Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

"Limited" sounds like a word chosen by a marketing department to imply "Hurry, come to the park now before we're out!" I'm just beaten down by a world filled with commercials that tell me I need to hurry and take advantage of some "limited time offer" or whatever. I wish them luck with this promotion and it doesn't alter my pre-existing schedule or plans for visiting the park one way or other. Their new promotion is "limited" but common sense and good planning are for a lifetime.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• -

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Interesting idea, terrible name. I had a similar idea for DL's 60th anniversary.

Bring back all of the big fireworks shows and some of the parades and run each of them for a limited time.

Example:
    Jan - March = Fantasy in the Sky/Believe (alternating weekends)
    April - June = Remember
    July = New 4th of July Show
    August - September = Magical
    October = Halloween Screams (for everyone)
    November - December = Believe in Holiday Magic

At the same time, you'd introduce one new daytime parade and run the Main Street Electrical Parade nights from March through Labor day.
    I like this idea. Maybe run a series of the different anniversary parades that they have done over the years as well. The only problem would be storage for all those parade floats.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    And since when are Remy, Tweedle Dee & Dum considered 'Long Lost Friends'?
    In Florida, we only have the most popular characters out for meet and greets. Most of them have their own dedicated areas in the parks and I never see them out walking around the park. I think Remy was only at Hollywood Studios during the Ratatouille promotion and has been rarely seen since. In Florida, the Wonderland troupe, except Alice, is almost never seen in the parks. I think the only place they go to is the character dining at the Grand Floridian.

• Jedi Knight

I love this idea, the boy band thing is kind of lame, but everything else seems super exciting

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Golden Horseshoe Revue:*The fabled*Frontierland*show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.<<

This one alone is exciting news -- We can only hope it's the first step to returning the show on a permanent basis!
    i screamed when i saw that

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

Sounds cool change up the theme every week. Lets see how it's executed!

• Under that tree again!

My guess is while DLR rides the new DCA wave, and WDW the FLE wave, they don't need another "Year of Awesome" theme. Also to an extent this isn't all brand new stuff, just a way of grouping unique experiences together.

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013.

and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts.
    It's strange they have 52 since GHR is getting a whole month and odd characters just a week. The others may be very weak and why need them in summer, Spring Break and the Holidays?

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
    While not a big deal in WDW this may mean DLR gets a longer Halloween Season too instead of a shorter than this year's long season.

• former CM

The Unleash the Villains and Lost Friends events sound fun.

For Pirates Week I'd like a talking Captain Hook face character with the charisma of some of Disneyland's best Cruellas. Please check out this link:
    Would Captain Hook be more fun as a face character?
    I'm proud of post #30 at the bottom of page 2.

The return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue
    is the best news since the Berlin Wall was torn down.

They'd better have about three weeks of previews for APs to avoid super-long lines.
    I think I'll skip the first week.

I predict that if this Golden Horseshoe reincarnation is half as good as the original and has a live band of at least three, plus four can-can dancers, and at least three other cast members, that it will be so enthusiastically received that Disney will bring it back for good. Maybe they'll require people to buy a meal or have a fancy dessert with the show. I'm cool with that.

I'm disappointed that there will not be a
    Circlevision revival in a temporary theatre. Maybe for 2014 Disney, UCLA, or the AFI are now restoring "America the Beautiful," "Magic Carpet 'Round the World," American Journeys," and maybe "From Time to Time (AKA "Timekeeper") though that last one would be my last pick since it's the most recent.

I'm sure the Motion Picture Academy would be interested in getting in on this, though I'd rather see Disney do it alone and show these inside Disneyland or DCA and, in Florida, Disney Hollywood Studios or EPCOT.

"Limited Time Magic" sounds like an oxymoron created by a marketing committee and approved by Jay Rasulo and Thomas Staggs.

How about "Magical Events"?

---------- Post added 10-17-2012 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    "Limited" sounds like a word chosen by a marketing department to imply "Hurry, come to the park now before we're out!" I'm just beaten down by a world filled with commercials that tell me I need to hurry and take advantage of some "limited time offer". . .
    I should have read your post before posting mine. You beat me to it, fifthrider.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-17-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typo

So I hope that most people are dismissive of the promotion and ignore the details and then I can enjoy a month long engagement of the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

If this happens I don't care what else they do; it will go down as a successful promotion in my book!
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'm disappointed that there will not be a Circlevision revival in a temporary theatre. Maybe for 2014 Disney & UCLA or the AFI are now restoring "America the Beautiful," "Magic Carpet 'Round the World," American Journeys," and maybe "From Time to Time (AKA "Timekeeper") though that last one would be my last pick since it's the most recent.
    They've only announced seven of 52, whose to say they won't?

•   

Agreed, Golden Horseshoe Review IS the best thing since the Berlin Wall coming down. I wonder who's going to play Wally Boag?
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Sock Puppet

How about a "no charge for Christmastime" I think everyone would really enjoy that

I have been employed at DL for a long time I've seen the good and the bad, but the direction they're going with all this "promotional" stuff is just plain ugly

• Goofy

"Limited" sounds like a word chosen by a marketing department to imply "Hurry, come to the park now before we're out!" I'm just beaten down by a world filled with commercials that tell me I need to hurry and take advantage of some "limited time offer" or whatever. I wish them luck with this promotion and it doesn't alter my pre-existing schedule or plans for visiting the park one way or other. Their new promotion is "limited" but common sense and good planning are for a lifetime.
    sounds like a rushed up to me lol. this is pretty much a meh to me. does not sound to exciting.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

See.....I hate this things because of crap like this....they use it as a way to say "this is why you need to pay more for tickets" like they did this year with voices of Liberty and I am sorry but no I'd rather not get "little" events like these and pay 150 more for an AP

• former CM

Agreed, Golden Horseshoe Review IS the best thing since the Berlin Wall coming down. I wonder who's going to play Wally Boag?
    The great Kirk Wall, of course!

Here's a link to an interview:
    http://www.mouseclubhouse.com/Interv.../kirk-wall.htm

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast