View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your Disneyland AP?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, will not be renewing

50 36.76%
  • Yes, will be renewing

46 33.82%
  • I will think about it

32 23.53%
  • Will get an AP at other theme parks

8 5.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Insomniac

Re: POLL -Will YOU be renewing your AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I've been a long time AP holder and I will not be renewing because of the blatant disrespect for the park, its guests, employees, and its founder.
    This.

The price increase was a little shocking, but that's not why I am not renewing. A company that starts ignoring the importance of its employees deserves to fail. Disney will probably continue to make lots of money, but they won't get near as much from me.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

My Deluxe pass expired Oct. 7th and I did not renew. Each year it was a matter of when will it hit the point where I can no longer justify or afford it. I thought I would renew one more year, but my personal finances answered the question for me this year... to much other stuff I need to deal with and hubby might be getting laid off so... Plus I'm totally disenchanted and disgusted with the increase in the upcharges for things that use to be free, like the extra pay to play Christmas parties next year. I'm 110 miles away so in addition to the pass there was gas, motel, etc... I'll go in January/Feb for the MiceChat anniversary but I'll be going on a multi day park hopper. Maybe in a few years I'll get another one... we'll see. But for now, I'm done.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I put "I will think about it" I have been a passholder since 2005, but am thinking of not renewing. I was going to renew for sure, until I saw what they did to the displays at BVS. Made me so sad to see all the wonderfull theming ruined so soon after the re-opening.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Despite the cost increase, the AP still is a fantastic value if you plan on visiting more than once a year. It is still a better value than annual passes for skiing or season tickets to professional sports.

The resort has been a spectacular value in the past and that made it easy to choose to renew for many people (about a million based upon Al's statements). I understand why the decision is harder now for many.

I will renew my pass again come January.
    The Mur

• 7/17/2005 I was there!

I voted to think about it. I've had a year pass off and on since 1990 but since moving up north, I only go to the park two or three times a year and perhaps its time to go back to multi-day park hoppers. I have looked forward to Al's Tuesday updates for years now and I must say, this week's update was so depressing.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

i have been an ap for 4 years and loved every moment of it! me bf and I will not be renewing and will probably attend a halloween/xmas party instead. we will renew again once we are interested enough in the events going on, or for the 60th.

We will be renewing our PAP. We live about 5 miles away and go at least 2-3 times a month in the off season and at least 1-2 times a week in the summer and holiday season. For us it is still a great deal especially with the 20% discount on food and merchandise.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I voted "thinking about it" because we have not planned out our full year yet for 2013. We know we are going to be at DLR in January for the half marathon. If we are planning on going at least two more times that year we will renew. If we wont be going that many minimum times, we wont.

We just renewed ours, as we let them lapse last year when I was pregnant. I doubt we'll be renewing again. Enough is enough with the price jacking. It's crazy.

I currently have a Premium pass, I absolutely loved it when I first got it. Now, with my pass set to expire in a month, I figure I'll just get the lowest level SoCal Select pass and buy APs to all the other Southern California parks with the money I save. I still love the DLR but the greed is becoming quite overwhelming.

When my PAP expires in April I'm going to try a Knott's pass for the first time. After so many years I guess it's just time.

My premium AP just expired last week and I did not renew due to the increase in price.

I will but I have to downgrade

•   

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

I've had a PAP for 7 years, but if the stuff I am hearing about really comes to pass, like all the shortened days and parking not being included, I won't renew. It will break my heart, but I will not allow myself to be ripped off. I like DL the best at night, so if they close early a lot, I'll lose that anyway. Magic Mountain is only a few miles from us, so I guess I would try a pass there. DD really likes it there.

Fluffy Club Member

• Not on the Jedi Council

I got the Ralph's card to pay this year's price ($499) for next year, which will make the 3rd year for me to own one. After this renewal, I doubt I will renew because at this rate, the 2013 rate increase will make the parks $700-$750, and no, the parks are not worth that price to me. Yes, there are cheaper passes, but without parking, a pass is useless IMO, and they price em so that parking is also ridiculously high compared to my $65 Magic Mountain pass and my $150 Universal Hollywood pass, both of which do include parking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast