Al's update about Cars Land

So there is a lot of talk about Al's newest update. Of everything everybody is saying, only 1 thing really surprises me:

"The original concept had a small Woody doll sticking out of the bag, as a sly nod to other Pixar successes. But John Lasseter and Pixar nixed that idea, not wanting to let other stories and characters creep into the Cars Land environment."

That seems wrong to me. I know for a fact, as I have seen them, there are toy Story characters in cars land. In the cozy Cone Motel office you will find Buzz, Hammy, Rex. Also in one of the stores you can see on display the snowman globe from one of the short stories they did.
    So why would they nix adding woody to the display. I think it would be great, I always enjoy looking for "Hidden Mickeys" and other hidden gems around the Disney parks.

I hope John Lasseter isn't trying to stop that tradition....

edit: sorry for the title typo apparently you can't change the title after submitting it.

• Minion

Re: Al's update ablut Cars Land

Surely the mountain of generic merchandise in Cars Land already lets other stories and characters creep in.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    I hope John Lasseter isn't trying to stop that tradition....
    He probably feels that there is enough there already. One has to draw the line somewhere.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    He probably feels that there is enough there already. One has to draw the line somewhere.
    Good point, but I'm surprised they didn't use their own joke with the Cars versions of the Toy Story Characters.

Name:  ToyStoryCars.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  70.4 KB
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Good point, but I'm surprised they didn't use their own joke with the Cars versions of the Toy Story Characters.

Name:  ToyStoryCars.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  70.4 KB
    Well I saw them in the movie and it made sense since they were in a huge crowd. Cozy Cone is much on a smaller scale. Even though it is considered a Hidden Mickey I'm pretty sure John Lasseter is the last person who would put a stop to a tradition (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MARKETING) they want Carsland to be the big star and not have it in a sense become a "Find That Toy" game.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    Even though it is considered a Hidden Mickey I'm pretty sure John Lasseter is the last person who would put a stop to a tradition (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MARKETING)they want Carsland to be the big star and not have it in a sense become a "Find That Toy" game.
    The same way they didn't want a find Jack Sparrow game?

The guys in marketing care about one thing: promoting the Disney brand any way they can. That is why Buena Vista street could not remain the star if the show, why a bakery in a a turn-of-the century small American town has a British nanny running it, and why it is so hard to find land-specific merchandise anymore. if those guys had ther way there would not only be Toy Story nods, but princess, pirate, and Marvel as well. And they wouldn't be subtle either. They would be as in-your-face as Miley's picture on Lincoln.
    Last edited by calsig31; 10-20-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Team Hail HYDRA

I dont like the one disney junk
    but easter eggs are fun

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• I'm from Canada eh!

It's not that big of a deal IMO.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    Well I saw them in the movie and it made sense since they were in a huge crowd. Cozy Cone is much on a smaller scale. Even though it is considered a Hidden Mickey I'm pretty sure John Lasseter is the last person who would put a stop to a tradition (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MARKETING) they want Carsland to be the big star and not have it in a sense become a "Find That Toy" game.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
    I was referring to them as toys in Stanley's bag that was mentioned in Al's report, not full size cars.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.