Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: Fastpass return times to be enforced starting next month

From the article it sounds like more leniency will occur the first part of Nov. I sure hope so! I was hoping to get a FP to RSR and be able to use it at night.

If a ride breaks down what are the rules for return times at WDW?

Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No, actually it will improve the resort by forcing people to follow the rules and return within their window thus not clogging up the return lines later in the day. It may also mean that fast passes are available later in the day because people would not get them as early if they had no intention of riding until later.[COLOR=#8b0000]
    Perhaps but imo i Find the FP surge "problem" to be greatly exaggerated for all but the newest and seasonal attractions. RSR could do with strict return times. The rest of the resort...not so much. And at the cost of having more rules and more Strict control by Disney? I personally don't think its worth it. I feel like the parks are becoming a big buzzkill in the coming years
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Perhaps but imo i Find the FP surge "problem" to be greatly exaggerated for all but the newest and seasonal attractions. RSR could do with strict return times. The rest of the resort...not so much. And at the cost of having more rules and more Strict control by Disney? I personally don't think its worth it. I feel like the parks are becoming a big buzzkill in the coming years
    I too feel like the problems are over-exaggerated, but I will gladly eat my words if enforcing the return time does show a drastic improvement in the wait times. Was there any noticable effect of enforcing the times at Walt Disney World?

• Non-Minion

I would have to disagree with you on this. Anyone who has tried waiting in the stand-by line for Space Mountain at night knows that. Even BTMRR is packed at night and those rides are nowhere near new. I'm glad Disney is enforcing this, they aren't implementing MORE rules they are just starting to enforce the ones they already have in place. You mention DLR having strict control? I still don't see it? Do you just expect them to allow people to do what they want when they want? With the amount of Crowds that both parks are having its becoming almost more chaotic, if you seen the numbers that Al posted, there is a 20,000 people per day spike in attendance! That's insane and I think that its a necessity that DLR tightens its reign on allowing guests to abuse the FP system thus allowing lines to move more smoothly and less congestion...especially at night.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I would have to disagree with you on this. Anyone who has tried waiting in the stand-by line for Space Mountain at night knows that. Even BTMRR is packed at night and those rides are nowhere near new. I'm glad Disney is enforcing this, they aren't implementing MORE rules they are just starting to enforce the ones they already have in place. You mention DLR having strict control? I still don't see it? Do you just expect them to allow people to do what they want when they want? With the amount of Crowds that both parks are having its becoming almost more chaotic, if you seen the numbers that Al posted, there is a 20,000 people per day spike in attendance! That's insane and I think that its a necessity that DLR tightens its reign on allowing guests to abuse the FP system thus allowing lines to move more smoothly and less congestion...especially at night.
    i have experienced the surge and like I said I think it is exagerated. i think the problem doesn't warrant strict enforcement. Strict enforcement, next-gen, reserving fastpasses from home, charging for Christmas. All these are Disneyworld crap i Would rather not see come to DL.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Non-Minion

i have experienced the surge and like I said I think it is exagerated. i think the problem doesn't warrant strict enforcement. Strict enforcement, next-gen, reserving fastpasses from home, charging for Christmas. All these are Disneyworld crap i Would rather not see come to DL.
    I do TOTALLY agree with you on the extra-pay for certain events, its garbage and seems unwarrented. Still reserving judgement on the next-gen and fastpass reserve
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

I'm glad the FP is being reinforced! This summer when my boyfriend and I visited we tried very hard to make it back at the assigned time, only to find out it didn't even matter!

Other theme parks that offer somewhat of a FP system charge a lot more for the priviledge, and in my opinion they are a lot less efficient.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    Sad news at least make a two hour frame time
    Or just get there in the window your given like it's supposed to be?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pameleux View Post
    Other theme parks that offer somewhat of a FP system charge a lot more for the priviledge, and in my opinion they are a lot less efficient.
    Disagree. I've used "Pay For" Fastpass systems at multiple Six Flags parks (Discovery Kingdom, Great America, Great Adventure, Georgia, Texas) at Cedar Fair parks (Knott's, Kings Dominion) and at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Some rides don't work quite as well but for the most part I've found that these types of systems are as efficient or more efficient than Disney's fastpass.

It depends on the park as well. A park like Busch Gardens is a prime example of using the passes and dividing the lines adequately.

Again, the issue with the Disney system is the return times not being enforced. I've seen 40 minute FP lines for Space Mountain in the evenings (especially during Halloween) due to the non-enforcement. People are just going to have to change the way they use (abuse) the system.

It's a ticket with a printed time limit and why people are allowed to completely disregard it has always been a mystery to me. Do people expect to buy a ticket to the Halloween part for a specific date and then use it on a different date because it's more convenient then? Same idea, as far as I'm concerned.

(And I recently waited over 2 hours for Ghost Galaxy and saw 4 people admitted into the ride from the standby line for every *40* who were admitted from the FastPass line. I started a thread here asking if this was typical and the response was "pretty much.")

• My Children's Father

As an admitted Fastpass "abuser" I am curious to see what effect this has on wait times. Hopefully Al will feature this in a future article. But for those of you accusatory FP window adherants that criticize us "abusers", I have one question: Have you ever broken the speed limit while driving down the freeway?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    It's a ticket with a printed time limit and why people are allowed to completely disregard it has always been a mystery to me. Do people expect to buy a ticket to the Halloween part for a specific date and then use it on a different date because it's more convenient then? Same idea, as far as I'm concerned.

(And I recently waited over 2 hours for Ghost Galaxy and saw 4 people admitted into the ride from the standby line for every *40* who were admitted from the FastPass line. I started a thread here asking if this was typical and the response was "pretty much.")
    This.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    As an admitted Fastpass "abuser" I am curious to see what effect this has on wait times. Hopefully Al will feature this in a future article. But for those of you accusatory FP window adherants that criticize us "abusers", I have one question: Have you ever broken the speed limit while driving down the freeway?
    I think we all have sped and we have all returned to use a FP beyond the listed time. I know I certainly have. Sure it will require a change in the way we navigate the parks but it is what it is.

• Minion

hmm. just get rid of the concept all together. it makes the stand-by line a lot longer. Everyone needs to wait in line.
    It makes no sense at all why the queue for Indy is a mile long but it's just a walk by??

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast