Mickey's Halloween Party October 19th!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures (I'm not really the picture taking person).

I bought tickets for the Halloween Party right after they went on sale in July, and I was really looking forward to it all summer. I really wanted to go on Ghost Galaxy, see Halloween Screams, and meet some of the rare characters (Frollo, Maleficent, Dr. Facilier, and Wendy). I was expecting the crowds to be fairly manageable and the lines to be pretty short. Well, as September and October came around and people started saying how overcrowded and chaotic the party was, I really started to get worried that I wasted my money and stuck with non-refundable tickets. As I pulled up to Mickey and Friends at about 3:25, my worries were justified as I looked to see that they had already closed it off and the structure was filled to the top. I was directed to the Convention Center, but all in all it was probably quicker then the trams anyways. I got there about 10 minutes before 4, and the line of people waiting to get into the party stretched almost to the middle of esplanade. Per tradition, I walked up to the train station to take a Grand Circle Tour, but the line for both sides of the train stretched into and almost outside of the station. I was thinking, "great...you know it's crowded when the line for the TRAIN is this long." After I got off I was walking down Main Street to wait in the outrageously long line for Space Mountain when a guy came up and gave me his extra fastpass! Bypassing the 85 minute wait, I got on Space Mountain in about 5 minutes. I had gone on Ghost Galaxy last year and was pretty disappointed, but they must have spruced things up a bit this year because it was SO much better! Thinking of what I should do with all the extra time I had before the party started, I just headed into Fantasyland and rode Snow White , Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Alice, before heading over to the bathrooms next to Alice in Wonderland. I didn't plan on going on the Matterhorn, but seeing that the line didn't stretch to the bathrooms I walked over to see how long the line was, and to my surprise it was only to about where Tomorrowland side splashdown was. The line was about 15 minutes before I got seated in the front. After reading reviews about the new bobsleds, I was expecting the worst, but I must say that the new bobsleds (even without padded seats) are SUCH an improvement over the old ones. The party was going to start in about a half hour so I headed into Frontierland to sit around and wait for Peter Pan and Wendy. Even at 6:30, they were already blocking off parts of the park for regular guests without wristbands, and this included Thunder Mountain. I walked over to see that Thunder Mountain was literally a walk-on...NOBODY was in line. I got on and sat in the back, and I there was probably only 5 rows filled with people before they let the train go. When we got back to the station there was still nobody in line and they asked us if we wanted to go again, so I did, and by the time I got off a line had already started accumulating for Peter Pan and Wendy so I got in that line. Peter Pan, Wendy, and Hook came at about 7 PM sharp and I only had to wait about 5 minutes before getting there autographs! Great 2/6 of my priorities (Space Mtn. and Wendy) for the night had been done...and it wasn't even 7:15 yet! Reaching Town Square to meet some of the villains, I saw that there was only about 5-7 groups waiting to meet Jafar and Cruella, but Dr. Facilier had no line at all! I walked right up to him without waiting in any line, and just as I got his autograph, Frollo, Malificent, and the Evil Queen came in a carriage, while Jafar, Facilier, and Cruella left. Frollo replaced Jafar, and I guess most of the people in line wanted to see Jafar and not Frollo, so about 3/4 of the (already short) line left. When I got in line to see Frollo there was only 2 groups in front of me, so the wait for him was also less than 5 minutes. I proceeded to meet Maleficent and the Queen before going off to go on some rides. Almost EVERY ride in Tomorrowland was a walk on except for Space Mountain which had a 30 minute wait, so I went on Star Tours, the subs, then Matterhorn again, Small World, and Mr. Toad. They started clearing out Fantasyland for the fireworks at about 9, so I went to Main Street to get a good spot, but it looked like I was the first one waiting to get a good spot! The fireworks went off without a hitch and I just went around the park enjoying the small crowds and walk-on rides (went on BTM 3 times, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and the Matterhorn again in a little over an hour) while also fitting in time to meet Jack Sparrow, Winnie the Pooh, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Jack Skellington, and Sally. Just as I was leaving about 11:45, Haunted Mansion Holiday re-opened from technical difficulties, so I walked on that one in as well before leaving.

After being worried about having to face the hell that a lot of people where saying previous parties were, I was really pleasantly surprised about how small the crowds were and how well Disneyland organized the party! I would definitely do it again next year if the crowds are like this again!

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party October 19th!

Finally, some good news. I'm heading out there next weekend and will enjoy the Halloween party Monday 29th. Hope the crowds are as manageable. Can't wait. Nice report!

• Not So New Member

Great report!! Any pics of characters to share?
    disney lady

Quote Originally Posted by disney lady View Post
    Great report!! Any pics of characters to share?
    I don't have any pics of characters, but I the ones I remember seeing were...
    At the villains meet & greet- Frollo, the Evil Queen, Jafar, Dr. Facilier, Maleficent, and Cruella.
    Walking around Main Street- Queen of Hearts, Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters
    Innoventions- Phineas, Ferb, and Parry the Platypus
    Star Tours FP/ Green Men Store Command- Stormtroopers
    Tomorrowland Dance Party- Buzz Lightyear, Green Army Men
    Pirate Warf- Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Jack Sparrow
    Aladdin's Oasis- Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie
    New Orleans Square- Jack & Sally
    Critter Country- Pooh (I think Tigger was there too sometime during the night but I only saw Pooh)
    I think Merida and the Princesses were in the Small World area but I didn't go back there.

• I love that tiny bear!

Glad you had such a great time! I expected light crowds when I went in 2010 and was very disappointed by how busy the park was. But my brother, who hadn't been to the park in years and happened to hit different areas of the park, thought crowds were great!

Some is luck--that HM breakdown was great for you but not so great for people who may have waited 15 minutes+ to ride, only to be turned away. But I think a lot is expectations. If you figure the park will be insanely crowded and it's just regular busy, you'll think it was great. If you expect the park to be uncrowded and it's regular busy, you'll be disappointed.

So I'm still telling myself it is going to be insanely crowded this year.