Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

• Non-Minion

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I don't doubt Disney could make a great ride but how about the Original ride team bringing it?
    Unfortunately as I've stated before, the Disney team has proven that they can't create anything original anymore. Nor do they want to do anything "too educational" because kids today don't have the attention span they used to.

I relate it to the movie industry...Other than the Independant genre, major motion picture companies are doing nothing but remakes of old tv shows and movies. There is a very big lack of imagination and risk-taking these days and with an economy like ours then how could you blame them.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

•   
    • Minion

I think this is great news!! I can't wait to see what they do with this idea. Iron Man? Stark Industries are all about a vision of tomorrow. Please anyone who hasn't seen the way Tony Starks dad delivers his vision go watch it. He delivers it in a Walt Disney like way it's awesome.

The queue could be amazing showing you all the gadgets that Stark Industries are working on. Not just weapons either but items that make all of our lives better. Kind of like the carousel of progress. Of course the story of the attraction would be a villain stealing the technology and Iron Man recruits the guests to help him some how. There would be flying involved somehow and speed probably. This has a lot of potential so I am not sure why anyone would be against it.

Star Wars and Indiana Jones seem to be ok. There is no difference in them versus marvel except that Marvel is Disney now. If RsR is any indication of the level of details we might get in a Iron Man Attraction I am really excited.

• Monorail Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    No. Count me in on counting me out! Marvel doesn't belong at DL.

Why doesn't it? Starwars isn't owned by Disney yet it fits and fits very well. Indiana Jones isn't owned by Disney, Tarzan isn't owned by Disney. Marvel is owned by Disney, so why not place it in the parks?

• I'm not really here

Yep. Tell me what the expansion of 1959 brought that was a movie tie-in? How about the Tomorrowland of 1967?
    1959 = Matterhorn, inspired by Walt's work on Third Man on the Mountain film.
    1967 = Adventures Thru Inner Space, based on the Disneyland TV episode "Our Friend the Atom"

Point being that while there have been original ideas and additions, quite a bit of the parks, far more than most people either realize or care to admit, was inspired by or based on either tv or film properties.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• -

Just like those pesky Princess Fantasy Faire folks, right?
    Well, we can't win them all, but cheer up. At least you and I are getting the Marvel attraction that we are hoping for. Let's not dwell on black spot on themeing that is happening to Main Street. You and I are getting our way and having Iron Man.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Monorail Junkie

[QUOTE=Erik Olson;1056852893]

As much as I like some of the attractions associated with Lucas, I can't help but feel like they are hostile, obnoxious intruders in the context of Disneyland Park or Magic Kingdom. Like booze, I could care less if these are at DHS or DCA or AK or Epcot... but the Disneyland of my youth (1970 - 1985) should not have these outside franchises encroaching on my nostalgia or the purity of Walt Disney's vision for Disneyland, in particular."

Why should Disneyland remain nostalgic? It is not a museum, no was it ever intended to be. I to have great memories of Disneyland's past and have the pictures, memoralbilia and memories to go with it. But I am excited for the changes and look forward to them. I would not want to go to the parks if it was the same since my youth.

• former CM

How about Ironman's Circlevision Tour of Earth in 3D? I'm serious. It's original: for the first time ever a superhero doesn't save the planet, but just has a great time flying all over it. He could deliver the Small World message in the coolest most dramatic way imaginable.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by l0nepinemall View Post
    I love (and I mean LOVE) Iron Man, but I am not happy about this at all. Marvel and Disney should be kept separate. The two brands don't really mesh well together, in my opinion.
    They mesh perfectly:
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland Nut

I'm actually happy about the Iron Man addition. Innoventions is really outdated and boring. They've needed something new there to bring in the crowds for some time.

Integrating the Marvel connection makes total sense to me.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Am I the only one here who is against this?
    No.

• former CM

You're right, Calsig31!

I guess only a few of us see the irony in using Stark Industries, which (at least in the films), is clearly modeled on the World's Fair, Disney and other jet-age businesses, for creative inspiration in Tomorrowland? I mean, people are citing the likeness between Howard Stark and Disney? We already have a Walt Disney and he is the actual Walt Disney. Not a caricature of Walt Disney. So, those are my thoughts on Stark Expo.

There are universal complaints about the stagnation of Innoventions and Tomorrowland in general, yet the remedy is the installation of a homage to Tomorrowland?!

Disney merging itself into, absorbing and aquiring better IP than what they can ostensibly produce internally isn't the best answer for Disney, who should be cultivating talent and innovating from within. They are quickly becoming a holding company - with assets gathered from disparate sources that are then exploited and treated as commodities.

Decentralization toward utilizing or purchasing services from outside vendors - on everything from filmed entertainment properties to show design and animatronics - dilutes the Disney brand and their capacity for accomplishing anything without having to stroke a contract to true creatives and innovators to make it happen.
    ~ Erik

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    I guess only a few of us see the irony in using Stark Industries, which (at least in the films), is clearly modeled on the World's Fair, Disney and other jet-age businesses, for creative inspiration in Tomorrowland? I mean, people are citing the likeness between Howard Stark and Disney? We already have a Walt Disney and he is the actual Walt Disney. Not a caricature of Walt Disney. So, those are my thoughts on Stark Expo.
    Really? He hasn't been dead for 46 years? How did I miss this news?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I have such little faith in Tomorrowland, I expect nothing. I guess seeing that area of Disneyland in the 70s and 80s, gave me high expectations. Creativity be damned, may as well carbon copy Transformers and just have Tony Stark videos with a Robert Downey Jr, voice over.

No part of the park is safe from the Disney Marketing steamroller to piss on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Am I the only one here who is against this?

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast