Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Re: Fastpass return times to be enforced starting next month

Well I will be interested to see if I notice a difference. I had no idea people could abuse the wait time window. I just took it for granted that I had to return during that window, if anything I guess I am guilty of going early.

So I wonder if they'll do a 15 min grace period on either end..which seems a little flexible rather than tell the guy who shows up 5 min too late and say sorry no can do..I know I would be pissed..but 20 min I would understand.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    hmm. just get rid of the concept all together. it makes the stand-by line a lot longer. Everyone needs to wait in line.
    It makes no sense at all why the queue for Indy is a mile long but it's just a walk by??
    I am not sure your history with the park but FP allows you to take in 2 or 3 attractions for the price of one. In the 80s/90s before FP you would have to pick which E tickets you wanted to go on because you wouldn't get on them all because of the lines. Now with FP you get your ticket for Indy/Space mountain or whatever and then you can go wait for one of the others. usually by the time you are off one attraction your FP time is ready and you go right on that attraction. It saves you a lot of time. I do this for TSMM and Screaming always. I grab a Screaming pass go wait for tsmm and then usually my return time for screaming is ready when I get off tsmm.

As far as enforcing the times I couldn't care either way it never effects me and I am not sure what the fuss is all about. I grab FP and make it back during the time sometimes I miss the time it's nice to know I won't get punished for it. Where I work we take expired coupons all the time to provide good customer service to me there is no difference. The numbers of people going on the attractions are going to be the same all day no matter what. I often wonder how many people don't even use their FPs during the day. I go to the resort a lot and I have yet to experience issues with the lines like I have been reading on these boards the past 4 years. All I know is life got better with the introduction of FP and cut the stand by lines down which is what I am all for.

•   

Plus, look at it this way-
    Gumball rally will have a new twist!

• The doctor is in

It's about damn time they started enforcing the FP times. Without enforcing them it renders the FP useless, imo.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    So I wonder if they'll do a 15 min grace period on either end..which seems a little flexible rather than tell the guy who shows up 5 min too late and say sorry no can do..I know I would be pissed..but 20 min I would understand.
    I don’t think they need to add an additional grace period. There is already an hour grace period built in to the fastpass. The first time on the ticket is when you should return and the second time is the end of your hour grace period.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I don't see that happening. Where do you draw the line?

Let's say the guy shows up 20 minutes after his FP time and the CM is nice and lets him in. The next guy is going to come back 45 minutes later and expect the same "Well he was late, why can't I be too?" treatment. We'll be right back where we started in no time.

• Disneyland Nut

I can understand this to some degree, but in a way it may cause some clogging of the FP lines since I think people were utilizing the "come back anytime after" theory. I don't usually use FP that often, but it was one of those fun "perks" that people could use.

1 hour is way too short if it's going to be strictly enforced. Make it at least 2 hours, otherwise plenty of people will be yelling at those CMs due to all sorts of reasons like "i went on another ride, the wait time clearly said 30 minutes, but it was really 50 minutes and that's why i am late!". with only a 1 hour window, there are actually a lot of sorta legitimate things that can come up, but 2 hours is more than reasonable to make it back in your window given that no ride sides rsr has anything close to a 2 hr wait.

• a wind to shake the stars

I'm assuming they'll have some leeway, like a 30-minute unofficial window at the end where you can still use the pass. They want to stop passholders from grabbing a bunch of passes before noon and spending them at 9pm, not punish a family who couldn't make it all the way across the park for their window.

• Seasick

I can't complain about them doing this. An hour is more than enough time to get to where you need to be.

Perhaps it will mean Fastpasses will work as originally intended - to get people to shop and eat more. Right now, there's no risk to getting in line for a different attraction during your FP window, there's no risk. However, if my time to ride Space Mountain is coming up in 10 minutes, I migt not risk that 20-minute stand-by line for Space Mountain.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• -

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslw View Post
    1 hour is way too short if it's going to be strictly enforced. Make it at least 2 hours, otherwise plenty of people will be yelling at those CMs due to all sorts of reasons like "i went on another ride, the wait time clearly said 30 minutes, but it was really 50 minutes and that's why i am late!". with only a 1 hour window, there are actually a lot of sorta legitimate things that can come up, but 2 hours is more than reasonable to make it back in your window given that no ride sides rsr has anything close to a 2 hr wait.
    One hour is plenty of time to make it from one part of the resort to another. I had no problem making it from the other side of the World Showcase to Test Track last April, and Epcot is huge compared to Disneyland.

If your fastpass time is about to open, there should be no reason to get in line for something else. It is just like a table reservation at a restaurant or movie tickets. If you have a reservation for 5pm at Blue Bayou or AMC Downtown Disney tickets for a 5pm showing of Kazaam you wouldn't get in a 45 minute Space Mountain line. Why treat a fastpass any differently?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    One hour is plenty of time to make it from one part of the resort to another. I had no problem making it from the other side of the World Showcase to Test Track last April, and Epcot is huge compared to Disneyland.

If your fastpass time is about to open, there should be no reason to get in line for something else. It is just like a table reservation at a restaurant or movie tickets. If you have a reservation for 5pm at Blue Bayou or AMC Downtown Disney tickets for a 5pm showing of Kazaam you wouldn't get in a 45 minute Space Mountain line. Why treat a fastpass any differently?
    because you can't make a reservation for a 5pm space mountain line or 5pm tickets for star tours. you get assigned whatever times the system pops out, no if, and, buts about it. let me toss out a hypothetical - the system pops out 3:20 pm for space mountain, but you have some condition (diabetic? something i dunno) and need to take medicine/take a shot/whatever at 4:00pm at your hotel in gch. you can't exactly go on the ride at 3:20 because you won't make it back in time, but if you take your medicine then you won't make it back, you will just be right outside the window. you might think it's more than enough, but i think there are enough cases where guests will feel upset because the 1 hour window was just too small for them due to something happening. remember, you CANNOT choose the time. how do you want to be the CM looking at a ticket 5 mins late and having the guest go on about how it was something outside their control?

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

and along with that, the FP isn't an hour from when you first get it. We all know that there is a designated time set. So you get a FP at 9am and your return time is at 12:30pm; so you plan accordingly.

If you get in line at 11:30 for a ride and it takes an hour then you still ahve plenty of time to get to your destination. If you have trouble planing things with a 1 hour window then I doubt I would want to visit the park with you

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslw View Post
    because you can't make a reservation for a 5pm space mountain line or 5pm tickets for star tours. you get assigned whatever times the system pops out, no if, and, buts about it. let me toss out a hypothetical - the system pops out 3:20 pm for space mountain, but you have some condition (diabetic? something i dunno) and need to take medicine/take a shot/whatever at 4:00pm at your hotel in gch. you can't exactly go on the ride at 3:20 because you won't make it back in time, but if you take your medicine then you won't make it back, you will just be right outside the window. you might think it's more than enough, but i think there are enough cases where guests will feel upset because the 1 hour window was just too small for them due to something happening. remember, you CANNOT choose the time. how do you want to be the CM looking at a ticket 5 mins late and having the guest go on about how it was something outside their control?
    So if the system pops out a FP ticket for 3:20 you have plenty of time BEFORE then to run to the hotel, get your meds and come back.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I would like a 2 hour grace period...but hey I'm coming back to the forums in a month...when I go and if lines are not shorter....I'm making a thread on how id didn't matter Racers is still a 2 hour wait on peak days

ALSO what if the ride breaks can you come back ANYTIME that day...cause Indy breaks like 3 times each I'm there

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Perhaps but imo i Find the FP surge "problem" to be greatly exaggerated for all but the newest and seasonal attractions. RSR could do with strict return times. The rest of the resort...not so much. And at the cost of having more rules and more Strict control by Disney? I personally don't think its worth it. I feel like the parks are becoming a big buzzkill in the coming years
    I have to say I've been there in off times, non-seasonal overlay times and during peak times. At night, Space and Thunder and Indy can get loaded down as all the FP stackers start turning up to multi-ride things. It can get really bad.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast