• Selfie Expert

My husband's little cousin sent us Flat Stanley... He needs to go to DISNEY!

For any of you unfamiliar with Flat Stanly, it a project some kids do after reading the story of flat stanly, then they draw their own and send them off to friends or family to go on an adventure. I have him from now through the first week of November. We had no trip planned within that time frame, but I think I've got a friend convinced to drive with me to make a special trip for this tiny, flat man. (We drive from AZ). After that terrible rambling, I hope you're still here.

Good.

I need ideas!! I am admittedly overwhelmed with visions of how I can capture Stanly through the park... being held by characters, in food, in front of the castle...

Has anyone done anything like this in Disneyland? Any ideas?

I'm super excited to see how all the pictures turn out, plus this is my first drive-in, play, drive-home trip to DLR, and any trip to DL makes me ridiculously giddy. Any advise, friends, cautions, ideas, stories, high fives, etc are WELCOME.

Please leave your negativity at the door. Thanks!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: My husband's little cousin sent us Flat Stanley... He needs to go to DISNEY!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    For any of you unfamiliar with Flat Stanly, it a project some kids do after reading the story of flat stanly, then they draw their own and send them off to friends or family to go on an adventure. I have him from now through the first week of November. We had no trip planned within that time frame, but I think I've got a friend convinced to drive with me to make a special trip for this tiny, flat man. (We drive from AZ). After that terrible rambling, I hope you're still here.

Good.

I need ideas!! I am admittedly overwhelmed with visions of how I can capture Stanly through the park... being held by characters, in food, in front of the castle...

Has anyone done anything like this in Disneyland? Any ideas?

I'm super excited to see how all the pictures turn out, plus this is my first drive-in, play, drive-home trip to DLR, and any trip to DL makes me ridiculously giddy. Any advise, friends, cautions, ideas, stories, high fives, etc are WELCOME.

Please leave your negativity at the door. Thanks!
    I did this with a stuffed animal I stole from my boss's desk. Took pictures everywhere in Disneyland with the thing and texted them back to her. She was in stiches and wanted to make sure the stuffed animal kept it's arms and legs inside the ride vehicles at all times.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: My husband's little cousin sent us Flat Stanley... He needs to go to DISNEY!

A few years ago some MiceChatters sent around Mac the Chicken.... he not only went to Disneyland, but many other places as well. Here's one of the threads we did.

Mac's Photos: traveling angel ( ummmm chicken) is on its way !!!

A lot of the pictures are no longer viewable, but on the second page there are some of Mac at Disneyland that might give you some ideas.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

take a picture of flat stanley in front of stanleys statue in DCA. characters are always fun to do as well and should be more than happy to do so. also in front of photo locations; the castle, small world etc. Cast Members shouldn't have a problem with it either.

I don't have any ideas but wow, that sounds fun! You'll get your last fast pass free for all in too!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I did this with a stuffed animal I stole from my boss's desk. Took pictures everywhere in Disneyland with the thing and texted them back to her. She was in stiches and wanted to make sure the stuffed animal kept it's arms and legs inside the ride vehicles at all times.
    Hahaha I would've loved to have a friend do that to me! I'll bet you made your boss's day!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    A few years ago some MiceChatters sent around Mac the Chicken.... he not only went to Disneyland, but many other places as well. Here's one of the threads we did.

Mac's Photos: traveling angel ( ummmm chicken) is on its way !!!

A lot of the pictures are no longer viewable, but on the second page there are some of Mac at Disneyland that might give you some ideas.
    Thank you so much! This is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    take a picture of flat stanley in front of stanleys statue in DCA. characters are always fun to do as well and should be more than happy to do so. also in front of photo locations; the castle, small world etc. Cast Members shouldn't have a problem with it either.
    Great ideas! I'm hoping characters will be into it and come up with some funny poses.

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I don't have any ideas but wow, that sounds fun! You'll get your last fast pass free for all in too!
    Good point on the FP! Need to get my BTMRR fix in, too!
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 10-16-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Typo! So = do. It bothered me haha

• Nic

Take a picture of him in front of landmarks (i.e. the Castle, Splash Mountain), with characters, and maybe with the fireworks/Fantasmic!

I think taking pictures of him in lesser-known areas would kind of defeat the purpose, since kids most associate Disneyland with what I said above.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Take a picture of him in front of landmarks (i.e. the Castle, Splash Mountain), with characters, and maybe with the fireworks/Fantasmic!

I think taking pictures of him in lesser-known areas would kind of defeat the purpose, since kids most associate Disneyland with what I said above.
    That is a very, very good point. Those pictures you suggested are definitely must-dos!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Hahaha I would've loved to have a friend so that to me! I'll bet you made your boss's day!
    She had no idea who took the stuffed animal in the first place for a few days but when she saw that it was in Disneyland the jig was up.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

People still do this? Love it.

I'd say Stanley definitely has to try a Dole Whip if he's going to Disneyland. Maybe even splurge on a turkey leg, churros, cozy cones, and pretzel.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    She had no idea who took the stuffed animal in the first place for a few days but when she saw that it was in Disneyland the jig was up.
    I just love it! Must find something of my coworkers' to steal...

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    People still do this? Love it.

I'd say Stanley definitely has to try a Dole Whip if he's going to Disneyland. Maybe even splurge on a turkey leg, churros, cozy cones, and pretzel.
    I think a mickey-shaped pretzel or ice cream bar would be a really good idea! His family is in Alabama, so I'm not sure how many of them would recognize a Dole Whip, but I'm sure anything delicious-looking like that would make for a good photo-op! You are inspiring me to add to the list... And I can always use more excuses to buy MOAR FOODZ!