Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 467
  1. #16

    • SORCERER
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    187

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    I hope for the most part this rumor is true, EXCEPT the Iron Man part.

    Sorry Disney but Iron Man's character and personailty does not fit Disney. Not to offend anyone, but Iron Man is Arrogant Schmuck Superhero, and is not somthing that represents Disney at all.

    A better fit would be a TRON Light Cycle Experience on the Grid or something. It would be a much better fit for Tomorrow land.

  2. #17

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,608

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    I actually really like a lot of Marvel stuff, but Spiderman and The Hulk next to Mickey, Goofy, and other classic Disney characters? Not so much.
    I guess since this is an Iron Man attraction and not Spidey or Hulk coupled with the fact that one hardly ever sees Mickey, Goofy or the other classic characters in Tomorrowland you really don't have to worry about seeing the combination that you mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    ISorry Disney but Iron Man's character and personailty does not fit Disney. Not to offend anyone, but Iron Man is Arrogant Schmuck Superhero, and is not somthing that represents Disney at all.
    Because Disney does not have any arrogant characters at all (Gaston, young Simba, Beast...)
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  3. #18

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    I hope for the most part this rumor is true, EXCEPT the Iron Man part.

    Sorry Disney but Iron Man's character and personailty does not fit Disney. Not to offend anyone, but Iron Man is Arrogant Schmuck Superhero, and is not somthing that represents Disney at all.

    A better fit would be a TRON Light Cycle Experience on the Grid or something. It would be a much better fit for Tomorrow land.
    Agree. If they are going to add an E-ticket ride to Tomorrowland, they should do a Tron ride instead. Would be much more in theme with the land than Iron Man.

  4. #19

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    I don't see an issue with Iron Man, I mean we had Tron. Buzz Lightyear and Nemo have NOTHING to do with Tomorrowland.

    Anything that replaces the awful innoventions is ok with me.

    Hopefully this will also mean the removal of the peoplemover track and let's hope the rockets back in their proper place and open up TL some more.


  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hollywood East, CA
    Posts
    451

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

    Hopefully this will also mean the removal of the peoplemover track and let's hope the rockets back in their proper place and open up TL some more.
    That's icing on the cake right there

  6. #21

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Still fail to see how Iron Man can be such an issue, yet Star Wars and Toy Story are given a free pass in that part of the park

    At least Tony Stark is for technologial progress on Earth.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  7. #22

    • Love HD videos!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water
    Posts
    1,694

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    When my pass expire this year, I think I know when to renew my pass and that's when this new attraction open up.

    It's better NOT rely heavily on projection screens like all the attractions at Universal. I want it to be like Indiana jones adventure ride with physical props and animatronics.


    Judging from the size Innoventions, I believe it will be mostly projections like Transformers ride.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 10-16-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360


  8. #23

    • Non-Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    434

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Ahhhh yes, here comes the dreadful Marvel vs. Disney debate...again...

    I think Marvel is an AMAZING addition to tomorrowland. If you watch The Avengers, Tony Stark mentions how he's at the forefront of clean technology. If you watch Captain America you could tell that the Stark Expo was a direct relation to the New York's Worlds Fair where Walt was always at the top of the list of what's the next best thing. IMHO having a Stark Expo/Iron Man ride could bring back the old feel of how Tomorrowland USED to be. I, for one, can't wait to see what they do to the waste of space at Innoventions! I might even use the word...giddy!

    Walt Disney and Stan Lee were both story tellers and if you look at the history of Marvel you will find there were quite a few cross-brand crossovers...I think that Disney and Marvel fit a lot more seamlessly than Disney and Star Wars and I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd. I can't wait for all those that are dead-set against having Marvel in the park be blown away but the potential it carries....and if anything else, I won't have to wait that much longer in line
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"





  9. #24

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Ahhhh yes, here comes the dreadful Marvel vs. Disney debate...again...

    I think Marvel is an AMAZING addition to tomorrowland. If you watch The Avengers, Tony Stark mentions how he's at the forefront of clean technology. If you watch Captain America you could tell that the Stark Expo was a direct relation to the New York's Worlds Fair where Walt was always at the top of the list of what's the next best thing. IMHO having a Stark Expo/Iron Man ride could bring back the old feel of how Tomorrowland USED to be. I, for one, can't wait to see what they do to the waste of space at Innoventions! I might even use the word...giddy!

    Walt Disney and Stan Lee were both story tellers and if you look at the history of Marvel you will find there were quite a few cross-brand crossovers...I think that Disney and Marvel fit a lot more seamlessly than Disney and Star Wars and I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd. I can't wait for all those that are dead-set against having Marvel in the park be blown away but the potential it carries....and if anything else, I won't have to wait that much longer in line

    Can not agree with this more.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  10. #25

    • "What is thy bidding?"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Death Star
    Posts
    249

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Awe. I was hopping for an Oz ride or a Lone Ranger Ride. Or even an Up ride. But this sounds good.

    Thank heavens it's based on a property I'm already familiar with so it won't really be like experiencing something new.
    Your lucky they are not adding something from the "Dark Side" of the Force..."Imperial Devastation" the ride...you don't want to experience this!!!

    Yep, an new fresh experience in Tomorrowland would rule...

  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    133

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    I love (and I mean LOVE) Iron Man, but I am not happy about this at all. Marvel and Disney should be kept separate. The two brands don't really mesh well together, in my opinion.

  12. #27

    • Non-Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    434

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    DLR has lost its sense of what "tomorrow" should be.

    NOTHING they have done other than Star Tours II has brought Tomorrowland back to its former self.

    Why not let Marvel have a crack at it. They've always had one foot in the future
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"





  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1,562 Miles East of DisneyLand
    Posts
    680

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Btw, your should probably change the title. Calling it a "thrill ride" may encourage some users to say it's going to be a six flags-esque attraction.
    To be fair.... Al Lutz called it a thrill ride in the article. I don't see how the title is misleading at all.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

  14. #29

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Sigh, another movie attraction addition to Disneyland. The fact that it's Marvel makes it worse?

    Am I the only one here who is against this?
    I'm totally against this, but not cause it's a movie attraction. Disney is a movie studio, that should be accepted. But I expect to see Disney movies take priority. I'd love to see a hard ban on all things Marvel in this park.

  15. #30

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Sigh, another movie attraction addition to Disneyland. The fact that it's Marvel makes it worse?

    Am I the only one here who is against this?
    No you're not. This won't be the last movie tie-in, either.

    As much as I agree that practically anything is better than the "attraction" that is housed in that building now, I wish it wasn't something Marvel related. At least the Pixar/Lucasfilm tie-ins feel like Disney to me. Marvel just doesn't. It seems like something that would be at a Six Flags or Universal theme park which isn't really a bad thing - I just don't really think Disneyland is the right place.

    Then again, I know nothing about anything. So we shall wait and see!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Iron Man Ride for Tomorrowland
    By Freakazoid112 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:59 AM
  2. Iron Man
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. ILM on making a maelstrom for 'Pirates' & 'Iron Man'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM
  4. Marvel suits up Jon Favreau for 'Iron Man'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
  5. Audio Trip Report-Splash Mt.-Haunted Mansion-Monorail Ride Thru-Pirates Update
    By meanderingmouse in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 01:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •