Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: New Princess Costumes

I don't like the more modern-looking wig and she looks too heavily made-up, in my opinion; I thought the princesses were more "natural" beauties. The sleeves are wrong but I don't think the old ones reflected the movie. The new bodice appears to be more flattering and the skirts are fine. If they kept the old wig/makeup I'd consider it an improvement, but now I'm just not sure.

•   
    • Minion

Is it possible that the heavy makeup on this Cinderella is just because this was a (filmed) press event? I always had the impression that the princesses were supposed to have a more natural look, yes.

Looks horrible to me. Especially the new wig.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Is it possible that the heavy makeup on this Cinderella is just because this was a (filmed) press event? I always had the impression that the princesses were supposed to have a more natural look, yes.
    Definitely a possibility and I hope you're right. But the new art I've seen for the princesses (there are a few pictures in Capt Hook's signature right now) also look more made-up to me as well. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if the make-up is intentional.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Definitely a possibility and I hope you're right. But the new art I've seen for the princesses (there are a few pictures in Capt Hook's signature right now) also look more made-up to me as well. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if the make-up is intentional.
    Eeek, I didn't realize those pictures in CH's signature were new "official" artwork. O_o I will be disappointed if the princesses end up sporting that sort of look too. It's too much.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I don't see a new design, maybe its just me. It appears to be the same design as before with a few minor flourishes added and they made it out of a different materiel, one that shimmers more. The change is so minor I don't see any reason to be bothered by them.

• Queen Elsa

Out of all the new looks for the Princess I think the 3 I have on my signature are better looking then the rest.

• Minion

While I'm not a huge fan of ALL the new designs, I actually think this is an improvement for Cinderella. The wig is a bit off-model from the movie, but it looks more natural than the previous wig. And the dress looks more realistic, too.

• Gooseberries and Apples

This gown is much better than the old one.

The neckline was changed for the better. The neckline of the old gown was too reminiscent of a T-shirt neckline.

The bodice is now literally a princess bodice and not strangely high-waisted like the old one.

The shoulders are now actually puffs instead of the weird same-color/fabric sleeves. They stand out more now from the rest of the gown. They're spread out a bit much though.

I'm not sure what the side poofs on the skirt are called, but they look more like they belong to the whole piece instead of tacked on.

There are still inaccuracies but ah well, it's a great improvement. With each new design the FC looks a little more like Cinderella from 1950. Yet, I do have to wonder if they'll ever put her in the silver-white shade from the movie.

Also, Disney's never had a great track record with wigs so I'm not going to comment on this new one.

• -

I'm waiting for the princess clubwear line to come out.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Gooseberries and Apples

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm waiting for the princess clubwear line to come out.
    It's already out there... Just go to any Halloween costume store right now.

• Minion

ORWEN: From the way some of the new Cinderella dolls look, I was afraid they were going to make the theme park Cinderella wear a much darker shade of blue than it turns out she is. I wouldn't have liked that at all! Her original hair style showed her with bangs while the new hair style has her hair parted on the side. That's the way the newest Cinderella dolls are made, too. It's a minor change that most people may not notice. But I prefer her to look as much like she did in the animated film so that's why I prefer her to have bangs and not have her hair parted on the side. Actually, her ball gown should be white and not blue because it the animated movie her gown was white and only looked blue when she was in the shadows.

• Minion

Well I have to say the wig doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. It looks better in real life than it does in the illustrations, although I still prefer the old hair because it was more accurate. The dress is quite pretty although the sleeves are a bit weird. Why are they only attached at the shoulder? The glitter doesn't bother me so much because her dress did sparkle with fairy dust in the movie. Unfortunately all the other princess dresses will probably be glittery too even though they shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Diznygrl; 10-18-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Name:  cinderella pic.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  142.1 KB

• Nic

I really could care less about all this; along as little girls visiting the parks spot her from afar, and scream "Mommy, Daddy! It's Cinderella!", I'm fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast