Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• -

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    DLR has lost its sense of what "tomorrow" should be.

NOTHING they have done other than Star Tours II has brought Tomorrowland back to its former self.

Why not let Marvel have a crack at it. They've always had one foot in the future
    Exactly. Especially since this character in particular is all about promoting clean, renewable energy. That is completely in line with theme of the land, a brighter better tomorrow.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Sigh, another movie attraction addition to Disneyland. The fact that it's Marvel makes it worse?

Am I the only one here who is against this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    No. Count me in on counting me out! Marvel doesn't belong at DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    I actually really like a lot of Marvel stuff, but Spiderman and The Hulk next to Mickey, Goofy, and other classic Disney characters? Not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    I hope for the most part this rumor is true, EXCEPT the Iron Man part.

Sorry Disney but Iron Man's character and personailty does not fit Disney. Not to offend anyone, but Iron Man is Arrogant Schmuck Superhero, and is not somthing that represents Disney at all.

A better fit would be a TRON Light Cycle Experience on the Grid or something. It would be a much better fit for Tomorrow land.
    Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    I love (and I mean LOVE) Iron Man, but I am not happy about this at all. Marvel and Disney should be kept separate. The two brands don't really mesh well together, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I'm totally against this, but not cause it's a movie attraction. Disney is a movie studio, that should be accepted. But I expect to see Disney movies take priority. I'd love to see a hard ban on all things Marvel in this park.
    Add my voice to the list. No. Just No.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Non-Minion

I'm totally against this, but not cause it's a movie attraction. Disney is a movie studio, that should be accepted. But I expect to see Disney movies take priority. I'd love to see a hard ban on all things Marvel in this park.
    a hard ban? really?

wow...
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Circle of Ancients

Marvel IS Disney. It's time people come to terms with that.

Although, I like the Marvel heroes, I would hope that they could have up with something original for Tommorowland. It seems like DL has lost some creativity by just picking up on a movie franchise. But it seem like Tommorowland has always has been the place to stick something non-disney into. Yes, I know Indy is not Disney but it blends very well in Adventureland. Marvel should be its own park and not something to shoehorn into DL.

• -

But I expect to see Disney movies take priority.
    These are Disney movies. It says so at the end of Avengers, unless they are lying to us.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    I actually really like a lot of Marvel stuff, but Spiderman and The Hulk next to Mickey, Goofy, and other classic Disney characters? Not so much.
    So Darth Vader and Stormtroopers and Henry Jones Jr are somehow okay to be next to classic Disney characters?

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Sorry Disney but Iron Man's character and personailty does not fit Disney. Not to offend anyone, but Iron Man is Arrogant Schmuck Superhero, and is not somthing that represents Disney at all.
    I refer you to a post I wrote here over a year ago on this subject, now hosted elsewhere: Remain Seated Please: Tomorrow is Stark's Today

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    No you're not. This won't be the last movie tie-in, either.

As much as I agree that practically anything is better than the "attraction" that is housed in that building now, I wish it wasn't something Marvel related. At least the Pixar/Lucasfilm tie-ins feel like Disney to me. Marvel just doesn't. It seems like something that would be at a Six Flags or Universal theme park which isn't really a bad thing - I just don't really think Disneyland is the right place.

Then again, I know nothing about anything. So we shall wait and see!
    I don't see the difference AT ALL between the Star Wars Universe or the Marvel one. Both have movies, cartoons, comic books and merchandise geared towards the same demographic. The Clone Wars show on Cartoon Network is amazing and not really geared towards the younger generation at all.

the ONLY and I stress ONLY reason why people associate Marvel with thrill rides is because Universal killed the brand and pigeon-holed it as a cheap roller-coaster type genre; but there is SOOOOOOOOO much more you can do with what Marvel has.

and as a side note, Disney does NOT own anything Lucasfilm related, and yet is widely accepted as "Disney" whereas Disney now owns Marvel and yet still fights to be recognized as a part of the family....oh irony...
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Circle of Ancients

Marvel is MORE Disney than Star Tours or Indy or even Roger Rabbit.

I disagree, just because Disney bought Marvel does not make it Disney. Just ask a ten year old to name all the Disney characters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy not Iron Man or Hulk. Marvel is Marvel NOT Disney. I enjoy Marvel, but it deserves its own Park.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

So why should an Iron Man attraction not be allowed in Tomorrowland? All I hear are no's, but no reason why not?

Whereas those of us that think its a good idea have offered reasons why?

Is it because you don't want "Marvel in mah Disney!"? Do you feel its not thematically appropriate? (if not then why?)

Honestly not understanding why its ok for Pixar (Same as Marvel, bought by Disney) or Star Wars or Indiana Jones, but not Marvel?

Again Disney has never shy'd away from using other properties, Zorro, Davey Crocket, etc.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

I don't think this is any worse then having Star Wars in the parks. Just my opinion.
    Jeff Wayne

• -

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    I disagree, just because Disney bought Marvel does not make it Disney.
    Actually it does make it Disney. If I bought a new car, that makes it my car. That is how buying and selling works.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I don't see the difference AT ALL between the Star Wars Universe or the Marvel one. Both have movies, cartoons, comic books and merchandise geared towards the same demographic. The Clone Wars show on Cartoon Network is amazing and not really geared towards the younger generation at all.

the ONLY and I stress ONLY reason why people associate Marvel with thrill rides is because Universal killed the brand and pigeon-holed it as a cheap roller-coaster type genre; but there is SOOOOOOOOO much more you can do with what Marvel has.

and as a side note, Disney does NOT own anything Lucasfilm related, and yet is widely accepted as "Disney" whereas Disney now owns Marvel and yet still fights to be recognized as a part of the family....oh irony...
    All I am saying is that I think of an "Iron Man thrill ride" and I think of something that should be at a Six Flags park. Again, not a bad thing - I just don't see it being on Disney's level. And I am sure they will prove me wrong and make something great. I am not really even super against it, I just wish it would have been something original because that is always what I am hoping for.

I've completely accepted that Marvel is Disney and Disney is Marvel. Also I am aware that Disney does not own LucasFilm, maybe I was wrong in using that reference, but my childhood was Star Tours and IJA so to me that feels like Disney.

If this is what is going to push Tomorrowland forward and begin to make it what it needs to be, I am behind it.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think a Iron Man could become a crown jewel of a Tomorrowland renovation. If they gave Buzz Lightyear a new theme (maybe Wall-E or just a plain space alien theme), gave a major upgrade to Autopia, finally overhauled Pizza Port, updated the rilroad station, covered the Space Mountain queue, and replaced Captain EO with an Avatar film, I'd be happy. I believe that these can be really great additions to the land. Also, if they gave a new, modern color scheme with LED lights and video screens everywhere which adds kinetic energy to the main parts of the land, I'd be super happy.

Heck, I'm fine with the submarines too. Just add it as part of Fantasyland. Move the queue over to the Motor Boat Cruise area, therefore, make some basic changes to the ride's layout and queue, and everything could be perfect. This could help with an expansion of the queue for either Autopia or the Monorail.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast