Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Personally, I'm not a Marvel fan, and I do not consider Marvel to be Disney just in the same manner that I do not consider ESPN to be Disney (for the record, Star Tours and Indiana Jones are two of my least favorite attractions in the park). While I'm sure that Disney will build a fine attraction, I still can't say that I would be interested in it. With my time in the park so precious and limited, I would simply rather focus my attention to other areas of the park that are more in tune with my interests. I would have prefered to have seen something original and not movie-related built. Now, I don't have anything against movie/TV tie ins. As others have noticed, they have been ubiquitous at the park since day one. However, in recent years we have seen a relative dearth of attractions being constructed that are unrelated to movie and TV parties Can anyone see the Disney of today putting in a wild west saloon? A Mississippi river steamboat? An 18th century sailing ship? A land styled like New Orleans Square? A show like the Enchanted Tiki Room? Themed attractions such as Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean? My point is that movie/TV-related attractions aren't bad, but Disney has been lacking in original attractions for quite a while. Anyway, Tomorrowland has always been my least favorite land of the park. So, I can't really say that I feel much of a loss. I hope the Iron Man ride successful though because that could mean fewer people in the sections of the park that I particularly like.

Lets not leave out Tony Stark's alcoholism either shall we...
    Forgetting about someone???

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 339
Size:  5.2 KB

Don't forget Pinocchio!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• The doctor is in

Don't forget Luke.

I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

Or Skumps.

Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    There have been dozens of threads in the last five years that have laid out detailed ideas for a new Tomorrowland. Ideas that would require Disney to return to its roots of creative innovation instead of just copying Universal's "Ride the Movies" model, as Disney has been doing for the last 20 years.
    Absolutely. Why Disney can't get it's most innovative and creative minds together for a big Blue Sky session anymore just boggles the mind.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

For some time now I wanted a Tron Light Cycle ride over Stark Expo but accepted it wont happen. I will give this a chance. It needs to focus on technological progress, clean technology, clean, renewable energy, and a better future (Tomorrowland themes) then it should be okay. But if it focus on fighting a villain and the Avengers are involved then you all can complain about it as much as you want.

I am hoping with Stark Expo comes a complete redo of TL to make up for TL'98. If not I'll be very disappointed.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Don't forget Pinocchio!
    Don't forget Luke
    Or Skumps
    I would call those "Lovable Lushes".......

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    For some time now I wanted a Tron Light Cycle ride over Stark Expo but accepted it wont happen. I will give this a chance. It needs to focus on technological progress, clean technology, clean, renewable energy, and a better future (Tomorrowland themes) then it should be okay. But if it focus on fighting a villain and the Avengers are involved then you all can complain about it as much as you want.

I am hoping with Stark Expo comes a complete redo of TL to make up for TL'98. If not I'll be very disappointed.
    I am with you on this aspect. I don't want to see some superhero mash-up which I dread is what's going to happen.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Stark Expo 2010

Does Disney have the rights to these concept art that where/are to be built in Dubai?
    Concept Art For The MARVEL Theme Park | SciFi Mafia
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post

Stark Expo 2010

Does Disney have the rights to these concept art that where/are to be built in Dubai?
    Concept Art For The MARVEL Theme Park | SciFi Mafia
    That, is how you do a Marvel park.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

This could be exciting, with the work that WDI has been allowed to do recently a nice big attraction in tomorrow land could be the start to a new look for the land.

i just hope they are allowed to tear the old building out and start from scratch

My question is, once this does open, how are they going to deal with foot traffic? That narrow corridor is already quite packed and I couldn't imagine more traffic getting through efficiently. They must have plans for much more than just Innoventions. Autopia maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    My question is, once this does open, how are they going to deal with foot traffic? That narrow corridor is already quite packed and I couldn't imagine more traffic getting through efficiently. They must have plans for much more than just Innoventions. Autopia maybe?
    Perhaps they'll remove/relocate the astro orbitor. They want to build a second path behind main street so, as it seems, they are taking guest traffic these days very seriously.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

IRON MAN RIDE?! Yes please. Tomorrowland is in sad shape. Retheming all or a portion of it as Stark Expo would be amazing!

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    There have been dozens of threads in the last five years that have laid out detailed ideas for a new Tomorrowland. Ideas that would require Disney to return to its roots of creative innovation instead of just copying Universal's "Ride the Movies" model, as Disney has been doing for the last 20 years.
    You happen to notice the success of HarryPotterLand? The country disagrees with your position. Disney is in the business of making popular attractions for the masses, not for the hardcore fans.

Walt's original design for Disneyland was essentially to have guests walk INTO Disney movies and animated features. While not everything was from a specific movie, the idea behind almost every attraction was to either ride through a specific movie (Fantasyland attractions), ride through something that was very reminiscent of a specific movie (Jungle Cruise), or ride through a movie-like experience from a specific genre (most of the Tomorrowland attractions).

Cars Land succeeded in doing something that Disney must now do to maximize: tie in. The great thing about this is that you can tie in and still make an attraction or land that is highly detailed and themed. It's not just a "ride the movies" land. It is immersive and takes you to another time and place.

I've said this before about movies, and the same is true of theme parks: The base concept behind it isn't as important as the execution, detailing, story, and design. Whether a land is based on a specific movie or a generic "type" of movie, whether the concept is "original" or based of an existing property is irrelevant. Original ideas and tie-in ideas can both be successes or failures, and it usually has very, very little to do with the "topic" that the land is based on, and far more to do with proper execution, attention to detail, sufficient funding, and quality design.

By choosing an existing property to base something on, Disney can additionally appeal to the millions of fans of that particular franchise.
    Last edited by simba; 10-16-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast