Ok so lets try this again..(Tron Related)

Since we wont be seeing Tron in Innoventions, how about a Tron show to replace Captain EO/HISTA. It can be either a 3D show or a live show for people. I would hate for Disneyland to not find a way to incorporate such a futuristic and visually stunning franchise such a Tron. They can also turn the Arcade in Flynn's arcade to tie in the whole area.. DO IT TDA!
    Last edited by Nikefutbolero; 10-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: Ok so lets try this again..(Tron Related)

Cool idea but I think that area needs to go
    id rather see a Tron coaster

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Minion

A live show would be extremely cheesy, I think. But a 3D show could be pretty interesting. They could mix in some augmented reality (if that's the right term? projections on the walls of the theatre) and use more of the special effects found in Muppetvision 3D.

• ~

With a movie-based attraction coming to take over the Innovations' previous location, I'm really craving something original. It's probably futile to cling to that hope since Disney keeps proving that they're only interested in pursuing the path of relying on pre-existing franchises, but I still can't help but wish that they would seize the opportunity to create a fresh, new story with original characters to balance the arrival of Marvel in Tomorrowland. And this is from someone who would have loved to see a TRON/Tron: Legacy based attraction. But if we're getting movie-based attraction replacing Innovations, rather than seeing another one take over the Magic Eye theater, I want to see Disney utilize the imaginations of WDI to their fullest potential and see what they can create.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Cool idea but I think that area needs to go
    id rather see a Tron coaster
    Another coaster?

I'd like to see something a little more original put into Tomorrowland than just another coaster.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I agree with those who are calling for original, non-film based, attractions. I would prefer that. Baring that, a Tron adventure into the grid would be a good replacement for HiStA/CE.

I also agree...no more roller coasters. TL has a decent one with great theming. To be honest, if I want roller coasters I go to other "amusement parks" I don't go to a theme park like Disneyland. The ones they do have are mostly well themed, and there are enough of them, IMO, that more are not needed, especially in a land that already has one.

• Minion

I don't see why there's any reservation about another coaster. It's not like it has to be in any way similar to Space Mountain or any other coaster we have. The Dwarfs coaster in Florida is going to be completely new. It's still a coaster. Let's be open-minded.

• film975

Well you already got Space Mountain. And Star Tours is technically a roller coaster type ride that's simulated. So there's two already in Tomorrowland. I think TRON might be a good fit for the Magic Eye Theater. I read a while ago interviews from Imagineers who say they want to play in the world of TRON. And design an attraction that's unlike anything that's been done before.

•   

This is weird because normally I'm on the side of "More rides, less theater-style attractions" but this one time I'll back the movie instead.

We don't need another coaster in a park that already has Matterhorn, space Mountain and Big Thunder. The CaptEO/HISTC theater is really the only theater attraction in the park. We don't need to spend a bunch to tear out this structure and build a new one for what relatively amounts to a small footprint of land that couldn't contain much bigger than a motion simulator ride. Just keep it a theater and come up with a new movie.

Tron seems like a shoe-in. The venue is a theater that ( as we've seen in HISTC ) can be made to look like something's being presented on a stage. Why not have that same stage with a CGI younger Jeff Bridges giving his speech about "The future is in THERE!" and then some demonstration equipment on stage misfires, everyone is sucked into the world of Tron and arrives at the same time CLU is giving the same speech, hilarity ensues, scripted events, etc., and everyone is returned to the "real world" when the equipment draws everyone back out of the computer and into the theater.

It just seems too natural of a fit.

Meanwhile, I always looked at 2001 DCA and thought "Why so many theaters and just one roller coaster?" so yes, I can acknowledge that a balance needs to be struck either way.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Non-Minion

Just as long as Daft Punk does the music, I'm sold!
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Tron replacement for Captain Eo?

I could go for this
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Parking Lot > DCA

Not to continue to beat a dead, dead horse but let's phase out Tron. It seems like almost everyone's answer for everything in Tomorrowland is to add Tron (Lightcycle ride to replace old PM/RR track, E-ticket in Innoventions, Tron based movie in the Magic Eye Theater, Flynn's Arcade in the Starcade). While I understand it's futuristic and fits the criteria of "tomorrow" I would rather not see any of it happen. Partially because I am not a fan of either film, and partially because the 8 1/2 year event that was ElecTRONica was enough of a Tron presence in the parks for me.

They can think of something more creative (maybe!) to get Tomorrowland back on it's feet again. I don't think Tron is the answer.

I would love to see something Tron related in the EO theater. Heck, I'd even watch the movie in that theater if they timed the lights, smoke and movements to it (or at least watch the highlights). Tomorrowland is about the future, yes? And there are still rumors of a 3rd Tron movie coming out...

• time to go

After the massive write-down Disney took for John Carter, I wouldn't hold my breath for TR3N anytime soon.

Aside from Avengers, Disney had terrible luck at the box office this year. It also remains to be seen how well Wreck-It Ralph, Oz, and Lone Ranger perform in the coming months.

If they don't live up to box office expectations (and I'm almost expecting them to underperform like John Carter), given the huge production costs, then no way Disney will have the intestinal fortitude to green light TR3N.

Legacy wasn't a home run out of the park, and Disney needs more home runs if they're going to keep producing very expensive tent pole films.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    After the massive write-down Disney took for John Carter, I wouldn't hold my breath for TR3N anytime soon.

Aside from Avengers, Disney had terrible luck at the box office this year. It also remains to be seen how well Wreck-It Ralph, Oz, and Lone Ranger perform in the coming months.

If they don't live up to box office expectations (and I'm almost expecting them to underperform like John Carter), given the huge production costs, then no way Disney will have the intestinal fortitude to green light TR3N.

Legacy wasn't a home run out of the park, and Disney needs more home runs if they're going to keep producing very expensive tent pole films.
    I'm bullish on Ralph (big budget animation looking pretty bulletproof these days, good date) and bearish on Oz (abysmal trailer, star is no B.O. draw, Raimi's direction looks typically camp). If, big IF, Loner Ranger is a good flick and well-received - and it could be with Verbinski & Depp - I predict a good B.O. performance.
    Last edited by RandySavage; 10-17-2012 at 09:01 PM.