Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are your thoughts on Ghost Galaxy?

I went on Ghost Galaxy on Saturday for the first time (and I have to say that it probably will be my last). I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday (as I think it enhances the experience) but Ghost Galaxy was a total disappointment. It was too bright and the lighting + music seemed to make Space Mountain feel much slower and less thrilling. I'm curious what others' thoughts are.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: What are your thoughts on Ghost Galaxy?

We find that the ride feels faster at the end of the day then when we first ride (usually as our first ride), but that is how it always feels to us. We like the ghost galaxy well enough, but our daughter (who lists this ride and BTMRR as her favorites) is not thrilled with it, making us ride in back so it is less in her face. It is a take or live it, we ride anyway sort of thing for my family.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

I love it! Especially love that it's temporary. More rides should have a Halloween make-over.
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• Lurker

My only real complaint about Ghost Galaxy is the sound. It really feels like I'm seated next to a jet engine. If it were only the occasional loud sting, that would be OK, but with it being constantly, painfully loud, I can't ride it.

• Team Hail HYDRA

it needs to be changed up a bit

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Director_Guy View Post
    I love it! Especially love that it's temporary. More rides should have a Halloween make-over.

I really enjoy the seasonal overlays. Everything could be better, but I'm more than happy with what I get.

I ride Space maybe 25-30 times a year, doing ghost galaxy 3-5 times is a pleasant change of pace.

• Minion

Oddly enough, where Space Mtn leaves me slightly queasy, SMGG did not. So, I like it! I used to be able to ride 'regular' SM over and over, but once I hit about 40 I started to experience motion sickness. Really bums me out that a lot of rides I used to love to ride over and over I either have to forgo or wait and ride the very last thing before heading back to the hotel feeling 'not so good'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Down Pluto!

If it is the same as previous years - Meh. It is lackluster at best, and fortunately does not detract from the overall SM experience. It seems to me they just wanted to jump all over peoples facination with all things halloween and do something - anything. We ended up with Ghost Galaxy, neither bad nor good.

Good old Disney - always jumping on bandwagons hoping to make a buck...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I've only been on it once and I thought it was cheesy, but at least I can close my eyes and pretend it isn't there.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

It's not my cup of tea. I prefer the more classic Halloween stuff Disney has to offer. Dancing skeletons, grim grinning ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, headless horseman - fine. Ugly ghost and loud shrieking noises - no thanks. We only rode Ghost Galaxy once during our fall vacation and have no desire to ride it again. We sorely missed Space Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    It's not my cup of tea. I prefer the more classic Halloween stuff Disney has to offer. Dancing skeletons, grim grinning ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, headless horseman - fine. Ugly ghost and loud shrieking noises - no thanks. We only rode Ghost Galaxy once during our fall vacation and have no desire to ride it again. We sorely missed Space Mountain.
    That's the thing. Space Mountain is a great ride (right up there with POTC or Indy) for the best ride at DL. To me HMH works as it's a re-theming of an existing ride without changing its characteristics. Space Mountain is changing the ride characteristics (lighting and sound) of Space Mountain in a way that is inferior to the original. Ridership and park attendance wouldn't be affected either way with or without it, but the ride experience is inferior.

i wouldnt know. i havent been on yet. i will be on thursday though!

It feels faster but I enjoy the upbeat soundtrack of the regular space mountain. I enjoy the regular space mountain better due to its theme, lighting, and shorter lines (from what i've noticed. it was 90 minutes last night!)

I haven't been on it this season, but in years past, I've loved the Hallowe'en overlay! I'm told the outside projections and soundscape are lackluster this year, and I'm hoping that report is wrong. I like that it's here, and I like that it's temporary.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Sock Puppet

i like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast