Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Merry 2014!

Re: New Princess Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Tennor View Post
    She looks like she could compete in the Glitz Pageants from "Toddlers and Tiaras".
    Apparently little girls want their princesses glitter-ized. Have to say though, when I first saw this drawing I thought, "What's Dolly Parton doing dressed up like Cinderella?"
    (yes, those parts are not the same)
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• I love that tiny bear!

I just noticed, in the first picture (where she's in the shadows), those blues clash pretty severely. I hope the park versions don't have that problem, or they keep her in bright environments so that problem doesn't show up.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i thought the new dress was for the event

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

The new dress looks to be better quality than the old.

My only real problem with the dress is the shoulders. If they can fix the shoulders so that they dont look so high up and lumpy, then ok..... as fot the Marketing counterpark, the see-through shoulders are a bit slutty for my taste. The hair is where it gets interesting, in the marketing picture (not the one posted here) it looks pretty ok to me. As for the reali-life counterpart, i cant really tell because the actress' face is kind of distracting. It wasnt Disney's best casting call imo. But so far, im leaning towards original

• I'm from Canada eh!

I am really surprised at the hate for this relatively small change to a costume. Actually surprised is not the word seeing as this is Micechat, more like completely the complete opposite of surprised, like, Expected.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

MiceChatters tell it like it is. If they love something they love it to death, and if they don't they express those feelings as well. I disagree with the opinion that it is all negative.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• I'm from Canada eh!

I'm not sure I share your feelings that Mice Chatters tell it like it is. I think a certain group tells it how they feel, but I really can't believe that the general population share the same opinion. If it were the case, main street would be empty and the Disney corp would be but a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Old VS new.

Attachment 24409
    Wow, I totally did not notice the changes until I saw this comparison pic. I agree that the new make-up is a little too dark for the character, but hopefully they did that because it was nighttime or something. I do think the quality of the new wig is better; as for the part, well, the animated Cinderella has weird poofed out bangs that will probably be very difficult to replicate in real life while making the hair look realistic, so I don't mind if they're not accurate with that.

The new dress is great, imo. The poofs on the shoulders are too wide, they should be thinner for accuracy, but that is the only thing I notice as being totally off. Yeah, the color should be lighter, but in comparison to the old dress, there is no contest. The old dress looks like those cheap halloween costumes they sell online compared to the new one; the difference, I think, is in the fullness of the new skirt and the solid structuring on the bodice. Just those two things made a great difference.

• Minion

Thumbs up Re: New Princess Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by jyshin2 View Post
    The old dress looks like those cheap halloween costumes they sell online compared to the new one; the difference, I think, is in the fullness of the new skirt and the solid structuring on the bodice. Just those two things made a great difference.
    I agree completely, The old construction of the bodice was loose and really didn't do any of the performers any favors. The new bodice appears to be more flattering with a slimmer silhouette. I just wonder why I took Disney so long to make the improvements in the first place. Oh wait it's Disney, now I remember.

I like it. I think it looks pretty. I also think the wig is fine and actually closer to the color of Cinderella's hair. Her hair was brown, not yellow. I don't think they picked the right person for Cinderella though. She doesn't seem innocent enough or soft enough. I also think she looks like she had enhancements up top and looks just looks wrong for the part. Wish I could put into words what I mean. I'm not really a fan of the bangs on the old wig. The curliness reminds me a little of my old 80s hairdo.

I don't know if anyone had seen these pics yet, but Mint went to Disneyland yesterday to get a couple of pictures of Cinderella in her new gown.

The old dress

the new gown

The only thing I don't care for is the new hairstyle. But the new ball gown looks a bit better

A few more pictures can be found on his blog

Magic Eye - Cinderella's new ball gown

• Resident Mouse

Before everyone starts bashing her look en masse, I heard a rumor that John Lassetter personally oversaw the design of Cinderella's new dress and had small details hidden within it, such as "C's" and glass slippers.

I personally do not see major differences between both looks. I'm growing accustomed to her new hair, but I can not find any distracting changes to the dress. From 10 feet away, I could not tell the difference between the two.
    -MickeyM

*President of the Mickey Mouse Club*

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Yeah my friend show me his photo of her in her new dress and other then the wig I can't see the differents either. I don't care for the wig. I think Ariel will be the next one to get the new look send her movie is coming back out to DVD next year.

• Minion

Oops, sorry wrong thread.
    Last edited by Diznygrl; 10-22-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Wrong thread. D'oh!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast