Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Fastpass return times to be enforced starting next month

Hasn't it been said, though, that tourists are the LEAST likely to use the Fastpass loophole? It's mostly people who are in the know--those who frequent these boards and go to the parks often; not Jane and John Doe who are visiting from Wyoming. If their Fastpass says very clearly "don't come back late" and they see signs saying that, they're probably the least likely guests to challenge it.

I honestly didn't even know you COULD do such a thing until I started reading here...

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Hasn't it been said, though, that tourists are the LEAST likely to use the Fastpass loophole? It's mostly people who are in the know--those who frequent these boards and go to the parks often; not Jane and John Doe who are visiting from Wyoming. If their Fastpass says very clearly "don't come back late" and they see signs saying that, they're probably the least likely guests to challenge it.

I honestly didn't even know you COULD do such a thing until I started reading here...
    A very good point. Perhaps, then, tourists who infrequently visit will be less likely to be impacted negatively with the enforcement of FP? And might even benefit if it does reduce overall wait time?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

Just the culture we live in, guys. People want to be able to do what they want and not follow the rules that are clearly stated.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Just the culture we live in, guys. People want to be able to do what they want and not follow the rules that are clearly stated.
    Pretty much at the root of most social issues me me me
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• "I Break Things"

I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone who has continually said comments to the effect of "but it works in Florida". I was having a bad morning before I logged in and read those comments. Now I can't stop laughing. Disney has a nasty habit of smooth rollouts in Florida that are then implemented in California. When they don't work management stares dumbfounded and repeatedly says "but it works in Florida". Good memories!

Also Flynn the Mayans have predicted that if I do not use every Fastpass in my pocket by this December the world will end!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Pretty much at the root of most social issues me me me
    Indeed. Despite the fact that countless mountains of studies have shown that when we all do what is in the best interests of others, everyone benefits the most. Zero-sum game, merging on the freeway in traffic, parking lot emptying after a sporting event, using Fast Pass. They are all equatable.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

"Extra signage and as much communication as possible will be used to try and get the word out at Disneyland and DCA, but the goal is to roll this out by Thanksgiving and then end the grace period of bending the rules by this Christmas. Wish those CM’s luck! As if they didn’t have enough problems with parking and cancelled Christmas parties and trying to carve out a little respect from TDA suits, they’ll be forced to play the role of Grinch this year and not let anyone show up late for their Fastpass appointment."

- From the Al Lutz column

Should I take this to mean they will not be enforcing Fastpass Return times on November 17 and 18? I have a trip planned then and I'm a mega-overplanner who generally takes advantage of late FP returns. I am hoping that when they say "roll out by Thanksgiving" I will still be able to use FP after the return window is over for those days in November, but maybe I should make two touring plans, one taking advantage of late FP and the other not, just in case. I guess I am one of those people who will love the Next-Gen thing when it comes about.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Dalia3001 View Post
    Should I take this to mean they will not be enforcing Fastpass Return times on November 17 and 18? I have a trip planned then and I'm a mega-overplanner who generally takes advantage of late FP returns. I am hoping that when they say "roll out by Thanksgiving" I will still be able to use FP after the return window is over for those days in November, but maybe I should make two touring plans, one taking advantage of late FP and the other not, just in case. I guess I am one of those people who will love the Next-Gen thing when it comes about.
    Just remember that technically returning late is against the rules and if the CM's decide to enforce said policy it could screw up your plans! It's the same advice I've offered for a long time.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Thanks Techship! The best part of any plan is to be able to change it as necessary, and that certainly is always the case at the DLR!

I think having two full plans in this case may be ideal, and if I have time I will make two, but if someone knows for a fact that the signage and whatnot is going to be up on Nov 17 and 18 and that they will be enforcing the FP return windows by then, then I might skip making a plan that makes use of FP's after the return window altogether.

I was wondering if anyone knows when the signage and official announcement that you may no longer come back after the FP return time might go up, in case anyone has any inside knowledge beyond what was in that really helpful post by Al.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I wonder how many of the people posting in this topic that have been so passionate about strict return times, bring their own food into the parks? Hmmm?
    Last edited by doppio; 10-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I wonder how many of people posting in this topic that have been so passionate about strict return times, bring their own food into the parks? Hmmm?
    I have actually never brought my own food into the parks. And I have always returned between the times listed on my ticket.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Minion

I wonder how many of people posting in this topic that have been so passionate about strict return times, bring their own food into the parks? Hmmm?
    I actually don't understand why this matters at all???

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I actually don't understand why this matters at all???
    Just trying to keep straight.. which rules are okay to break and which ones aren't.

=)

• I'm not really here

Just trying to keep straight.. which rules are okay to break and which ones aren't.

=)
    Uh, the answer to that is none.

•   
    • Minion

=)

There are no current rules about bringing in food or drinks as long as it's not in glass or alcohol. I bring sandwiches with me all the time and bottles water. I don't feel I am breaking any rules I just checked the FAQs for DLR there is nothing there about bringing food in.

I don't abuse the FP system. I actually look at the times of the tickets I am about to be distributed and figure out if it will work for me or not. I pasted the FQSa for both the park and FP the FP one does say to return during your time where as there is nothing about outside food.

Theme Parks | FAQ | Disneyland Resort

FASTPASS | Guest Services | Disneyland Resort

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast