Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

This promotion has nothing to do with paying more for an AP. Demand is what brought on that increase.

• former CM

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Some of this sounds great, some of it…
    . . .
    [Independence Week]
    It is nice to see this important holiday take more of the center stage that is only offered usually to the heavy retail holidays like Halloween and Christmas. Might be fun to have a Captain America walk around character during this. Probably not on Main Street since he would be out of time with it, but maybe in the entrance plaza greeting people as soon as they come in the turnstiles.

. . .
    [Golden Horseshoe Review]
    Hopefully this will be popular enough that Disney will realize they should have never gotten rid of it in the first place and bring it back for good.
    I LOVE your Captain America idea, calsig31! There are many bodybuilding aspiring actors in L.A. Imagine how much fun it would be to play him--if it were under 80 degrees! I enjoyed the Captain America movie, especially
    Spoiler
    the scene where Tommy Lee Jones tosses the grenade.
    And I thought his character was one of the elements that made "The Avengers" one of the most entertaining movies in years.

• Nic

This sounds great!

The only thing though is, does that mean 52 weeks out of the year will have a theme to it? That's roughly the whole year. I love going to Disneyland when it's just Disneyland; with no promotions going on, no big events, and no decorations.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    This sounds great!

The only thing though is, does that mean 52 weeks out of the year will have a theme to it? That's roughly the whole year. I love going to Disneyland when it's just Disneyland; with no promotions going on, no big events, and no decorations.
    Yeah, I too sometimes just like classic Disneyland with classic Haunted Mansion and a classic five-minute wait to get on it. But some of these promotions should be unobtrusive.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

The Dapper Dan's singing One Direction and Backstreet Boys...? LOL!

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Golden Horseshoe Revue:*The fabled*Frontierland*show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.<<

This one alone is exciting news -- We can only hope it's the first step to returning the show on a permanent basis!
    This is what caught my eye! I'm stoked for this!

• former CM

Maybe when the Golden Horseshoe Review returns we should all go often that month and spread the word to Disneyland fans at other sites,
    and maybe long lines and guests who buy food and beverages inside will inspire
    TDA, George K., Meg. C., & Thomas Staggs himself to keep it around more permanently!
    And maybe bring it back to WDW!

This is probably both premature and immature, but how about several (if not a dozen) mice chat meets at various shows? All it would take would be to get some consensus times pitched on a Micechat thread. No commemorative T-shirts necessary. And if you feel self-conscious meeting a bunch of Micehatters you don't know, remember "If you're feeling stranger, just say 'Howdy, stranger!'"

Thinking to myself via my keyboard:
    unfortunately my AP expires in late July of 2013. We won't renew our Deluxe APs after that, but I could get the least expensive AP and catch the show on a weekday.

I love this promotion!

Even though I only go once a year it'll be nice to know that something special will be happening during my visit.

And more importantly its a sound way to test ideas (like the return of the Golden Horseshoe). You can bet that the limited time promotions that are most successful will return in more permanent form. In an ideal world Disney would be doing this every year.

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    • Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

welp, guess i figured out when i'm planning my trip for next year.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• The Fantasyland guy

My first thought when I heard about this was: I guess "One More Disney Day" in California rubbed off on the marketing guys. They are going to try to capture that "holy crap, we must go to Disneyland now because it's special" ticket sales/entrance numbers.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know, the title of this promotion seems a little curious to me.

How many commercials advertise a car rebate or some other kind of promotion "for a limited time only!" We all know that Disney just raised their ticket prices, and raised the cost of APs even much more so. Many people are saying that they are not going to renew their passes -- Is Disney realizing already that things might be backfiring? It's as if they are trying to say, "Better renew those passes -- here are some special events that will be available for a limited time only!"

Just kind of makes me wonder...

Unleash The Villains sounds awesome, but I have a prediction for that night...

SLAM PACKED. (Still, it is a great idea! They should do something similar every Fri the 13th. Maybe not staying open later every time, but for sure more villains in the park!)

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I don't know but I wouldn't mind getting a photo with Clarabelle Cow.
    She was out all summer at the Festival Jamboree and as recently as this past weekend at Dancin at DCA...

• Sock Puppet

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
    Really Disney? Really?
    If I wanted to hear that all I would have to do is walk around the halls in my High School. The dapper Dans should not be singing this crap...

• A Suitcase & A Dream

This seems like a plussed up Family Fun Weekend, which I did enjoy. It seems like this it will prolly go over better at Disneyland than DisneyWorld, I'm glad there will be a little more variety next year during different parts of of the year. The lesser seen characters need to be thought out more hopefully they'll be good choices when we can vote.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast