Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

• Down Pluto!

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    It's pretty simple. Just because something is "popular," doesn't mean it's good.
    Honey Boo Boo would not "Holla for a Dolla" in agreement...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Artistic integrity

We are assuming a lot here.

We are assuming a lot of these hurdles will be overcome.

We can also assume they will just ignore certain issues .. and just push this .. all in the name of "marketing".

We can think the future is so "rosy" .... with Carsland ........ But the truth is .... Disney could so easily take the cheap way out on Tomorrowland.

And lets not forget ... Al's latest update ... said ZERO .. about the rest of the beleaguered land.

What his column should be saying - Disney is working on a "uniformed" approach to deal with ALL of Tomorrowland.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    How does Ironman ..... a contemporary Super Hero of the PRESENT ..... make a proper fit for the land??
    Iron Man may be based in the present, but Marvel present does not equal our present, they're decades more advanced in technology than we are, and so is Iron Man's suit, or any of his other technological achievements.

A lot of assumptions are being made in this thread, negative and positive.

Though with the most recent 'movie property' being Cars Land, I'm more inclined to believe they wont half-assed it
    Last edited by Wren; 10-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Also, the "and then something goes wrong" is possible the oldest and most successful story-telling device ever. Peter Pan has it, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Pooh, Jungle Cruise uses it even, Finding Nemo, countless of the most successful movies ever. What differs is the how and what and the solution. But saying it is old and boring is insulting to thousands of years of great story telling.
    That's for movies for though.

For theme park attractions .... there are scores of methods .... to a "plot" line.

And even so..........
    So ... you just endlessly use this plot device .. for every future attraction to come?

You're forgetting .. Tomorrowland needs some attractions that depict a more optimistic, positive approach. In the first place, that's one of the core thematic elements for this land.

• I'm not really here

We are assuming a lot here.

We are assuming a lot of these hurdles will be overcome.
    Yup.

We can also assume they will just ignore certain issues .. and just push this .. all in the name of "marketing".
    Unless you were in on the meetings, you are assuming it is all in the name of marketing.

We can think the future is so "rosy" .... with Carsland ........ But the truth is .... Disney could so easily take the cheap way out on Tomorrowland.
    Either side of the argument is an assumption. But more projects than just Carsland are going on around the world and were not cheaped out on.

And lets not forget ... Al's latest update ... said ZERO .. about the rest of the beleaguered land.
    Because Al knows everything going on within the halls of the company. All their plans, all their ideas, all their conversations are his for the publishing. Yeah... Al's updates are not the final word on Disney doings. To assume otherwise is rather ludicrous.

What his column should be saying - Disney is working on a "uniformed" approach to deal with ALL of Tomorrowland.
    That is actually your view of it and is, obviously, not shared by all. So no, his article should not say that. It should treat it as what it is... a rumor of a project that seems to be moving forward through the process and that will head to Disneyland's Tomorrowland should final approvals be granted. Which, shockingly, is exactly what he said: "But the plans to shutter Innoventions and begin work on an Iron Man themed [...]." Plans. That means not certain.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Iron Man may be based in the present, but Marvel present does not equal our present, they're decades more advanced in technology than we are, and so is Iron Man's suit, or any of his other technological achievements.
    For 4 years now ..and 3 films ........... the "movie" world has firmly established these things .. into our collective "present day" noggin ... Thus ... loosing some ... "Far off reality, into the future" mystique - if you get my meaning.

Now if ... the attraction went FAR BEYOND what we know in the films ... and introduced ideas and concepts NEVER brought up in those films (really take off .. into a far off century - the 25th ... then that's using the imagination.

How do we know imagineering will do that?

Seems what entertainment companies tend to do .. (Universal, Disney) is pretty much just mimic what we already know through the existing films.

I dare Disney to push the imagination ... and go 5 centuries into the future .......

Show us an attraction that goes far beyond what they have in mind for future Marvel films.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

For 4 years now ..and 3 films ........... the "movie" world has firmly established these things .. into our collective "present day" noggin ... Thus ... loosing some ... "Far off reality, into the future" mystique - if you get my meaning.

Now if ... the attraction went FAR BEYOND what we know in the films ... and introduced ideas and concepts NEVER brought up in those films (really take off .. into a far off century - the 25th ... then that's using the imagination.

How do we know imagineering will do that?

Seems what entertainment companies tend to do .. (Universal, Disney) is pretty much just mimic what we already know through the existing films.

I dare Disney to push the imagination ... and go 5 centuries into the future .......

Show us an attraction that goes far beyond what they have in mind for future Marvel films.
    The films, are far off from what we can do in real life, why does it have to feature technology from some arbitrary date, if the technology in their 'present day' is decades ahead of what we have now?

Besides the original tomorrow land was what? The futuristic world of the 1980s? 3 decades? We had rocket to the moon when they actually went to the moon.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

I was kind of hoping Tomorrowland would get a comprehensive redesign and a new master plan, with all the attractions linked to a central theme in some way... not just piecemeal improvements or additions. It just doesn't have the look and feel that it used to have, and there are some things that don't seem to fit at all, such as the big rocks at the entrance, the spinning ball with water on it, the ugly Observatron... I wish they would start working on the land itself as a whole, not just add an attraction every few years.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I was kind of hoping Tomorrowland would get a comprehensive redesign and a new master plan, with all the attractions linked to a central theme in some way... not just piecemeal improvements or additions. It just doesn't have the look and feel that it used to have, and there are some things that don't seem to fit at all, such as the big rocks at the entrance, the spinning ball with water on it, the ugly Observatron... I wish they would start working on the land itself as a whole, not just add an attraction every few years.
    We don't know that there isn't. This is a rumor of a single attraction. That's it. The fact that they haven't announced anything more does not lead us to conclude that there is no master plan or anything else. All we can conclude is that it is likely that this ride is moving towards greenlight and construction.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Honestly, sitting here halfway around the world in Hong Kong, I am so jealous you are going to have an Iron Man attraction. Being the first Marvel ride to appear in Disneyland, I am sure Bob Iger will want to make the right impression and thus ordered a "healthy budget", as Al Lutz said. I am pretty sure WDI will do a decent job.

No I am totally not against Marvel in Disneyland. Okay I don't want to see Spidey holding hands with Snow White, but I don't think the characters will get into each other's way in the way we fear. I don't see Indiana Jones or Luke Skywalker holding hands with Snow White and Belle in the parks today either. Just give them their own space and their own floats during parades and I am fine.

At least Iron Man and his technologies have a lot more to do with Tomorrow than say, Finding Nemo. I have no idea why Finding Nemo is in Tomorrowland.

Marvel characters maybe different from Disney's traditional characters, but at least their hearts are in the right place.

• No Disassemble!

All I'm gonna say about this subject is this: If having Marvel in the parks means that we get something going on the People Mover track again (and there's plenty of track space up there for a friggin load/unload station) then not only will I buy a thousand dollars worth of useless Marvel merchandise on opening day but I will kiss, literally kiss every square foot of the floor of the queue leading up to the vehicle!

Alternately.. if we end up with an Innoventions 2.0 where the highlight of the attraction is where an animatronic Tony Stark tried to convince me that Apple products are "the future.. today". I will rip up my annual pass and accept Universal Studios as my personal lord and savior.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
    • Minion

There should be a poll on this topic... A simple yes I like this idea or No I don't. I would love to see the breakdown on the board.

• Minion

Well then what are they going to do for a third park, if they ever build one, if they are already using Marvel stuff in the current parks?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Well then what are they going to do for a third park, if they ever build one, if they are already using Marvel stuff in the current parks?
    Perhaps this attraction is to test the waters to see if a 3rd gate would work.
    -Dr. Strange

• -

You're forgetting .. Tomorrowland needs some attractions that depict a more optimistic, positive approach. In the first place, that's one of the core thematic elements for this land.
    This attraction should do that nicely.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast