Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Well I am glad to see all those people saying they wont be going on Ironman...cause if you really dislike like it that much...I don't want to see one of your riding it...make the line shorter for us who will enjoy the ride for what it is....Ironman over Star Wars makes sense for Tomorrowland since its a guy in a suit that has a guns in it, a jetpack and super strength all of which one day be used in the battle field

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

You're right, Calsig31!
    ROFLMAF! Glad I'm not at work ....

Count me in as someone that recognises Disney's inability to create anything original and therefore accepts the possibility that maybe an IronMan-themed ride might just be a really good thing (especially if it means disposing of Innoventions).

I can only hope that those of you that are dead set against it are willing to vote with your feet by not standing in line (single rider, standby, fastpass, Next-Gen, or whatever they call it) It seems ironic though that such a "referendum by the people" might actually kill the chance that the third gate would be Marvel themed, which might increase the chance of further "intrusion" by Marvel into the existing parks.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Wow it's been awhile lol anyways I'm on the fence about this one I'm happy to see Disney moving somewhere with tomorrowland but marvel well it's not the worst idea! The company has acquired marvel in 2009 and has done nothing with making over a billion dollars off one film they had to do it. I feel that marvel being Disney now is the best thing that could happen to the parks look what star wars has done no one complains about that. Marvel is just another way for Disney to attract the male guest back to its parks. And for those saying it had a universal feel well then they haven't been to cars land cause Disney is not universal.
    follow me on twitter mrhankyjr

• AKA - DisneyChris

Walt Disney's original vision - meet coffin... coffin meet nail....

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well I am glad to see all those people saying they wont be going on Ironman...cause if you really dislike like it that much...I don't want to see one of your riding it...make the line shorter for us who will enjoy the ride for what it is....Ironman over Star Wars makes sense for Tomorrowland since its a guy in a suit that has a guns in it, a jetpack and super strength all of which one day be used in the battle field
    This will NEVER happen. I guarantee if you go back 3 years people were saying the same thing about CarsLand.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    That happened to Tomorrowland a long time ago

I would say around.......1998
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post

Exactly! If anything, this will help align Tomorrowland more with Walt's original vision.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This will NEVER happen. I guarantee if you go back 3 years people were saying the same thing about CarsLand.
    I know...that;s why I said it....because people on on here to say how Disney is making a mistake with anything that is not an Original ride then we have new Classic's like Indy, ToT and Racers that they go on 1,000 times but say they suck just because they tie into something

Also people want an Original ride..Soarin 2.0 is coming THERE it is people

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post

Could not have said it better myself!

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

I personally perfer an original attraction in Innovention's place. Iron Man will definitely be a million times better than what's there now! Iron Man actually fits TL better than Nemo and Toy Story. Anyways, I'm being optimistic about this.

• Hot FIRE!

I look forward to this attraction and will gladly volunteer for its future opening crew! People can be against it for all they care because disney is already going to move forward with this. At least we finally get rid of Innoventions. I think everyone can agree that we're beyond done with that.

...as I see it

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Exactly. Especially since this character in particular is all about promoting clean, renewable energy. That is completely in line with theme of the land, a brighter better tomorrow.

Tony Stark isn't just all about promoting clean, renewable energy...

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    All of Fantasyland's movie tie in dark rides were built at the prime of the park, but I don't recall people saying it was 'going overboard' then

Why does it matter now if it didn't matter then?
    Not only that, the majority of the properties that everyone thinks of as Disney are adaptations of existing stories or were licensed intellectual property. The actual number of beloved "Disney" stories that are not based on a previous work is quite small.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Not only that, the majority of the properties that everyone thinks of as Disney are adaptations of existing stories or were licensed intellectual property. The actual number of beloved "Disney" stories that are not based on a previous work is quite small.
    This is a GREAT point. In fact, if you look at all of the movie-related attractions based on a Disney movie, they were ALL non-original origin stories. Remember, the first "Disney" animated film that was a 100% complete original story was Lion King.

In all reality, the Pixar rides are really the only movie-related rides that Disney has always had a direct relationship with (first as distributor of Pixar movies and now as owner).

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    Disney merging itself into, absorbing and aquiring better IP than what they can ostensibly produce internally isn't the best answer for Disney, who should be cultivating talent and innovating from within. They are quickly becoming a holding company - with assets gathered from disparate sources that are then exploited and treated as commodities.
    Bingo.

But they're not "quickly becoming," they've already become it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast