Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

When they say "Iron Man Thrill Ride" it's not like they are going to just put some off-the-shelf flat ride and theme it to Iron Man. At least that's not my impression.

This has been discussed as an E-Ticket attraction. For Disney, a "Thrill Ride" is something like Indy, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, RSR, Tower of Terror. Not a 500 foot, 12 inversion coaster.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    All I am saying is that I think of an "Iron Man thrill ride" and I think of something that should be at a Six Flags park. Again, not a bad thing - I just don't see it being on Disney's level. And I am sure they will prove me wrong and make something great. I am not really even super against it, I just wish it would have been something original because that is always what I am hoping for.

I've completely accepted that Marvel is Disney and Disney is Marvel. Also I am aware that Disney does not own LucasFilm, maybe I was wrong in using that reference, but my childhood was Star Tours and IJA so to me that feels like Disney.

If this is what is going to push Tomorrowland forward and begin to make it what it needs to be, I am behind it.
    I couldn't agree more with that statement, and now as Marvel starts to make its way into the parks the kids of today will grow up and see it the same exact way we saw Star Wars amd IJA.

And thats my feeling on it too, I just want to see Tomorrowland pushed into being what it once was or even better.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I think I am more disturbed with the possible up charge for tickets at Christmas and most of the resort Christmas offerings only for the private parties for an additional cost. Judging by several posts now, the Halloween parties are overcrowded and people are left feeling let down. Imagine what the Christmas parties will be like?

Now I always try to enjoy myself whenever we visit the parks no matter what. But really, it is getting harder and harder to see past the outstretched hands patting me down for my wallet when I do. Kind of reminds me of when the fast pass system was implemented and the standard lines were renamed to Stand By. In most of the world Stand By is a step below, a second class arena if you will. At least with the Fast Passes, everyone has a shot at making First Class.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I couldn't agree more with that statement, and now as Marvel starts to make its way into the parks the kids of today will grow up and see it the same exact way we saw Star Wars amd IJA.

And thats my feeling on it too, I just want to see Tomorrowland pushed into being what it once was or even better.
    Name:  I-know-that-feel-bro_zps265e9300.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  25.3 KB

I am imagining they will be making an experience where the guests get to wear the Iron Man suit. That is the only thing that would impress me.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Add my voice to the list. No. Just No.
    Add my name to the list as well. Why can't Disney put something original there instead of another movie tie-in?
    Disneyland is going to start smelling like Universal before long.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    I think I am more disturbed with the possible up charge for tickets at Christmas and most of the resort Christmas offerings only for the private parties for an additional cost. Judging by several posts now, the Halloween parties are overcrowded and people are left feeling let down. Imagine what the Christmas parties will be like?

Now I always try to enjoy myself whenever we visit the parks no matter what. But really, it is getting harder and harder to see past the outstretched hands patting me down for my wallet when I do. Kind of reminds me of when the fast pass system was implemented and the standard lines were renamed to Stand By. In most of the world Stand By is a step below, a second class arena if you will. At least with the Fast Passes, everyone has a shot at making First Class.
    Just remember, there is no inflation! The government says so!

Question: Are those of you who are against Marvel coming into the parks for or against Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises coming in?

BTW, I should note that I'm against seemingly mandatory movie tie-ins for rides in the Disney Parks, but I'm kind of a hypocrite in a sense that I love IJA and ST. Maybe it is all the "Pixar-ing" of the parks.
    Last edited by monster heck; 10-16-2012 at 10:32 AM.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Add my name to the list as well. Why can't Disney put something original there instead of another movie tie-in?

Because Disney has proven that they can't come up with anything original anymore.

Disney is NOTHING like Universal, adding a Disney owned license to the Disney Parks? Yeah, I don't see where you're coming from
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Disneyland was built on movie tie ins? Why was it ok then, but not ok now?

And Universal is a movie studio, what would they do if not but add movie tie ins? Its expected of them.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Because Disney has proven that they can't come up with anything original anymore.

Disney is NOTHING like Universal, adding a Disney owned license to the Disney Parks? Yeah, I don't see where you're coming from
    Hmm, lets see, Spiderman ride=Universal. Hulk ride=Universal. Dr Doom ride=Universal. Yeah, I don't see where I'm coming from either.

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Disneyland was built on movie tie ins? Why was it ok then, but not ok now?

And Universal is a movie studio, what would they do if not but add movie tie ins? Its expected of them.
    Yes, I expect Universal to add movie tie-ins, but Disney is going way overboard with them.

• Shubisha

Disney is rumored to be replacing *Innoventions* with an *E-ticket attraction* and some online fans are pissed. Oh that's rich. They could theme it to Dora the Explorer or Bugs Bunny for all I care.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Yes, I expect Universal to add movie tie-ins, but Disney is going way overboard with them.
    Considering Sleeping Beauty's Castle was an advertisement for a movie not yet released, I fail to see that its 'going overboard'
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Considering Sleeping Beauty's Castle was an advertisement for a movie not yet released, I fail to see that its 'going overboard'
    A castle that was built in 1955. I am talking about the now.

• Circle of Ancients

There have ALWAYS been movie tie-in's and rides based on movies at Disneyland.

Surprisingly everybody always gives EPCOT grief for their rides, etc ... but other than Nemo there are no rides based on movies. And as far as Nemo, the interaction with an actual aquarium elevates that attraction immensely.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast