View Poll Results: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for D Land's 2013 promotion?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

96 81.36%
  • Yes

9 7.63%
  • My cat's breath smells like catfood!

5 4.24%
  • Like Switzerland, I shall remain neutral.

8 6.78%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

I agree with the suggestion of A Year of Magical Surprises!

"Limited Time Magic" makes it sound like an infomercial pitch.

• world class bilge rat

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

I think it should be changed slightly.....truth in advertising.......

"Limited Magic"; meaning that the once prevalent magic of DL has been overshadowed by corporate greed resulting is gross overcrowding of the parks thus reducing a once pleasurable experience to something more akin to cattle in a feedlot.

Sorry for the rant, but in my mind, the magic of Disney has been diminishing somewhat rapidly over the past few years, mainly due to huge crowds and other assorted corporate ploys aimed solely at increasing profit at any expense.

• Goofy

no sounds way too rushed for me

• AKA - DisneyChris

Love the idea - hate the name - They should have called it something less negative - magic when associated with the Disney name should be thought of as limitless.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Yeah it's pretty much awful. Makes Disneyland sound like a department store. I mean, we already know that current Disney sees "magic" as a product to be packaged and sold, but here it's like they're not even trying to disguise it in order to make it sound charming or appealing.

MAGIC™! LIMITED TIME ONLY! GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE!*

*limit one (1) Magic™ per person.
    Funny!

• Minion

The name is awful. It does sound like a sales pitch as others have said, but it doesn't even sound like a good one. It doesn't roll off the tongue and I can imagine someone pitching this in an office and having their colleagues all stare blankly.

• Minion

Dreadful. Sounds like a coupon. HBO's Mr. Show once did a sketch called "Coupon: The Movie". I guess this is "Coupon: The Theme Park".

Hey - maybe all the park's restaurants can serve the McRib during 2013. That totally says "Limited Time Magic!"

Or how about if they say in the commercials, "Disneyland! Get it now before it goes back into the Disney Vault!"

Wait - I had another idea. They could have Rumpelstiltskin from Once Upon a Time as the new park mascot, and the slogan could be, "Magic Always Has a Price, Dearie!"

Does Disneyland even need an annual promotion? How about The Year of It's DISNEYLAND and You Already Know What It Is So Come Visit Already!
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 10-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• former CM

Hurry! Act NOW! This is a ltd. time offer! Operators are standing by!

Well, so far the voting is close,
    but some Micechatters seem to really love or like that new name from Disney's always brilliant marketing team.
    (See biggsworth's post #2 for just one example.)

I'd bet they'll use the image of Alice's panicked rabbit with his watch with this promotion, failing to grasp that panic is a bad thing.
    ("But bunnies are cuuuute!")

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I agree with the suggestion of A Year of Magical Surprises!

"Limited Time Magic" makes it sound like an infomercial pitch.
    But Malina (and you are one of my favorite pundits), haven't we already been through "surprises" ad nauseum? Here's an excerpt from Dumbotron's post you may recall from page 1:

". . . 'surprises' doesn't really fit if (Hopefully!) we know when our favorite events are coming. I don't want the Golden Horseshoe Review to be a surprise; I want to plan ahead and make certain I see that at least twice."

Maybe the more alliterative "Magical Moments"?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added "or like" so I don't misrepresent biggsworth

• My Children's Father

Ever since I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in June, the term "limited time" has a whole new meaning ...

On a lighter note, it does sound more like a Carl's Junior (Hardees for you back East) ad for their latest burger variation.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Ever since I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in June, the term "limited time" has a whole new meaning ...

On a lighter note, it does sound more like a Carl's Junior (Hardees for you back East) ad for their latest burger variation.
    I'm sorry, Giant Panda.

• My Children's Father

Don't be. I'm actually getting better (thanks to a miraculous new drug), I'm not feeling 'limited", except by Fastpass return windows .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Don't be. I'm actually getting better (thanks to a miraculous new drug), I'm not feeling 'limited", except by Fastpass return windows .....
    Good to hear!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Typical corporate Disney greed at it's best. It feels like in the past few years the marketing and questionable decisions involving Disneyland is becoming more prevalent and to be honest I have not only Iger and Meg Crofton to blame but George Kalogridis is at the top of that list. He is the President of Disneyland and as such has say in what goes on in his parks such as eliminating the CM parties, having to pay an upcharge for holiday offerings, the massive increase in admission prices and food prices, the watering down of the Candlelight Procession by increasing the # of nights to 20. I don't know about anybody else but I see a direct correlation to all this since George Kalogridis was promoted to President of the Disneyland Resort.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Minion

Re: Hurry! Act NOW! This is a ltd. time offer! Operators are standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Well, so far the voting is close,
    but some Micechatters seem to really love that new name from Disney's always brilliant marketing team.
    (See biggsworth's post #2 for just one example.)

Hey now lets be fair the option I picked is I like it not really love it. To me it fits what they are trying to do and offer specialized promotions for a limited time. I think it's good and a lot better and more original than the crap they have rolled out the past couple of years. And for anyone who doesn't like the term limited how many limited edition items do you rush to buy at DLR. Pins/Shirts/Vinylmations/Art etc

Sorry I try to find good in everything and don't just jump to the front of the line to bash things just because.

Giants Panda good luck on your recovery you are doing great it sounds!!!!!!!!

it just sounds so cheesy and makes the company look bad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast