Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Magic"

Disney Park Blogs has an article where Disney unveiled a huge ice castle in New York to the announcement that 2013 at the Disney Parks is the year of "Limited Time Magic"

The Article is here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

or here:

We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013.
    Regular Blog readers already know that next year is a momentous year – with New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history at Walt Disney World Resort and the first full year of a re-imagined Disney California Adventure park. And now, we’re adding “Limited Time Magic,” featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts.

Gallery

Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Disney Parks

As part of this morning’s “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and pals helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. The fairytale castle is made of 45,000 pounds of ice and will be visible for a limited time thanks to the warm Autumn weather.
    So, what can you expect with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks when it begins in January? Here’s an idea:

• True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
    • Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
    • Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
    • Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
    • Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
    • Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
    • Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening. Also, you can learn more and follow along on Twitter by following @DisneyParks and using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• The doctor is in

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

Unleash the Villains sounds mighty tempting.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Ma

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    For me as well!

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Indeed.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

This is by far the worst promotion to date.

Who honestly thought Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands was a good idea? And since when are Remy, Tweedle Dee & Dum considered 'Long Lost Friends'?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some/most/all of these events are limited exclusively to Annual Passholders.

• Chief Troublemaker

One week blocks of 'magic'? OMG can you imagine the crowds?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Avid MC reader since 2005

"Limited Time Magic"? Maybe it's a reference to closing early at Christmastime to the regular guest

I agree, this is the worst promotion I've seen them do.

• Minion

>>Golden Horseshoe Revue:*The fabled*Frontierland*show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.<<

This one alone is exciting news -- We can only hope it's the first step to returning the show on a permanent basis!

• My Children's Father

That the folks in Marketing have taken over with such lackluster ability speaks to the overall weakness of the other creative forces in the company.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I don't know but I wouldn't mind getting a photo with Clarabelle Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Golden Horseshoe Revue:*The fabled*Frontierland*show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.<<

This one alone is exciting news -- We can only hope it's the first step to returning the show on a permanent basis!
    Out of all the news, this is the only one I'm looking forward to. If it's open to everyone, it would be kind of fun to do a dapper day type event.

• -

Some of this sounds great, some of it…

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
    This sounds really great. Disneyland has always been kind of a romantic place. It seems like the perfect place to spend Valentine’s Day. It is also nice that they are having it last the entire week since Valentine’s Day falls on a Thursday next year so more people can enjoy the experience.

Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
    It is nice to see this important holiday take more of the center stage that is only offered usually to the heavy retail holidays like Halloween and Christmas. Might be fun to have a Captain America walk around character during this. Probably not on Main Street since he would be out of time with it, but maybe in the entrance plaza greeting people as soon as they come in the turnstiles.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
    This is great. Fans are always asking that the lesser known characters make appearances. Now they are getting what they asked for. Sounds like Disney finally listened.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
    This would be fun if it wasn’t Jack Sparrow based. I would especially love this if the week closed with a special ceremony that removed the pirate bastardization of Tom Sawyer’s Island.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
    As much as I like the Dapper Dans, this is just stupid. They are supposed to represent a band from an era long before those mentioned above. Why would anyone want them to do a rendition of crappy Backstreet Boys songs anyway?

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
    This may be fun. Finally, a special day that actually falls on a Friday so people can enjoy it and not have to worry about going to work the next day.

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
    Hopefully this will be popular enough that Disney will realize they should have never gotten rid of it in the first place and bring it back for good.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

I hope they post a calendar up soon... Being an out of state AP makes it a little tricky to time these events.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Interesting idea, terrible name. I had a similar idea for DL's 60th anniversary.

Bring back all of the big fireworks shows and some of the parades and run each of them for a limited time.

Example:
    Jan - March = Fantasy in the Sky/Believe (alternating weekends)
    April - June = Remember
    July = New 4th of July Show
    August - September = Magical
    October = Halloween Screams (for everyone)
    November - December = Believe in Holiday Magic

At the same time, you'd introduce one new daytime parade and run the Main Street Electrical Parade nights from March through Labor day.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I am also excited for the return of the original Golden Horseshoe review, as I remember the original one. I am excited that my daughter will have a chance to see it.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast