View Poll Results: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for D Land's 2013 promotion?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

96 81.36%
  • Yes

9 7.63%
  • My cat's breath smells like catfood!

5 4.24%
  • Like Switzerland, I shall remain neutral.

8 6.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• former CM

Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

There is another thread. . .

(Link: Park Blogs noting that Disney is kicking off 2013 as the year of "Limited Time Magic" )

. . . where you can discuss all aspects of this promotion,
    but for this poll we merely ask, do you like its name?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-19-2012 at 04:25 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

Yes I can't wait to see what they have in store for the upcoming year!

• Lurker

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

They could have called it "Ephemeral Magic", but how many people in the general public know what "ephemeral" means?

Absolutely Awful! I can't believe that even got a green light.

I get WHY it is named what it is, BUT I don't want to think of my Disney magic being limited time only offer. You know what I mean?
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME ºoº
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Cunning infiltrator

Limited Time Magic as in limited time only. Meaning it runs for a short time.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• former CM

Over new Disneyland loudspeakers,
    "Attention Disneyland shoppers:
    There is a sale now for a limited time. Ten % off all plastic crap.
    For your convenience, the same merchandise is available in every store in the park.
    Again, THIS IS A LIMITED TIME offer!"

OK, it hasn't come to that yet,
    but this reminds me of Paul Pressler's taking away the Main Street Electrical Parade.
    Ads stated something like, "See it before it goes away forever!"

"Limited time magic" implies that Disneyland won't be magical when these limited time events end.

Thanks TDA/Disney Parks marketing for finally coming up with something that virtually every Micechatter can agree on. This is worse than 90% of prom theme titles. Seriously, who came up with this, who agreed it was good, and who signed off on this? As a Disney shareholder, I nominate the Queen of Hearts to serve on Disney's Board of Directors and head an ad hoc committee to investigate an report back on everyone who promoted the name of this campaign.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-19-2012 at 04:14 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Limited and magic don't sound good together when talking about Disney. If I'm going to a park "where the magic happens" I expect to find it, not be told sorry it just left or we just ran out. I've been scratching my head since I read about it the other day. Seriously I think the name should be changed to an extent that the person who came up with that should be considered for a different job.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Seriously, who came up with this, who agreed it was good, and who signed off on this? As a Disney shareholder, I nominate the Queen of Hearts to serve on Disney's Board of Directors and head an ad hoc committee to investigate an report back on everyone who promoted this name of this campaign.
    You can be assured that any promotion Disney announces to the public has been approved at a high level of TDA management.

"Limited Time Magic" isn't the result of someone screwing up. It's a symptom of how Disney's marketing-driven management thinks.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

It actually makes me feel kind of angry...

• formerly very helpful

The implication is Disney magic is only offered for a limited time, and not all the time. Kinda goes against what they've been saying since 1955. Not a good name for a promotion. I really hope it backfires.

They should have called it something like "Special Surprise Magic" implying they are offering special surprises that crop up from time to time. A name like this would imply that the magic is always there, but just new things are offered sometimes, too.

Stupid stupid name. But at the same time, what else would they call it and still convey the message that the offerings are temporary and special? I seriously have no idea.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Yeah, using the word Limited was a really bad idea. It sounds negative.

A Year of Magical Surprises would have been better.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Yeah, using the word Limited was a really bad idea. It sounds negative.

A Year of Magical Surprises would have been better.
    I'm with you on "limited," but "surprises" doesn't really fit if (Hopefully!) we know when our favorite events are coming. I don't want the Golden Horseshoe Review to be a surprise; I want to plan ahead and make certain I see that at least twice.

I'd prefer a slogan-free year, unless "The Happiest Place on Earth!" isn't too ostentatiously & frequently used. Assume that "Disneyland" is enough of a draw and that a slogan is unnecessary. Then have special events or little touches that are a day, a week or a month long. Post this schedule in advance online.

It's not like Disneyland and Walt Disney World guests eagerly await the marketing department's nondescript slogan each year.
    Four Seasons hotels don't need slogans. And "Disneyland" too is enough if Disney is striving for 5-star quality.

Disneyland

Beautiful word all by itself.

Let half of Disney's marketeers find more useful work, and if they are under contract, let them finish out their contracts as park sweepers or stationed at small information booths like the ones they had at Universal Hollywood last summer. Then they could actually improve the parks.

Do keep & promote those responsible for the month of the Golden Horseshoe Revue!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 05:54 AM.

• Minion

Yeah it's pretty much awful. Makes Disneyland sound like a department store. I mean, we already know that current Disney sees "magic" as a product to be packaged and sold, but here it's like they're not even trying to disguise it in order to make it sound charming or appealing.

MAGIC™! LIMITED TIME ONLY! GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE!*

*limit one (1) Magic™ per person.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast