View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your Disneyland AP?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, will not be renewing

50 36.76%
  • Yes, will be renewing

46 33.82%
  • I will think about it

32 23.53%
  • Will get an AP at other theme parks

8 5.88%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• "I don't like the color"

POLL -Will YOU be renewing your AP?

With the exorbitant prices and extreme marketing and more things such as the holiday offerings being up-charged, will you be renewing your AP? My wife and I will not. Discuss please.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Re: POLL -Will YOU be renewing your AP?

I am not a good example, because we just bought our APs this year before the prices went up. We plan to do 4 more trips this year and then return to our once a year trip.

This one time on Friends . . .

We just let ours lapse this week. The 30% increase, along with other actions by TDA just made it impossible for us to renew. When we became APs, we started to pay attention to what the company is doing. To make the pass cost effective, our plan was to go once a month. We wound up going 14 times in the last year.
    Most of the times that we went, we had wonderful times. Information that we obtained from Micechat has been instrumental in improving the experience. (Thank you all.) At this point, I can probably give a tour that would rival the best Plaid. Armed with that knowledge & experience, I took a good look at the management & the corporation's actions in the last year. These actions have appeared to be aimed at culling the number of pass holders. We are granting their wish.
    We can afford the price increase but the question became whether the pass became a value. Over the last year we spent a good deal of money at the park, always eating there, doing a good deal of retail therapy, not scrimping at any point. My best guess is that Morticia & I spent $3500 over the year. That number does not include the price of the pass. Disney did pretty well.
    Over the year we tried to do a few of the special events. Some were done well like the WOC special event with the glow with the show ears. A book signing that we went to was an abysmal experience. Others fell somewhere in between. At times, I got the feeling that one hand of the management had no idea what the other was trying to do. An example of this is an event that we thankfully did not attend, One more Disney Day.
    One real sticking point to me is the way that the management treats their front line cast members. I feel sorry for them. The termination of the Christmas parties for a money grab special event is inexcusable and aroused my competitive spirit.
    We have not renewed for a number of reasons & will be spending our entertainment money elsewhere. My best guess is the Disneyland will be a yearly destination at Christmastime.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Minion

simple answer yes

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That last option should be expanded to "No but will get an AP at other theme parks" (my option), and "Yes and will get an AP at other theme parks (perhaps other people's option). As it stands I voted no because that answers your question.

To be completely honest I'm strangely really looking forward to the day when my pass expires. Money has been tight for me lately, and my car insurance went up which doesn't help. An AP is a nice thing to have but something has to give. And I can't wait for the extra money to free up so that I can apply it to my bills, and perhaps be able to save a bit for my emergency fund.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Not sure, yet. We've had APs since sometime in the 80s and I'd hate to see them go. However, if the rumors are true about the prices going up again and the Premiums not including parking anymore, then we'll probably have to let them go
    Mike

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I will...but lower pass...only because D23 is next year...and what would i do when im done with that?

I was expecting my current pass to be a one-year-only thing but didn't know I'd get so attached to the Haunted Mansion and that DLR would be a goldmine for Nintendo 3DS StreetPasses, not to mention the unexpected exercise of frequently walking 6-10 miles without even thinking about it (great for my back). I expire in January. We'll see.

• keh!

I will not be renewing. Before the price increase I was already planning on not renewing. This is the 7th year I've had an AP and now that I got to experience Cars Land as well as BVS, I am ready to take a break from the parks. The price increase is just more of a reason to not renew. When the Iron Man attraction, I will see if I get another AP, too early to call. But I will be going back to a once a year visitor. I'm perfectly fine with that : )

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I've been a long time AP holder and I will not be renewing because of the blatant disrespect for the park, its guests, employees, and its founder.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I will not be renewing because of the blatant disrespect for the park, its guests, employees, and its founder.
    Wouldn't you have already done that in 98?

I'm keeping the passes. Not only do we save a lot on food and merchandise but every now and then we can treat the kids to a spontaneous trip to the parks.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Wouldn't you have already done that in 98?
    Considering I was 12 years old at the time, no.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Where is the "Yes, because my love for Disneyland is overpowering my financial situation!" Most likely for me, LOL,
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• former CM

Disneymike, why do I have to choose between yes, no, and will get an AP at another theme park? You can create polls where people can choose more than one option like this current poll about which 360 Circlevision films they'd like to see: Which restored Circlevision films would you like to see?

We just took two years off from Disneyland APs and during that time we had about a dozen fun visits to Knott's (See thread on Knott's tips. Link: Knott's Berry Farm (not Scary Farm) tips) and memberships to S.F.'s wonderful Exploratorium and the Santa Barbara Zoo, plus trips to NYC & camping in Yosemite. We still have a visit left on our Costco Universal Hollywood 5 visits for $59 cards which we'll use during Grinchmas. (At Costco the Universal Hollywood 5 visits passes have been replaced by a Universal Hollywood APs for--I think--$69.)

After our current Disneyland APs expire, we'll take a Disney cruise and, unless it continues to decline, we'll visit Disney World. (I often omit the Walt because I'm not sure it's worthy.
    How about Walt Disneyland in Anaheim, Walt Disneyland Tokyo,
    and Disney World, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland;
    the latter three being unworthy of the "Walt."
    Nah.)

We MIGHT get Disneyland APs again for one year around 2015, and we might get Universal Hollywood APs if the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is 2/3rds as excellent as the one in Orlando. If it's even better than the one on Orlando, I'll encourage Micechat to change its name! I hope Disneyland will still have special deals to visit the parks 2 or 3 times.

I don't have sympathy for those who can no longer afford Disneyland's Deluxe or Premium APs. When I'm emperor, no one will be allowed more than four days in Disneyland's two parks in one year (& no parkhopping) and if any of you wake me up while I'm sleeping in MY Dream Suite or eating in MY Club 33 you'll ride Small World 3 times in a row and never visit Disneyland (renamed Sinskyland) again. Banishment from Disneyland will also be a punishment for tailgating drivers, btw. I hate them.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: to add links

• formerly very helpful

It breaks my heart, but no. Just can't afford it anymore. Hopefully someday we can do it again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast