View Poll Results: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for D Land's 2013 promotion?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

96 81.36%
  • Yes

9 7.63%
  • My cat's breath smells like catfood!

5 4.24%
  • Like Switzerland, I shall remain neutral.

8 6.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• "I don't like the color"

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Over new Disneyland loudspeakers,
    "Attention Disneyland shoppers:
    There is a sale now for a limited time. Ten % off all plastic crap.
    For your convenience, the same merchandise is available in every store in the park.
    Again, THIS IS A LIMITED TIME offer!"

OK, it hasn't come to that yet,
    but this reminds me of Paul Pressler's taking away the Main Street Electrical Parade.
    Ads stated something like, "See it before it goes away forever!"

"Limited time magic" implies that Disneyland won't be magical when these limited time events end.

Thanks TDA/Disney Parks marketing for finally coming up with something that virtually every Micechatter can agree on. This is worse than 90% of prom theme titles. Seriously, who came up with this, who agreed it was good, and who signed off on this? As a Disney shareholder, I nominate the Queen of Hearts to serve on Disney's Board of Directors and head an ad hoc committee to investigate an report back on everyone who promoted the name of this campaign.
    Almost sounds like Disneyland should install blue lights in areas and say over the loudspeakers "Attention guests, Disneyland is having a blue light special at the Golden Horseshoe in 15 minutes".....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

Experience the magic before it goes away forever.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Ever since I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in June, the term "limited time" has a whole new meaning ...

On a lighter note, it does sound more like a Carl's Junior (Hardees for you back East) ad for their latest burger variation.
    I think I said something that ruffled your feathers (or maybe I should say fur) in another thread not too long ago. (Or maybe it was the other way around I don't remember). Just a shout out to say in sorry and I only hope the best for you.

• We Want The Redhead

Makes perfect sense to me. Limited time refers to the amount of time you spend in the Park before being charged a separate admission for the rest of your day, while magic refers to the almost miracilous way Disney is able to get people to fork over all that extra dough without complaining.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• former CM

Re: Hurry! Act NOW! This is a ltd. time offer! Operators are standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Hey now, let's be fair. The option I picked is I like it not really love it. To me it fits what they are trying to do and offer specialized promotions for a limited time. I think it's good and a lot better and more original than the crap they have rolled out the past couple of years. And for anyone who doesn't like the term limited, how many limited edition items do you rush to buy at DLR. Pins/Shirts/Vinylmations/Art etc
    [None.]
    Sorry I try to find good in everything and don't just jump to the front of the line to bash things just because.
    . . .
    Biggie, I have added "and like" to the post in question so I don't misrepresent your level of enthusiasm, and I accept your apology.

Horrible name
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Probably the worst one ever.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• "I don't like the color"

It's amazing that Disney does not do any surveys to some of their cockamamie ideals....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Tourist

"Limited Time Magic" is an incredibly cheesy name. It sounds just like something you'd hear during a product pitch on a late-night infomercial.

• Minion

Should have been something along the lines of "Magical moments-experience them before they are gone"
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

How about:

A Carousel of Magic

• Cunning infiltrator

Meanwhile at the Universal Creative office......

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Blew By You

As long as it doesn't get printed out in giant banners, on park maps, on highway billboards, used on social media, mailings or over the air commercials, or used on merchandise (t-shirts, coffee cups, etc.)...

•   

Limited Time Magic = Limited Imagination Marketing Dept.

They need Jack Lindquist back. The new breed are most certainly NOT "in service to the mouse" at all.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

Disneyland, once a place where imagination and dreams could soar, now shackled by "limited" time marketing schemes.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast