• Sshhh, being very quiet

Positive from Al's article - 2013 Rose Parade Disneyland Float featuring Cars Land

With all the negative aspects of Disney changes and news that came out of Al's article, I caught something that actually made me smile.

Disneyland presenting another float for the 2013 Rose Parade featuring Cars Land. I would love to see the makings of this float. I know that the 2005 Float was tons of fun to watch move down Colorado Blvd. I remember thinking how tiring it must have been to dance that WHOLE route because, after going down that route on a Rose Parade float myself, it was and is a LONG trip.

So what are thoughts on the Cars Land themed Disney float for the Rose Parade? I'm excited to see it. Although the 2013 Rose Parade Float participants are not listed yet..it is something to look forward to if it is true.

•   

Re: Positive from Al's article - 2013 Rose Parade Disneyland Float featuring Cars La

That mean when they do the macy thanksgiving parade at New York they r going to have a float for WDW for there new Fantasyland.

• "I Break Things"

Re: Positive from Al's article - 2013 Rose Parade Disneyland Float featuring Cars La

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    With all the negative aspects of Disney changes and news that came out of Al's article, I caught something that actually made me smile.

Disneyland presenting another float for the 2013 Rose Parade featuring Cars Land. I would love to see the makings of this float. I know that the 2005 Float was tons of fun to watch move down Colorado Blvd. I remember thinking how tiring it must have been to dance that WHOLE route because, after going down that route on a Rose Parade float myself, it was and is a LONG trip.

So what are thoughts on the Cars Land themed Disney float for the Rose Parade? I'm excited to see it. Although the 2013 Rose Parade Float participants are not listed yet..it is something to look forward to if it is true.
    For Tink and I the parade has become an annual tradition. The kids enjoy sleeping over, and we enjoy seeing the parade first hand!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    For Tink and I the parade has become an annual tradition. The kids enjoy sleeping over, and we enjoy seeing the parade first hand!
    Yes, if you have never done it, you must watch the Rose Parade there. The other thing you can do is volunteer to place flowers or petals, another truly unique experience. It is especially fun when you do that and then watch the parade to see the float you worked on.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Yes, if you have never done it, you must watch the Rose Parade there. The other thing you can do is volunteer to place flowers or petals, another truly unique experience. It is especially fun when you do that and then watch the parade to see the float you worked on.
    I"ve done both of these things and its a great experience. However, the last time I slept over was many years ago..probably about 15 years ago and it gets pretty rowdy. I can only imagine if its gotten worse, but maybe not.

I used to belong to a church that owned all the property on the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado, right where the floats turn and where the cameras are. So in my youth I remember going to alot of early morning events on the church facilities there.

Also, when I was on a float, man was it cold and MAN did we have to be up early. That was an experience to. I can't believe I still remember what all the flowers smelled like....and I still remember what song was playing over and over by the marching singing band in front of my float. I listened to them sing for the many hours I went down that parade route...ha!

I'm excited to see a Cars Land float though!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    The other thing you can do is volunteer to place flowers or petals, another truly unique experience. It is especially fun when you do that and then watch the parade to see the float you worked on.
    I forgot the specifics but I believe you need to be at least 12 to do it. So we have a few years before they can do the flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I"ve done both of these things and its a great experience. However, the last time I slept over was many years ago..probably about 15 years ago and it gets pretty rowdy. I can only imagine if its gotten worse, but maybe not.
    It's not bad. Each time we've spent the night on Colorado. It gets rowdy up until midnight (expected since it's New Years) but then tapers off. It's usually cold out so sleeping bags and blankets are a must. I also recommend air mattresses and a battery pump with extra batteries. Food/Drinks is the usual planning. There are PLENTY of vendors that remain open selling coffee/hot chocolate and food trucks if you want hot food.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Tehskip, when do you get there to stake out a spot on the street? When I last went as a chaperone, we were there pretty early the day before, but that was several years ago.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

It's not bad. Each time we've spent the night on Colorado. It gets rowdy up until midnight (expected since it's New Years) but then tapers off. It's usually cold out so sleeping bags and blankets are a must. I also recommend air mattresses and a battery pump with extra batteries. Food/Drinks is the usual planning. There are PLENTY of vendors that remain open selling coffee/hot chocolate and food trucks if you want hot food.
    Ah very good to hear that it's still a fun past time