Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212829303132 LastLast

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Yeah, it's a theme park ride.
    Exactly! As long as it is an exciting, well themed attraction, I couldn't possibly care less. A well built and perfectly executed attraction is all that matters. And as others have said; let's be glad for the fact that Innoventions is going away!
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    So, wren and tylerdurden, if Disney goes and makes a superhero/villain mash up with all the bells and whistles and does not focus on futuristic technology and ways to better the world, you two are ok with that?
    To make a great ride, it should not be one or the other. It needs to be a delicate balance of the two. It should focus on the technological breakthroughs of Stark Industries and provide a little insight into what Man can achieve through technology in the coming years.

However, I think it would be somewhat remissed for not having the attraction climax with a battle between Iron Man and some opponent (MODOK and AIM would be perfect for Tomorrowland).
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

So, wren and tylerdurden, if Disney goes and makes a superhero/villain mash up with all the bells and whistles and does not focus on futuristic technology and ways to better the world, you two are ok with that?
    The real question is, "Would it be better than Innoventions?" To which I would say "Most likely"

Though judging how Cars Land went, and how the WDW Fantasyland Makeover is going, and Disney wanting to avoid DCA 1.0 again, I have faith in this new ride.

Giant head man would scare the kids calsig
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    To make a great ride, it should not be one or the other. It needs to be a delicate balance of the two. It should focus on the technological breakthroughs of Stark Industries and provide a little insight into what Man can achieve through technology in the coming years.

However, I think it would be somewhat remissed for not having the attraction climax with a battle between Iron Man and some opponent (MODOK and AIM would be perfect for Tomorrowland).
    I totally agree with what you said in bold but it appears that some don't really care.

---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    The real question is, "Would it be better than Innoventions?" To which I would say "Most likely"

Though judging how Cars Land went, and how the WDW Fantasyland Makeover is going, and Disney wanting to avoid DCA 1.0 again, I have faith in this new ride.

Giant head man would scare the kids calsig
    I don't get where everybody is getting the notion that some of us want Innoventions to stick around, I can't stand that place myself.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Well, I would not be ok with a ride that just explains how the arc reactor works and how Iron Man's futuristic technology works...might as well keep Innoventions if that were to be the case

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    You left out Pixar, another Disney "property".
    Actually, I'm not sure how I would classify Pixar. They were their own separate entity prior to 2006, but they had clearly collaborated with Disney to make films that you would be insane to say were not "Disney" in nature. The "hole" in my argument I guess.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

So Disneymike

Now that Disney is buying LucasFilm and IJA and Star Tours are now basicaly what an Iron Man attraction would be....what say you?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Hello Dolly.

So Disneymike

Now that Disney is buying LucasFilm and IJA and Star Tours are now basicaly what an Iron Man attraction would be....what say you?

• "I don't like the color"

So Disneymike

So ends Disneyland as we knew it.....
    Some of you can gloat all you want, just shows the make up of some.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• -

So ends Disneyland as we knew it.....
    Once again we agree with each other.

So ends the era of talking fish and toy spacemen in Tomorrowland. On to the era where attractions actually fit the theme. Isn’t it nice to agree?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Once again we agree with each other.

So ends the era of talking fish and toy spacemen in Tomorrowland. On to the era where attractions actually fit the theme. Isn’t it nice to agree?
    I'll agree to that
    -Dr. Strange

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world"

• Long live the Fire Lord

How much imagination are they using to just cram in whatever existing property they have?
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I wasn't directly arguing anything gatheringrosebuds stated, I was just making an overall statement based on his/her quote. If gatheringrosebuds took this the wrong way, I apologize
    No worries. I knew you were talking about previous arguments. It's kind of hard to reply to one person's specific argument when it ties in with many other comments and concerns from other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    And all rides are flash and bang. Who wants to sit through a ride when nothing flashes or bangs, that would be boring! Iron Man is futuristic because, well, he promotes clean energy, advanced technology, and is the head of the Stark Expo, which like the New York World's Fair that Disney himself was a part of is a showcase of the future. He embodies most of Tomorrowland's themes to a tee. So I really don't see how he doesn't fit any more than any other property at Disneyland. You can't argue that he's not appropriate for children, and you can't argue that he doesn't fit with tomorrow. But those are the only criticisms I'm gathering from this thread so far.
    I don't necessarily have a problem with flash and bang. I have a problem when they aren't used properly. Theme/story first, flash and bang second.

I completely agree with this. I'm not against having an Iron Man attraction in Tomorrowland. You and several others have done a beautiful job at explaining why it could fit into the land. Looking at the potential of the ride and what it could bring to the theme of Tomorrowland is really exciting. I'm just hoping that the final product lives up to that potential.

• failure for lunch

The real question is, "Would it be better than Innoventions?"
    Why would that be the real question??!??!

Talk about setting your standards low....
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212829303132 LastLast