Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Disneyland Christmas Party Thoughts

I didn't see any threads on the subject and thought we could have a discussion on the latest news from Al. What are your thoughts about Disneyland starting to charge separate admission like Walt Disney World for some prime Christmas entertainment?

I think Disney could make substantial money from this move. There is no question that Christmas time at Disneyland is popular. I think if they decided to go in this direction that they need to offer a completely new Christmas fireworks show. I could not see spending the money to see a fireworks show that has been included with regular park admission since 2000 and a parade that is years old.

Would you pay to go to a Christmas party at Disneyland?
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Disneyland Christmas Party Thoughts

I would pay to go to an evening Christmas Party just like I do for Halloween. I think it's beneficial in terms of crowd control.

• Minion

I say keep these wdw junk parties away from dlr the last 57 years it's been fine keep it that way :/ I don't really wanna express my feelings becuase I'll probably explode.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Circle of Ancients

Since we aren't getting AP's next year this may be when we'll make our soon-to-be yearly visit to Disneyland.

• The doctor is in

I didn't, and wouldn't, pay to go to the Halloween party and I feel the same about a Christmas party. I feel like limiting the celebration of the holidays to a small amount of people and closing the park a good 3-4 hours early to everyone else to do so is ridiculous and greedy.

Disney really is potentially putting some nails in the coffin with this stuff.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

): it makes me sad to think about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I didn't, and wouldn't, pay to go to the Halloween party and I feel the same about a Christmas party. I feel like limiting the celebration of the holidays to a small amount of people and closing the park a good 3-4 hours early to everyone else to do so is ridiculous and greedy.

This. Disney has gone too far this time.

• Queen Elsa

I 100% agree Disney has gone to far. I mean this is what me and my family do on Christmas day is to go to Disneyland for the fireworks and the parade send we don't do Christmas prizents anymore send it's only me my mom and dad. My mom loves the snow that falls after the fireworks are over that is her favorite part from the fireworks she loves. I love the parade alot. I know I may not have time the rest of Dec. to go to DL cause of work and can't ask for time off but when I do have days off sometimes we go to DL. It's bad to have these parties for Halloween which for me and my family don't mine send we don't do Halloween but come on Christmas. And it's not just us whatabout the people from NY or UT or even form Japan that come to Disneyland for Christmas that is what they wanted to do and if this does come true there be alot of angry people. I really which someone from Walt Disney's family get controll of Disneyland again cause I know Walt wouldn't like this at all. He wanted family to enjoy Christmas at Disneyland and not just the rich and greedy people either. But everyone.

• The doctor is in

This basically will force a lot of guests to choose between a full day in the park or a 3 hour holiday party at night. It's pathetic.

It works at Disneyworld because there are more than 2 parks. I went into DCA the night of a Halloween Party and the place was absolutely jammed. There were parts of the park that you could barely breathe in it was so crowded.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post

This. Disney has gone too far this time.
    +1
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Currently, I hold a Premium Annual Pass. As far as I am concerned, I have already paid for a years' worth of admission into the park, and I refuse to pay one penny more for entrance. This is the reason why I avoid Halloween time at the park, and it looks like I'm going to have to start doing the same at Christmas time as well.

One thing I thought of is that in December Southern California can get a significant amount of rain. So if you do pay for a party and the parade or Candlelight gets canceled due the the weather would you get some sort of reimbursement? My guess no. I believe last year they had to cancel a performance of Candlelight due to rain.

Unlike Florida it usually only rains for 15 minutes then goes away.

• a damsel not in distress

i think it's just kind of sucky, for lack of a better word. i can actually kind of justify halloween, since it's not really a "special" time of the year, but a fun time of the year. having a party where people can dress up and get candy, it kind of makes sense to me. christmas, on the other hand, is supposed to be a time of magic and giving and i think charging for those type of things is just greedy.

i wasn't supposed to go to disneyland for awhile since i moved and i'm trying to save money, but now i'm trying to talk my parents into a trip this holiday season so i can experience the christmas atmosphere since i never have before and i'd like to before it becomes something that you have to pay extra for.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Knight that says Nee!!

Like with most great things, Disney will be destroyed by itself and greed will be the tool. This is another step down that road.

If I pay for a day's admission to the park, Disney will then decide my day ends at 6pm or 7pm unless i pay even more to get back in at 8pm??? No thanks. Candy stations and "special fireworks" does not justify this kind of money grubbing.

"pay for" parties will ruin Christmas Season at DLR for me the same way it has ruined Halloween Season for me. If DLR was a 4 or 5 gate resort, I would be ok with it. At its current size it is just something that can ruin a trip for many.

• Lighting Design Lover

Well...my thoughts right now are this:

Economic times get tough-->vacation rates among socal families go down-->Day trips among socal families go up to compensate--> Disneyland does increasingly better-->Disney takes advantage of the situation and turns around and (insert choice non-Micechat appropriate verb)s families by increasing prices and charging premiums for items once considered standard for their business

...witness the modern American business machine in all its glory...

(I'm also contemplating ways in which to convince all locals, or even nationals, not to attend Disneyland for a year, a kind of "year without Disneyland," a reminder to Disney to the importance guests happiness...but then I realize all the problems with such an idea awaken from my dream)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast