Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 520272829303132 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 467
  1. #436

    • Hot FIRE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    268

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I wouldn't say that the Temple of the Forbidden Eye is entirely "flash" and "bang". It has a solid story that the ride's "flash" and "bang" serve to enhance and create a spirit of adventure brilliantly fits into the land. Some purists would still disagree that Indy belongs in Disneyland, but in my opinion, the way it was executed beautifully compliments Adventureland. If an Iron Man attraction is executed in a similar fashion, I won't complain. However, I fear that it will rely almost entirely on "flash and bang" and will lack a story that enhances the futuristic theme of the land.
    of course you wouldn't say because like everything else that is part of the argument, We're basing things off of what exists and what in theory could work...but everyone here is just so negative about it. No Indy's story for the attraction is Don't look into the eyes of the Idol-Oops we all did and then is FLASH/BANG we're off going through set parts of the Indy series complete with edited pieces of the soundtrack from said movies put in. I can see where many are coming from in terms of cynical viewpoints based on past failure (especially in Tomorrowland) but I do believe Ironman can work!

    ...As I see it

  2. #437

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,651

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    this is an endless.. and pointless argument.

    Those that oppose Marvel oppose it.. you can't reason with it. I mean, these guys carried a comic format for decades with nothing but ink and paper.. can't you tell there is no story there?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  3. #438

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    If Hoth were a real place, I live there.
    Posts
    387

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    In my thinking at least, I make a distinction between something being a "Disney property" or being classically Disney. The Peter Pan of J.M. Barrie and the Peter Pan of Walt Disney are two somewhat different creations. Disney took a property from literature and adapted it for their own purposes. In so doing, they created something that is definitely a Disney work. Now, I don't see that with either their Marvel or Muppets properties. To me at least, I really don't see anything different with pre or post Disney-aquisition Marvel or Muppets aside from the theme park presence. Would anyone think of the 1924 Paramount film version of Peter Pan as being "Disney"? Disney aquired the rights to that film version from Paramount in 1939 as they started work on the animated version (and the animators did look at the silent version quite a bit for reference). My point is that there is a difference between something being a Disney property (like Marvel, Muppets, and the 1924 Peter Pan) and something being a distinct Disney work (like Disney's adaptation of Peter Pan). Just my opinion. I'm sure there are some holes in it.
    Now, while I'm not wild about the idea of an Iron Man attraction (I would prefer to see a non-movie based attraction too), I don't think it's the worse thing that could happen. I personally hope that the attraction has more of an emphasis on technology rather than heros vs. villains.
    You left out Pixar, another Disney "property".

  4. #439

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,129

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    And the fact that Indy fits in the whole grand scheme, time, and feel of Adventureland makes no sense to you? Whereas Iron Man, if it is just a whiz bang hero/villain mash up that doesn't focus on futuristic technology that will help and enhance mankind in the future does make sense to you in Tomorrowland?
    Tomorrowland, where Walt Disney described it as such in his own words:"Tomorrow can be a wonderful age. Our scientists today are opening the doors of the Space Age to achievements that will benefit our children and generations to come. The Tomorrowland attractions have been designed to give you an opportunity to participate in adventures that are a living blueprint of our future." How does battling some demented super villain "benefit our children and generations to come"? If that's your idea of a future you can keep it.

    ---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 03:28 AM ----------



    I see no evidence of gatheringrosebuds "complaining" about Iron Man's backstory in that he was no choir boy, where are you getting that?
    How does avoiding boulders and poisonous snakes help study ancient historical artifacts?

    Why the double standard? Indy is the same thing that you're railing against with an Iron Man ride but praising just because its Indiana Jones.

    There is no backstory other than what people already know from his other properties, there isnt really a coherent ride story other than "3 shrines but dont look into the eyes...you looked into the eyes..."

    Where as Indy is a whiz/bang faceless 'archeologist' who doesnt do much archeology, just fighting Nazis and dodging explosions.

    You see how your argument about Iron Man can be turned right back onto Indy right?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  5. #440

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    How does avoiding boulders and poisonous snakes help study ancient historical artifacts?

    Why the double standard? Indy is the same thing that you're railing against with an Iron Man ride but praising just because its Indiana Jones.

    There is no backstory other than what people already know from his other properties, there isnt really a coherent ride story other than "3 shrines but dont look into the eyes...you looked into the eyes..."

    Where as Indy is a whiz/bang faceless 'archeologist' who doesnt do much archeology, just fighting Nazis and dodging explosions.

    You see how your argument about Iron Man can be turned right back onto Indy right?
    Let's see, Adventureland is supposed to be in far off exotic locales set in the '30's where ADVENTURE is the theme. Indy FITS the land.

    Tomorrowland is supposed to be a look into what could be in the future, how does a superhero getting into a skirmish with a megalomaniac villain fit in with that? And yes, that includes Nemo, Buzz, ST.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  6. #441

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,129

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Let's see, Adventureland is supposed to be in far off exotic locales set in the '30's where ADVENTURE is the theme. Indy FITS the land.

    Tomorrowland is supposed to be a look into what could be in the future, how does a superhero getting into a skirmish with a megalomaniac villain fit in with that? And yes, that includes Nemo, Buzz, ST.

    You're aware that Adventureland was rethemed to the 30's for Indiana Jones right?

    And robotic exoskeletons are in the future

    Exoskeleton for Resistive Exercise and Rehabilitation WWW.GOODNEWS.WS - YouTube

    Again hes much more relevant than a toy spaceman or a lost fish.

    Again Iron Man FITS the land, or do you see Artificial Inteligences, powered flying armor and free clean renewable energy where you live? If so could you send me some?

    Flynnibus is right though, this is pointless
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  7. #442

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    94

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    How does IronMan not fit the theme when all the technology he uses is furturistic?

  8. #443

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    You're aware that Adventureland was rethemed to the 30's for Indiana Jones right?

    And robotic exoskeletons are in the future

    Exoskeleton for Resistive Exercise and Rehabilitation WWW.GOODNEWS.WS - YouTube

    Again hes much more relevant than a toy spaceman or a lost fish.

    Again Iron Man FITS the land, or do you see Artificial Inteligences, powered flying armor and free clean renewable energy where you live? If so could you send me some?

    Flynnibus is right though, this is pointless
    If you had actually read through my posts you would see that I am all for the futuristic aspects of Tony Stark, just not some superhero/villain mash up. Sheesh.....

    I also mentioned the toy spaceman and the lost fish as not being relevant to Tomorrowland as well or did you miss that as well?:
    how does a superhero getting into a skirmish with a megalomaniac villain fit in with that? And yes, that includes Nemo, Buzz, ST
    It does become pointless when some don't actually read through the posts and think their way is the highway when there are other opinions just as valid as theirs.......
    Last edited by Disneymike; 10-30-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  9. #444

    • Hello Dolly.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    992

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    How does IronMan not fit the theme when all the technology he uses is furturistic?
    Because he's marvel & I don't like it...


    I once again will state Iron Man fits wonderfully into the land & I'm not going to let my tiredness of movie properties turn away a potentially incredible ride that fits the theme of it's surroundings. But I do believe those who don't want to believe will be pleasantly surprised by the ride once it's opened. It's Disney's first Marvel ride & I know they are not going to want to start off with a ride that has a bad rep.

  10. #445

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,129

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    If you had actually read through my posts you would see that I am all for the futuristic aspects of Tony Stark, just not some superhero/villain mash up. Sheesh.....

    I also mentioned the toy spaceman and the lost fish as not being relevant to Tomorrowland as well or did you miss that as well?:


    It does become pointless when some don't actually read through the posts and think their way is the highway when there are other opinions just as valid as theirs.......

    Because you're not arguing any of those, you never have within this thread, you're only arging the superhero action aspect of his character. You're stuck on some sort of mindset that its going to be a Six Flags coaster with an Iron Man poster slapped on it, or a Universal Michael bay ride through explosion city.

    While arguing the merits of a similar property (Indiana Jones).

    All we've been trying to argue for is that if done right Iron Man could fit better than most attractions added Tomorrowland added within the last couple of decades, but the only other 'superhero' properties anyone has to compare to is Universal and Six Flags, of which Disney rarely has anything in common with Six Flags, and I seem to remember Praise for at least the Spiderman ride at Universal
    Last edited by Wren; 10-30-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  11. #446

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    And the fact that Indy fits in the whole grand scheme, time, and feel of Adventureland makes no sense to you? Whereas Iron Man, if it is just a whiz bang hero/villain mash up that doesn't focus on futuristic technology that will help and enhance mankind in the future does make sense to you in Tomorrowland?
    Tomorrowland, where Walt Disney described it as such in his own words:"Tomorrow can be a wonderful age. Our scientists today are opening the doors of the Space Age to achievements that will benefit our children and generations to come. The Tomorrowland attractions have been designed to give you an opportunity to participate in adventures that are a living blueprint of our future." How does battling some demented super villain "benefit our children and generations to come"? If that's your idea of a future you can keep it.

    ---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 03:28 AM ----------



    I see no evidence of gatheringrosebuds "complaining" about Iron Man's backstory in that he was no choir boy, where are you getting that?
    I wasn't directly arguing anything gatheringrosebuds stated, I was just making an overall statement based on his/her quote. If gatheringrosebuds took this the wrong way, I apologize

    But the point still stands...I've been skimming through and see many posters complaining about Iron Man's alcoholism and violence when Indiana Jones is no role model any more than Iron Man. In fact, Temple of Doom should have been rated R...it led to the PG-13 rating. How is that appropriate? His movies are some of the most violent there are.

    And all rides are flash and bang. Who wants to sit through a ride when nothing flashes or bangs, that would be boring! Iron Man is futuristic because, well, he promotes clean energy, advanced technology, and is the head of the Stark Expo, which like the New York World's Fair that Disney himself was a part of is a showcase of the future. He embodies most of Tomorrowland's themes to a tee. So I really don't see how he doesn't fit any more than any other property at Disneyland. You can't argue that he's not appropriate for children, and you can't argue that he doesn't fit with tomorrow. But those are the only criticisms I'm gathering from this thread so far.

  12. #447

    • Sorcerer Supreme Bean
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,129

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I wasn't directly arguing anything gatheringrosebuds stated, I was just making an overall statement based on his/her quote. If gatheringrosebuds took this the wrong way, I apologize

    But the point still stands...I've been skimming through and see many posters complaining about Iron Man's alcoholism and violence when Indiana Jones is no role model any more than Iron Man. In fact, Temple of Doom should have been rated R...it led to the PG-13 rating. How is that appropriate? His movies are some of the most violent there are.

    And all rides are flash and bang. Who wants to sit through a ride when nothing flashes or bangs, that would be boring! Iron Man is futuristic because, well, he promotes clean energy, advanced technology, and is the head of the Stark Expo, which like the New York World's Fair that Disney himself was a part of is a showcase of the future. He embodies most of Tomorrowland's themes to a tee. So I really don't see how he doesn't fit any more than any other property at Disneyland. You can't argue that he's not appropriate for children, and you can't argue that he doesn't fit with tomorrow. But those are the only criticisms I'm gathering from this thread so far.

    Exactly
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

  13. #448

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    So, wren and tylerdurden, if Disney goes and makes a superhero/villain mash up with all the bells and whistles and does not focus on futuristic technology and ways to better the world, you two are ok with that?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  14. #449

    • Hello Dolly.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    992

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    So, wren and tylerdurden, if Disney goes and makes a superhero/villain mash up with all the bells and whistles and does not focus on futuristic technology and ways to better the world, you two are ok with that?
    Who would?

    But why have low doubts in Disney? After Carsland, I'm sure Disney knows they have to do something right if they want it to really pay off. RSR itself was different for not following the typical "something went wrong" formula & ended up being really successful. Just something to consider.

  15. #450

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    So, wren and tylerdurden, if Disney goes and makes a superhero/villain mash up with all the bells and whistles and does not focus on futuristic technology and ways to better the world, you two are ok with that?
    Yeah, it's a theme park ride.


Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Iron Man Ride for Tomorrowland
    By Freakazoid112 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:59 AM
  2. Iron Man
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
  3. ILM on making a maelstrom for 'Pirates' & 'Iron Man'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM
  4. Marvel suits up Jon Favreau for 'Iron Man'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
  5. Audio Trip Report-Splash Mt.-Haunted Mansion-Monorail Ride Thru-Pirates Update
    By meanderingmouse in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 01:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •