This past weekend, I decided to cross something off of my bucket list (which was go to WDW and DLR within a month from one another). I was at WDW Sept 28-29 and went to DLR this past Saturday. Before I continue, I do want to say that this was probably the first (and last) Saturday that I go to DL in October. The crowds (especially at DL) were horrendous. That being said, outside of RSR, DCA was still fairly manageable (provided Fastpass was used correctly).
Anyways, here are my thoughts:
- DL has great Halloween theming (much better than the MK).
- I knew that POTC was better at DL, but I didn't realize how much better it was until I rode both. DL's POTC completely and totally blows the one at the MK right out of the water. I even managed to get wet (for the first time ever).
- I also got pretty wet on Splash Mountain.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday was a treat, as always.
- I got to be a "rebel spy" in Star Tours. However, I will say that Star Tours does make me a bit nautious.
- As I had stated in another thread, I wasn't the biggest fan of Ghost Galaxy and "miss" the regular, post 2005 Space Mountain
- The percentage of people wearing Mouse Ears and Disneyland merchandise was much higher than when I was at WDW (I think that it may be attributed to the large percentage of AP holders that were at the park on Saturday, but still)
- The Matterhorn broke down (for the night) after I had been in line for 30 minutes, Big Thunder Mountain broke down as we were traveling up the 2nd lift hill (first time I'd ever been escorted off of a ride, it was pretty fun), and Mr. Toad's also broke down (maybe because it was the 13th).
- Fastpasses helped, but there was a 10-15 minute wait (after the Fastpass) at pretty much every attraction we went on.
- Every time I ride it, I like Monster's Inc. more and more
- I couldn't believe that at 8:30 there was a 15 minute line for RSR Fastpasses (and mine wasn't good until 3:15). Luckily, we were able to get some.
- Having just been to DHS's Tower of Terror, I actually have to say that I prefer the ride experience (for the thrill factor) at DCA. I've always liked this ride, and it didn't dissappoint.
- I skipped Soarin' and TSMM when I was in Florida, so I was happy I was able to do both (Soarin' is still a great attraction, although an updated video might be fun). TSMM's queue is awful, but the fun ride makes up for it.
- California Screamin' had a really short wait time (and is a great coaster). However, did they get rid of the on board soundtrack?
- I liked the Little Mermaid attraction. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. Monster's Inc is the best DCA dark ride though.
- I enjoyed the Frankenweenie preview.
- RSR (and Cars Land) is VERY, VERY, VERY well themed. It is very similar to the Harry Potter land at Universal's IOA. RSR is also a great attraction (loved the Luigi's tire replacement scene).
- I never noticed it before, but there's a Ghirardelli store that sells the same sundaes I enjoy whenever I go to San Francisco (and for the same price). I had a sundae and it was amazing.
All in all, I had a great time. I wish I would've had more time to do other attractions (DLRR, Matterhorn, the Fantasyland dark rides) but I loved the theming and I was able to do most of the E-tickets in one day save Grizzly River Run (as neither myself or DGF wanted to get wet), Matterhorn, and the rest of BTMRR.