• Selfie Expert

Closing at 6pm in December?

Sorry if this has been addressed...

I was looking on Touring Plans, and their predicted hours for Dec 10th and 11th are 8am-6pm for Disneyland. This would be AWFUL, seeing as how these are the days I'm bringing a group of first-timers (or haven't-been-in-15-or-more-years-ers), and that would mean we would not even get to enjoy the Christmas lights. Any ideas as to whether this is accurrate and why? Disneyland doesn't have their hours posted yet for these days on their calendar. I've seen rumors about an extra-admission Christmas party, but would this really occur on a Monday and Tuesday in a row?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Re: Closing at 6pm in December?

I think this is a prediction based on last year's hours. They are probably basing it on the cast party times/dates of last year. They did away with the cast parties, so I'm guessing it'll close later. We should know in a couple of weeks when the park hours are posted.

• AKA - DisneyChris

Interesting side note, sort of related. Back in the 70's, when my family and i used to go to the park about once a year, they always would often say "the main gate closes at 6:00," even if the park was open till midnight, and it was very confusing. Once we actually started to leave the park, only to find out it did not close until hours later. They must have confused a lot of people.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
    I think this is a prediction based on last year's hours. They are probably basing it on the cast party times/dates of last year. They did away with the cast parties, so I'm guessing it'll close later. We should know in a couple of weeks when the park hours are posted.
    I agree they probably were guessing at Cast Parties. With the Candlelight Proccesional and Ceremony going nightly I doubt TP is right.

• The doctor is in

It just seems like going to the park during the holidays is becoming less and less appealing.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
    Sad that there aren't cast parties... but selfishly happy that hopefully the prediction is wrong and we will have a full day to enjoy the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    Interesting side note, sort of related. Back in the 70's, when my family and i used to go to the park about once a year, they always would often say "the main gate closes at 6:00," even if the park was open till midnight, and it was very confusing. Once we actually started to leave the park, only to find out it did not close until hours later. They must have confused a lot of people.
    Well, that would be frustrating! I guess it worked in the favor of those who were aware of the actual hours as I'm sure many people left thinking it closed at 6. I sure would be upset if I left early and didn't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I agree they probably were guessing at Cast Parties. With the Candlelight Proccesional and Ceremony going nightly I doubt TP is right.
    That's reassuring. Thank you for the info/input!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    It just seems like going to the park during the holidays is becoming less and less appealing.
    Ahhh come on! I'm especially excited for this trip because I'm bringing newbies. It'll make it brand new for me again.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Ahhh come on! I'm especially excited for this trip because I'm bringing newbies. It'll make it brand new for me again.
    Paying all that money to have to be out of the park by 6 every night? I'll personally be passing. That's hardly long enough for it to get dark.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Selfie Expert

Paying all that money to have to be out of the park by 6 every night? I'll personally be passing. That's hardly long enough for it to get dark.
    Well it's just a prediction of the park hours on those nights, so I'm hoping they aren't accurate. If you change your mind, you're welcome to hang out with the weirdest mix of geek/educated/fun girls you'll ever meet! I'm holding my breath that at least of those nights will be open much later... I don't want to disappoint my friends. That's a bad time of year to close early.

• World Famous Gold Mickey

If Disneyland is closing early on Dec. 10 and 11 then they must have a reason - most likely a private event/private party or some star rented the place out or maybe even fliming. If you are going to be there those days maybe get the park hopper and go to California Adventure after Disneyland or just wonder around Downtown Disney for even it seems to have a nice atomshere to it at X-mas time.
    Gold Mickey says.................
    Check out the California Grand Large Chistmas Tree
    and have dinner at Goofy's Kitchen - they have Characters there.
    I really hope you a good time!

• -

So you're taking the word of an unofficial site when there are no hours posted yet from the official one?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."