Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

The Dapper Dan's thing to me is just weird.
    Jeff Wayne

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

I think the Dapper Dans thing could be cute if it's not over-publicized.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• 2 shots on the rocks.

More Magic for More Money

• Blew By You

I'm with the crowd about the return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue. Not everything has to be a Next Gen thing.
    So, how about a refurb of one Keelboat to cruise around the Rivers of America?

• -

If they really want some throw back kind of days then how about returning opening day prices?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• former CM

Year of Magical Events

I think the Dapper Dans boy band songs could be funny for one day on April 1st.
    If it's for a whole week, a tribute to Motown, the Beach Boys, or the Beatles would be better (for a very limited time--maybe in DCA's Hollywood section.) Then again, I am middle aged and preferred the Delta Daddios to the Dapper Dans. BTW, have you seen Billy Hill & the Hillbillies country-style Beatles tribute? Outstanding!

I'd like April Fools to be a special day at Disneyland with one food cart selling broccoli and another with brussels sprouts. (My sinister motive is that I'd actually like for this to catch on--ditto for the G.H. Revue! You fudge eaters might be surprised at how many of us willingly eat green veggies. And if they were were steamed just right with some salad dressing . . . mmmmmm! It could improve an image of Disney parks recently ridiculed on Saturday Night Live and on South Park. And if the veggies were organic, Thomas Staggs might support this "prank.") This "Year of Magical Events"--a much better title than the "limited" one, if I do say so myself--could be a great year to EXPERIMENT.
    Is there still a strong demand for the original Golden Horseshoe Revue?
    Can Circlevision still compete with IMAX & 3D? (How about a new circlevision tour of the world in 3D IMAX in 2015, if the Circlevision oldies are popular? Harry Potter might arrive at Universal Studios that year, so even Ironman might get his butt kicked unless Tony Stark's attraction is fantastic. Kids will be reading Harry Potter books in the year 2050, and there will be remakes of the Harry Potter movies. Superheroes could be a trend that might still have fans, but far fewer. Imagine if Avengers 2 & 3 stink.)

Disney, boldly innovate your traditions. For example, Bayouguy, I'd like a keel boat to just go around with Tom, Huck, and Becky actors who could circle their island and stop and tell a story a few times a day. And they could run around TS Island and play with kids.

Disney, lighten up on the week-long time limit. It sounds great for a few of the proposed weeks, but you're already having the GS Revue for a full month. Some one-day weirdness could get Disneyland a lot of publicity with OPM--the sexiest words in marketing--other people's money. Free press.

How about a battle if wits each day at noon and at 3pm during pirate week from the stage in front of TS Island and/or from the Dream Suite balcony where Jack Sparrow and a Captain Hook face character just insult each other and gossip about other pirates before their meet and greets where they compete so see who's a bigger star with bigger crowds lined up.

Finally (for the next five minutes anyway),
    Disney, you may have noticed that some folks associate the words "Limited Time" with a cheap, high-pressure sales pitch. Please have the humility to improve this before it's too late.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-19-2012 at 04:59 PM.

• Musical Fireman

Some one pinch me I must be dreaming the GOLDEN HORSESHOE REVUE will be risen from the dead! Better tell Werner Weiss so he can schedule another show in Yesterland. Just a few questions who will take Fulton Burly's place as the silver toned tenor, who will be the gorgeous leading lady that Betty Taylor was, not to mention the Can-Can Girls all the actors will have some big shoes to fill. As for the band they really don't have to go far, just as the Disneyland Band breaks into smaller ensembles they could pick a few of the musicians to play the orchestra.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If they really want some throw back kind of days then how about returning opening day prices?
    Or at least a "deal of the day" with popcorn, Mickey pretzels or churros for $1.00 on selected days. People would talk about that.

• Just splashing around...

Oh. Good. Another desperate promotion designed to pack the park to the gills with a frenzy of people trying to take advantage of a "limited time" offer.

You know what would get me energized about going to the parks in 2013? 365 days of no gimmicks, no promotions, no fancy pyrotechnics and no grand openings. Just one peaceful year of classic Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    i think they should do this one day. at least for food (not too sure if they want the hell that would be opening day ticket prices)

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    oh. Good. Another desperate promotion designed to pack the park to the gills with a frenzy of people trying to take advantage of a "limited time" offer.

you know what would get me energized about going to the parks in 2013? 365 days of no gimmicks, no promotions, no fancy pyrotechnics and no grand openings. Just one peaceful year of classic disneyland.

absolutely, yes!!!!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    You know what would get me energized about going to the parks in 2013? 365 days of no gimmicks, no promotions, no fancy pyrotechnics and no grand openings. Just one peaceful year of classic Disneyland.
    But then what would the TDA marketeers do to justify their bonuses? Without a constant spew of limited time events, specials, come-ons and deals that turn Disneyland into a mosh pit of sardines, Disney's top brass might discover that the DLR itself can make plenty of profits on its own -- and decide to dump the cubicle droids who dream up this stuff. Perish the thought!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

What a horrible name for a "promotion"! To me it says "we used to be magical all the time, but now there will be cutbacks. We will only occasionally be magical; the rest of the time we'll be ordinary." And what's with the "pay more for shorter days and then be made to pay extra if you want a full day and the complete experience"? It feels like extortion. They know how hard it is for a diehard DL fan to kick the habit. Well, they're making it a lot easier. And what's with the "they want to reduce attendance"? I've never heard of a business wanting fewer customers. And if that were true, why build new attractions and have promotions?

Fluffy Club Member

• Insomniac

This is exactly what I worried it would mean when they said we would be able to dine at the Tahitian Terrace and see America the Beautiful again. It's just a cheap promotional gimmick instead of an actual addition/ revival of past attractions. Golden Horseshoe Revue coming back, cool but it never should have left and should definitely not be temporary. Possibility of Tahitian Terrace coming back, cool but it never should have left and should definitely not be temporary. America the Beautiful coming back, cool but it is just a circle vision show. Everything else the have released so far is either unnecessary, should already be there every day, or is completely ridiculous (Dappers singing Backstreet boys? WTF?)
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I don't mine seeing Flik or Remy send I only got to see them once. But others I would love to see are...

Jiminy
    Prince Eric
    Hewy
    Duey
    Louie
    Meg (Hercules)
    John Smith
    Blue Fairy
    Capn Hook, I hope you get to find some of the characters on your list next year!

With all the events, you never know!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast