Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

I feel that it is the best Marvel Character, in the best possible land to replace the worst current attration. If Marvel needs to be in the park, this is the way to go. Plus, another E-ticket? heck yeah I'll be there.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    ESPN IS Disney. It's time people come to terms with that. That doesn't mean it needs to be in Disneyland.
    Great point. Just as ABC is Disney. How about we put a Modern Family thrill ride in as well. How about a Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 meet and greet? Just because they are Disney properties doesn't mean they NEED to be in Disneyland.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Great point. Just as ABC is Disney. How about we put a Modern Family thrill ride in as well. How about a Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 meet and greet? Just because they are Disney properties doesn't mean they NEED to be in Disneyland.
    Yet Modern Family filmed an episode (VERY common with shows on ABC to do) at Disneyland. Also; they used to hold the ABC days where people from the shows were there for...you guessed it...meet and greets!

Disney has always, and WILL always use its other licensed properties inside their Disney parks
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Well, if you want to be technical, an entire television series that aired on ABC was crammed into the Parks. By the time Disneyland opened, most of its attractions were copied from the show. It even had the same name as Disneyland.

Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Indy and Star Tours aren't Disney. They are in DISNEYland. It's all a moot point.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't get me wrong, both rides are great but they could have been made without the movie tie-ins. Just imagine.... for Star Tours - "Captain Clinksalot and the Journey through the Future"...

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Yet Modern Family filmed an episode (VERY common with shows on ABC to do) at Disneyland. Also; they used to hold the ABC days where people from the shows were there for...you guessed it...meet and greets!

Disney has always, and WILL always use its other licensed properties inside their Disney parks
    Was talking permanent attractions, not temporary cross-pollinating.

• The doctor is in

Just think of it this way, guys... at least Marvel fits into Tomorrowland. It's not like they are trying to put a superhero attraction in Adventureland.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
    Tony Stark isn't just all about promoting clean, renewable energy...
    If you watch the movies (and of course, Disney will probably follow their movie storylines instead of the comics) his company went from weapons manufacturing to researching arc reactor technology. By the time the Avengers rolled around he produced a model that could run itself for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I really don't like the idea of a Marvel ride in Disneyland. Maybe in DCA but to me DL is about MAGIC not thrill. Yes, there are thrill rides but not like at Universal or Six Flags. They are more themed at DL.
    And the Iron Man ride wouldn’t be more themed? I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. I really don’t think that Disney is going to buy a sheet of MDF, a jig saw, and some paint and just hang a picture of Iron Man’s face on the outside of the Innoventions building and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Yes. It speaks that it is a Disney property and clearly does not belong in DISNEYLAND.
    If they had an area where it fit thematically as well as aesthetically then I don't see a problem using it? However, ESPN doesn’t fit anywhere within the park. Iron Man does. That is the difference.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

After giving it some thought (I never wanted Marvel in the parks), I think that Stark Expo could be great going into the Innovations building. Stark has ties with the New York World's Fair, and same as Disney. If done right the Stark Expo could pay homage to the 1964 World's Fair and how Disney was apart of it.

It is more futuristic than anything in Tomorrowland to date!
    -Tyler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    People still can't come to terms with the integration of Pixar characters into Disneyland. They won't accept Marvel for a long time.
    So very true.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Hot FIRE!

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    that makes no sense because what you define as wrong is far different than what others think. It's subjective. I think none of those choices are wrong.

...As I see it

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I don't see magic existing in Tomorrowland. a land about technology and the exciting future of what's going to come. since people want something original, what SHOULD tomorrowland have? we already have lots about space...what else would work? personally, I'd like a time travel attraction.

...As I see it
    I would love to see that time travel attraction as well.

• Circle of Ancients

Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't get me wrong, both rides are great but they could have been made without the movie tie-ins. Just imagine.... for Star Tours - "Captain Clinksalot and the Journey through the Future"...
    Given my mood today I'd just crash everybody into the moon and be done with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well I am glad to see all those people saying they wont be going on Ironman...cause if you really dislike like it that much...I don't want to see one of your riding it...make the line shorter for us who will enjoy the ride for what it is....Ironman over Star Wars makes sense for Tomorrowland since its a guy in a suit that has a guns in it, a jetpack and super strength all of which one day be used in the battle field
    Lets not leave out Tony Stark's alcoholism either shall we...

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They mesh perfectly:

I think this Spider Mickey looks pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

You're right, Calsig31!

This is just hilarious, and at the same time, still kind of cool. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Not only that, the majority of the properties that everyone thinks of as Disney are adaptations of existing stories or were licensed intellectual property. The actual number of beloved "Disney" stories that are not based on a previous work is quite small.
    I agree with this strongly.

When it comes to Disney, what I care most about is immersive theme, imagination and storytelling. I don't mind so much if they are stories already established and retold through Disney, I just care about the quality. There is nothing wrong with retelling a story. Even original ideas are born from connecting many other ideas and influences.

I enjoy Iron Man, and I hope this will be a great ride. I am, however, a bit sad to see innoventions go. Yes it's a dud right now, but I think it could still be turned into something better, with more interesting exhibits. I thought it added variety and I find the concept and possibilities interesting. Anyway, updated innoventions, or new ride, either way it's better than the current innoventions to me. I just hope the ride will have a lot of attention to detail.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Nic

I really don't see a problem with the Iron Man ride going here. If you told me today that Star Wars was going to be added into Tomorrowland, I would be livid. But, seeing how well Disney incorporated the franchise into Tomorrowland, really gives me hope for this new attraction.

If you don't like it, and don't think Marvel should be in Disneyland, don't ride the attraction. I doubt it will be an outside ride, so just disregard it's existence like most people do to Innoventions. They won't replace Tinkerbell with Spiderman in the fireworks, they won't make the castle grow huge and green every hour, and they won't re-theme Tomorrowland to all-Marvel. It's a ride, for god's sake, it won't make your experience any less better because there's going to be a Marvel ride in an appropriately themed land.

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well.....I'd love to see some sort of Space Adventure.....something like and a few other people are captain of a ship, you discover planets, fight aliens and have a funny robot guide or AI......something different from the the normal one path ride..but something you and your friends get ten mins to go out in this Virtual space in a physical ship and get to press buttons, work together and have fun.

But of course Disney would never go for that..though if they had enough area the capacity for the ride would not be so bad since...each "space ship" would be like 20 feet, make 30 of these and the ride would be able to hold a good amount of people. But we all know Disney does not want to go the route of different, new and exciting anymore...its Rollercoasters and Bigger Dark rides
    Sorry, but how would that idea be new and exciting? We already have Mission: Space in Epcot, and the ride concept is basically the same as what you're proposing.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast