Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Replacing Autopia

In 1955, multilane limited-access highways, which were still being developed. It was "futuristic". It's now not. And while I know it's a favorite with the kids the most (notably 8-16). It will be going way soon, the space is too valuable.

What should go there?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Down Pluto!

Re: Replacing Autopia

Futuristic electric cars. Change the scenery to be futuristic as well.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Futuristic electric cars. Change the scenery to be futuristic as well.
    Agree. Or retheme it to space cars or vehicle that are use for other planets. The scenery could be an another world (that ties in with a space port/distant planet themed TL)
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Dead men tell no tales.

I say while Disney's busy tearing down Innoventions, why not rip up Autopia and the subs and build MISSION:Space in Disneyland, not some stupid Iron Man ride.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    I say while Disney's busy tearing down Innoventions, why not rip up Autopia and the subs and build MISSION:Space in Disneyland, not some stupid Iron Man ride.
    Mission Space is not that popular, it killed two people, and it would most likely cost over $200 million to build today. It shouldn't and won't be built again. Why can't we actually challenge the imagineers instead of just hoping they clone another ride?

Autopia and the subs don't look like they are going anywhere. Autopia realistically should be moved to Cars Land and the subs should be demo'd for their cost alone. Neither is going to happen, but that's what makes the most sense.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I'd actually like a Mission: Space clone......

But the problem with removing Autopia is its footprint...... because the "highway" doesn't weigh that much, it can be supported on the roof of the Submarine show building.

Any drastic redesign or removal of Autopia would impact Nemo, the Monorail, the abandoned PM tracks..... WDI would have to come up with something spectacular to occupy this space and Burbank would have to approve a huge budget for a complete TL re-theme.

I'm not against ANY of this, and I suppose I had better get used to the idea of Iron Man/Marvel in TL...... but it would be a huge expenditure, and the WDC recently said in their shareholder's report that they would be scaling back investent in the short term.....

ideally i would like to see a discovery bay type land, i think it would be a nice transition from tomorrowland to fantasyland. seems like there would be enough space, & this would make it possible to keep the bay (this is assuming nemo also goes).

• AKA - DisneyChris

How about flying futuristic space cars, like the Jetsons had?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

While an Iron Man attraction may or mak not be stupid, I believe Mission Space would be a great addition to Tomorrowland and compliment Space Mountain.

I too am a fan of mission space but I don't like the idea of just cloning every god attraction. I take my family to both parks each year and like having different things at each park.
    I like the idea of some ind of Ton themed racers ride or pod racer from Star Wars going into the Autopia space if they were to remove it. I honestly don't see them removing it though. However, they could update it with Green cars and theming to give it a more modern take. I think its still a good draw for the kids and I would be surprised if they really remove it.

• formerly very helpful

I'd like to see it rethemed to a ride through a futuristic environment. Something fun like the Jetsons. Not so realistic, but fun and whimsical. It should include animatronics, like POTC, and could be presented like a tour of the future. It would be a perfect chance to include humor like World of Motion did in EPCOT.

I agree with those who said earlier, enough of the cloning other attractions. Instead, take what is learned from earlier attractions, and apply them in new ways, like they did with RSR.

• HYDRA

that whole area should go they can it in a whole of great stuff
    autopia should replace lugies
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    That would be a very small track.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    that whole area should go they can it in a whole of great stuff
    Why? It's a unique attraction, and Autopia doesn't even fit in with the world of Cars. In the world of Cars, the cars control themselves, without having humans use them.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Heavy Breather

How about Horizons?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast