Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

The simple fact is people want to "ride the movies." Guests who go to a theme park want to experience the movie magic close up and be a part of it. That is why Universal Studios Hollywood and Orlando still exist. Disney isn't any different these days because it works. Thousands of people walk through the gates every day and buy the food, merchandise, and ride the attractions. As long as people are buying tickets it won't change.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Bingo. I have serious doubts Disney is thinking along the lines of a Stark Expo especially if, as Al says, it is going to be an "E" Ticket. The folks clamoring for this Iron Man attraction better get ready for another simulator type attraction and not something that highlights futuristic technology and that will fit in with Tomorrowland as well as BLAB and FNSV.
    I didn't know you had inside information that it's going to only be a simulator. I suggest everyone hold off their judgement until 1)ground is actually broken for it and 2) after some sort of details start to leak out about what the ride would entail.

If you can't do that, then fine by me...less people I would have to deal with in line.

seriously, it surprises me the amount of discontent and disgust people have with Marvel. Most I'm sure have not picked up a comic or have actually taken the time to research and learn about its creators like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Minion

I agree the attraction has to be done right in order to fit Tomorrowland. The ride has to have a relationship with Stark Expo and futuristic aspects, such as the future and possibilities of technology, automobiles, etc.. If it's just going to be an attraction about Iron Man, the superhero, then it probably won't really achieve the mission of Tomorrowland.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Two thumbs down from my family and I regarding Iron Man attraction in Disneyland.

I would rather see a "Mission Space" type of attraction which is "non i.p based"
    It would be nice to see a more "semi" science and space based futuristic non "super hero" attraction placed in "Tommorow land"

Iron Man would be fine for Disney Studios in Florida but not in "Disneyland"

• The doctor is in

Maybe they could make the queue more of a Stark Expo before the actual ride.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I didn't know you had inside information that it's going to only be a simulator. I suggest everyone hold off their judgement until 1)ground is actually broken for it and 2) after some sort of details start to leak out about what the ride would entail.

If you can't do that, then fine by me...less people I would have to deal with in line.

seriously, it surprises me the amount of discontent and disgust people have with Marvel. Most I'm sure have not picked up a comic or have actually taken the time to research and learn about its creators like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    Some people just aren't into the super hero genre. And to have Disney stuff if down all our throats as they appear to be doing just doesn't set well with some of us, and creates some anxiety in regards to the direction that Disneyland appears to be taking.

My short summary on Tomorrowland: The future is an undefined place. Because of this, every author/creative designer has their own unique vision which are non conducive with one another.

This means that WDI should be the only ones with creative input otherwise we'll get a hodge podge of "the future". The most coherent Tomorrowland had no movie tie-ins.

The fewer movie tie-ins into Tomorrowland, the better. The futuristic vision of Star Tours greatly differs from that of Iron Man thus Tomorrowland will continue to be a discombobulated mess.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually it does make it Disney. If I bought a new car, that makes it my car. That is how buying and selling works.
    Good point (and a little snarky). But I think it is a bit like buying one of Elvis's Cadillacs or something similar. If you buy that car, you may have the pink slip, but it will always be known as Elvis' car and that is what you would tell people about it too.("Do you like my new Car, it used to be owned by Elvis")

Personally, I don't care what branding is put on the attraction. I'm just happy to finally see the Innoventions space being put to good use. Anything other than Innoventions will be an improvement.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Some people just aren't into the super hero genre. And to have Disney stuff if down all our throats as they appear to be doing just doesn't set well with some of us, and creates some anxiety in regards to the direction that Disneyland appears to be taking.
    I'm not without sympathy and could understand the hesitation or anxiety brought along with it, but, as I said before all you have to do is look at the creator of these works in American Literature and you won't see a vision too far off from Walt's himself.

Let's face it, in regards to Tomorrowland there has been NO direction. "If its sci-fi then throw it in cause that's what tomorrow is about" seems to be the general mentality of direction. I can't remember where I read it (and I know I will lose all credibility for this) but there was an interview with Walt about Disneyland and even he goes on to admit his biggest worry was tomorrowland because the amount of time it takes to build something; by the time its done, the technology for it is almost obsolete. One of the main things that kept Tomorrowland together was the entire space race and space exploration...unfortunately today with NASA killing its space programs there is a huge lack of enthusiasm to become an astronaut these days. So where do we go from there?

The main reason why I back an Iron Man ride has largely to do the Stark Expo and how much of a tribute they paid to Walt Disney and the World's Fair. Something like that could really bring back some of that old magic and mystery that used to surround Tomorrowland. Stark in The Avengers has stopped his weapons dealing and has entered the energy race...which we all KNOW is very much associated with tomorrow. His technology in the movies is far more advanced then what we have seen and kids LOVE it.

I just think its sad that people are already drawing a line in the sand stating how much they hate the idea when no proper research has been done to back it. Not to mention, as others have said, those same people will be there to wait in line, ride the ride with the mentality that they hate it, find every tiny flaw, and blow it up as it being one of the worst DLR rides known to man...

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post

Not everyone in the world is a comic book fan like you. And I didn't know you had inside info that it isn't going to be simulator based. Sometimes it feels like the comic fanboy fanatics can't accept the fact that there are differing opinions and valid points on why Iron Man should not be in Tomorrowland especially if it is going to be just a superhero vs villain mash-up. And really, can someone come up with something other than the "Good, one less person in line" deal?

---------- Post added 10-17-2012 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    My short summary on Tomorrowland: The future is an undefined place. Because of this, every author/creative designer has their own unique vision which are non conducive with one another.

This means that WDI should be the only ones with creative input otherwise we'll get a hodge podge of "the future". The most coherent Tomorrowland had no movie tie-ins.

The fewer movie tie-ins into Tomorrowland, the better. The futuristic vision of Star Tours greatly differs from that of Iron Man thus Tomorrowland will continue to be a discombobulated mess.
    Yep.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The simple fact is people want to "ride the movies." Guests who go to a theme park want to experience the movie magic close up and be a part of it. That is why Universal Studios Hollywood and Orlando still exist. Disney isn't any different these days because it works. Thousands of people walk through the gates every day and buy the food, merchandise, and ride the attractions. As long as people are buying tickets it won't change.
    To be fair, though, just as many people flock to the non-movie based attractions like Space Mountian, Grizzly River Run, Soarin', Haunted Mansion (although they may be going to this one expecting to see Eddie Murphy).

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Some people may not be into ghosts, does that mean that Haunted Mansion is "stuff[ing] it down all our throats" also?

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    The futuristic vision of Star Tours greatly differs from that of Iron Man thus Tomorrowland will continue to be a discombobulated mess.
    Not necessarily. That is only true if Tomorrowland is only supposed to represent one era of Man's future.

To me, I see it as a land that demonstrates breakthroughs and advancement to come in the future no matter how far ahead those breakthroughs may come. Someday we may have affordable undersea tourism in a nuclear submarine (without the cartoon fish, I hope), or be able to have sightseeing trips around the galaxy like they do in Star Tours. Will we be able to go undersea in a nuclear sub before we can take a quick sightseeing trip to Alpha Centauri or the Horsehead Nebula? Probably. Could both be in Man's future? Both are a good bet.

It is the same as the clean energy technology of Iron Man. May happen sooner than we travel the vast distances between stars, but clean renewable energy is something that we can definitely hope for in the future.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

If the Stark Expo project would piggyback a restoration of Rocket Jets, PeopleMover, and Adventure Thru Inner Space into the mix I might be all ears...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Walt's original design for Disneyland was essentially to have guests walk INTO Disney movies and animated features. While not everything was from a specific movie, the idea behind almost every attraction was to either ride through a specific movie (Fantasyland attractions), ride through something that was very reminiscent of a specific movie (Jungle Cruise), or ride through a movie-like experience from a specific genre (most of the Tomorrowland attractions).
    Wow. I don't believe I've ever read such a mis-understanding of Walt Disney's original intent for Disneyland.

---------- Post added 10-17-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The simple fact is people want to "ride the movies." Guests who go to a theme park want to experience the movie magic close up and be a part of it.
    Speak for yourself.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Not everyone in the world is a comic book fan like you. And I didn't know you had inside info that it isn't going to be simulator based. Sometimes it feels like the comic fanboy fanatics can't accept the fact that there are differing opinions and valid points on why Iron Man should not be in Tomorrowland especially if it is going to be just a superhero vs villain mash-up. And really, can someone come up with something other than the "Good, one less person in line" deal?
    Are you sure about that? I think there are a lot more comic book nerds out there than you think...now that its ok for people to express it they are coming out of the woodwork. Funny thing is...I am not even the biggest Marvel fan! I just think the ideals that are set in the Iron Man series has a lot to do with not just todays issues, but tomorrow's as well as the exploration of alternative ways to sustain our existance without killing our own planet for resources.

I don't have an inside track but then again I wasn't making claims that I knew what kind of ride I knew it was going to be. You have your opinion and I do respect it greatly and I will never tell someone what they should or shouldn't like. It just gets frustrating when people aren't even open to the option of see what the possibilites are. I'l put it this way, if an Iron Man ride/Expo gets placed where Innoventions is...are we really losing anything?

I'm all for originallity but the problem is...Disney doesn't have it, as sad and as much as it hurts to say. What's the big deal with having outside help? Do you really think DLR would be able to sustain itself if they didn't allow ANY kind of help from third party vendors or companies???

as far as the "good one less person in line" goes... no...not really; because the moment the ride opens we KNOW that its a false statement.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast