Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Heavy Breather

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

Long Lost Friends Week? I wonder who could show up then (cough) Oswald (cough).

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• My Children's Father

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Wow, none of us seem to like this "Limited" thing they're doing. I'm impressed at how many just don't care for this title and find it a turn off. They've got some novel ideas in there but most of the fan suggested ones here ( a week of duck characters, etc. ) sound so much better.
    It reminds me of the limited time I now have to return to the Fastpass line ..... sorry, wrong thread .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Wow, none of us seem to like this "Limited" thing they're doing. I'm impressed at how many just don't care for this title and find it a turn off.
    The marketeers at Disney Corp won't be able to understand why their "Limited Time Magic" concept is a turn-off to so many people. That's because they're into mall marketing instead of showmanship, and have no concept of the difference between the two.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

The words "Limited Time Magic" just give off a bad vibe to me.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    The words "Limited Time Magic" just give off a bad vibe to me.
    I agree. Kinda sounds like "Attention KMart shoppers, for the next 15 minutes.........".

I still think the crowds will be horrendous, with tons of people visiting during the weeks that are 'special' to them. Valentine's Week=lots of couples, Golden Horseshoe = GHR fans, etc, ad infinitum. Another thing to check on (like UEA, school breaks, etc) to try to schedule around to avoid 'peak' crowds (if that's even possible anymore).

BTW, can anyone think of a better name for this promotion than 'limited time'? I've tried & can't think of anything that isn't equally 'cheesy'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    . . . BTW, can anyone think of a better name for this promotion than 'limited time'? I've tried & can't think of anything that isn't equally 'cheesy'.
    The Year of Magical Events
    On second thought, I deleted that title because some of these temporary changes are more likely to be ridiculed if presented as "events." ("What's the event today?" "The Dapper Dans are singing boy band songs." That is part of the Limited Time Magic, btw.)

So better yet
    , assume that "Disneyland" is enough of a draw and that a slogan is unnecessary.
    Then have special events that are a day, a week or a month long. Post this schedule in advance online.

It's not like Disneyland and Walt Disney World guests eagerly await the marketing department's nondescript slogan each year.

Remember, "National Lampoon: the magazine that doesn't need a slogan to sell itself."?

For a while when different states were putting slogans on their license plates,
    Texas just had "Texas" because (some Texans said) that said enough.

Four Seasons hotels don't need slogans.
    And "Disneyland" too is enough if Disney is striving for 5-star quality.

Disneyland

Beautiful word all by itself.

Let half of Disney's marketeers find more useful work, and if they are under contract, let them finish out their contracts as park sweepers or stationed at small information booths like the ones they had at Universal Hollywood last summer. Then they could actually improve the parks.

Do keep & promote those responsible for the month of the Golden Horseshoe Revue!

Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typo

• former CM

There is a new poll just about the title, "Limited Time Magic".

Link:
    Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by mr wiggins View Post
    the marketeers at disney corp won't be able to understand why their "limited time magic" concept is a turn-off to so many people. That's because they're into mall marketing instead of showmanship, and have no concept of the difference between the two.

true, true, true!

• former CM

Hurry! Act NOW! This is a ltd. time offer! Operators are standing by!

What other "limited magic" would you like to see in 2013?
    Remember Juliet's line, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    by any other word would smell as sweet."
    And there's another thread just for praising or politely going off on that name.
    (
    Link: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing? .)

What have people liked or wanted so far?
    Some are excited about "Unleash the Villains from Hell!" promotion.
    "Dead Friends Resurrected" has its fans.
    And on post 23 on page 2, I had some ideas for "Pirates Weak."
    One Micechatter on this thread posted what he'd like to do with Captain America.
    Specificity on how we should celebrate the Golden Horseshoe Revue appeared on post 37 on page 3.
    And I wished upon a black hole for
    Circlevision, though that's not a Ltd. Dream. . . yet.

So to quote from the greatest acting in the history in cinema (Apollonia in "Purple Rain"),
    "What do you dream of?"

Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    The Year of Magical Events
    On second thought, I deleted that title because some of these changes are more likely to be ridiculed if presented as "events." ("What's the event today?" "The Dapper Dans are singing boy band songs." That is part of the Limited Time Magic, btw.)

So better yet
    , assume that "Disneyland" is enough of a draw and that a slogan is unnecessary.
    Then have special events that are a day, a week or a month long. Post this schedule in advance online.

It's not like Disneyland and Walt Disney World guests eagerly await the marketing department's nondescript slogan each year.

Remember, "National Lampoon: the magazine that doesn't need a slogan to sell itself."?

For a while when different states were putting slogans on their license plates,
    Texas just had "Texas" because (some Texans said) that said enough.

Four Seasons hotels don't need slogans.
    And "Disneyland" too is enough if Disney is striving for 5-star quality.

Disneyland

Beautiful word all by itself.

Let half of Disney's marketeers find more useful work, and if they are under contract, let them finish out their contracts as park sweepers or stationed at small information booths like the ones they had at Universal Hollywood last summer. Then they could actually improve the parks.

Do keep & promote those responsible for the month of the Golden Horseshoe Revue!

This is pretty much exactly what I thought when all these ridiculous promotions first started.

Honestly, does Disneyland really need to be further sold to people?!?!

Its one of the most iconic places/names/words on earth.

I agree with you jcruise86, beautiful word all by itself

Disneyland: because...well...you know...uh....IT"S DISNEYLAND!!!!!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    This is pretty much exactly what I thought when all these ridiculous promotions first started.

Honestly, does Disneyland really need to be further sold to people?!?!

Its one of the most iconic places/names/words on earth.

I agree with you jcruise86, beautiful word all by itself

Disneyland: because...well...you know...uh....IT"S DISNEYLAND!!!!!
    Unfortunately the train may have already left the station, unless Bob I., Thomas S., Meg C., or George K. are both brave and powerful enough to stop this mistake. To me this is making all of them seem like they either have bad judgment or are weak, especially Iger and Staggs.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: to add a missing "like"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    To me this is making all of them seem like they either have bad judgment or are weak, especially Iger and Staggs.
    Actually they are very strong -- in what they do. The problem, for those of us who don't like seeing Disneyland turned into a Walmart with rides, is in what they do. Iger came from network TV, where leadership means following what's already popular. Staggs came from finance, where leadership means slashing costs and maximizing profits. Both were trained for years by Eisner. End of story.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• formerly very helpful

How about the slogan: "Just because it's Disneyland." ?

• Of Two Minds, or More

I'm so with you on this one. I'm just hoping I won't be disappointed in Pecos Bill. No one can fill Wally's shoes.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWally'sNiece View Post
    I'm so with you on this one. I'm just hoping I won't be disappointed in Pecos Bill. No one can fill Wally's shoes.
    True, but others have also been very funny in the role.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast