Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• World of Color

Thumbs up Soarin over California 2.0

Sorin over California is one of the few rides that have not been updated or completly change since California Adventure opened in 2001. Here are some ideas.

The queue: It would mostly stay the same but with updated information and updated pictures.
    The Ride: Update everything inside the ride. That includes the sound system and of course but new screens up. The ride scenes would be the same but updated pictures. And in the final scene instead of bieng Disneyland at christmas time. It would be California Adventure during christmas time with the World of Color fountains in the background.

Re: Soarin over California 2.0

I dont think they should "update" the pictures in the queue. Those are amazing pictures of aeronautical history.

They are going to update is though. They are making a Soarin' over the World
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Disneyland Original '55

I think that they don't even need to make it Christmas time, if they brought the electric light parade on main street and had the WOC fountians/madTparty going a shot covering Disney California Adventure into Disneyland up to the fireworks would be really beautiful, with no Christmas necessary. But it still is fun seeing Its A Small World lit up, so who know maybe they could project on it to make it brighter for filming. It would be cool to have the pan cross paradise bay up and over into cars land then around tower, up to buena vista street than across the hub down main street and up the the fireworks.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Down Pluto!

Same pictures? No. They need a new film entirely - not one with jump cuts that destroys the sense you are actually flying. Transitions, transitions, transitions!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• former CM

Sambo, I'm used to jump cuts, and I'd like Soarin' energy & money invested into making four new films that would rotate around the Disney parks after each hosts it's home film for three years: a Soarin' over the USA for WDW shot in the other 49 states, and a Soarin' Over Europe, Japan & China film in 3D for the other resorts. (One of the China films can be pirated from the other one.)

If they are hang gliders and we want to cover hundreds of miles in a few minutes, jump cuts are the only option unless our vehicles have jets that soar up after each lower flyover. It would be educational to fly up so high we can see the whole state, country or
    (European) continent and impose map outlines along with place names on the area we are about to zoom down on. But I'd prefer sticking with jump cuts. Maybe have one film every day where the gliders crash for verisimilitude.

P.S. Hey Disney World visitors, did you know that WDW's Soarin' is (except for a glimpse of Nevada in the Lake Tahoe skiing scene) shot entirely in California? Please do two things:
    1. Visit California to experience many of the actual places you soared over. Spend money here.
    2. Demand a "Soarin' Over the USA" at WDW so I have another reason to visit and spend $ in Florida.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Sambo, I'm used to jump cuts, and I'd like Soarin' energy & money invested into making four new films that would rotate around the Disney parks after each hosts it's home film for three years: a Soarin' over the USA for WDW shot in the other 49 states, and a Soarin' Over Europe, Japan & China film in 3D for the other resorts. (One of the China films can be pirated from the other one.)

If they are hang gliders and we want to cover hundreds of miles in a few minutes, jump cuts are the only option unless our vehicles have jets that soar up after each lower flyover. It would be educational to fly up so high we can see the whole state, country or
    (European) continent and impose map outlines along with place names on the area we are about to zoom down on. But I'd prefer sticking with jump cuts. Maybe have one film every day where the gliders crash for verisimilitude.
    It takes little to zoom into a cloud or to nose up so the horizon is below screen. There are simple transition effects to make a semi-believeable flight. But sailing over a river and then BAM! you are on a snowy mountain detracts from the experience IMHO. The visual transition makes the moving of hundreds of miles believeable where a jump cut destroys believability. Jump cuts are in this environment - just lazy.

I do see your point though.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Maybe have one film every day where the gliders crash for verisimilitude.
    Or even a near miss would be fun!

• "I don't like the color"

[QUOTE=Sambo;1056855359]It takes little to zoom into a cloud or to nose up so the horizon is below screen. There are simple transition effects to make a semi-believeable flight. But sailing over a river and then BAM! you are on a snowy mountain detracts from the experience IMHO. The visual transition makes the moving of hundreds of miles believeable where a jump cut destroys believability. Jump cuts are in this environment - just lazy.

I do see your point though.

Or even a near miss would be fun![/QUOTE]

Even though it's Universal, I would love to see Bruce the shark come up and grab one of the surfers....
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• Minion

I feel like we won't see an update for Soarin for a couple of years. With the new additions to DCA it's bringing people who probably have never visited before. I think they should do a new movie in 3D. That would be amazing! I know the 3D thing is used a lot around the resort, but I've felt that of all the rides Soarin makes the most sense. The 3d glasses could be "goggles" for flight.
    Jeff Wayne

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Same pictures? No. They need a new film entirely - not one with jump cuts that destroys the sense you are actually flying. Transitions, transitions, transitions!
    Right there with ya. The transitions are disjointed and could be done a lot better.

Probably just time for a new movie, anyways. It's a freakin' theater, this shouldn't involve a lot of retooling, just a new feature.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I feel like we won't see an update for Soarin for a couple of years. With the new additions to DCA it's bringing people who probably have never visited before. I think they should do a new movie in 3D. That would be amazing! I know the 3D thing is used a lot around the resort, but I've felt that of all the rides Soarin makes the most sense. The 3d glasses could be "goggles" for flight.
    I would also like to see them give Soarin' a shot at 3D, I think it could nicely enhance the depth of the film, although I have no idea if converting it to a 3D format would be difficult or not. I don't know much about how the current system works for the film.

I personally don't want to see a Soarin' Over the World, I think that there are plenty of places in California that you can still showcase. How many different theaters are there? I know that there's a least two different ones. It would be nice if they could have different sequences of clips for the different screens so it wouldn't always be the exact same experience.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    . . . 3D. That would be amazing! . . . The 3d glasses could be "goggles" for flight.
    Good idea!

• Team Hail HYDRA

I've thought that before
    i wonder if it would work at different angles and an inverted ominmax screen(the dome)

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by D3COY View Post

They are going to update is though. They are making a Soarin' over the World
    Soarin' over the world is just a rumor.

Though I'd be glad to see updates to the screens... tho the besides the bad screens I hope the imagery stays the same... besides the ending, I think they should do a fly over the resort, then zoom in towards DCA and finish at world of color!!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    ... zoom in towards DCA and finish at world of color!!
    Splashdown!

• Nic

Soarin' Over the World would be just another jab at the already-declining California presence in California ​Adventure. All Soarin' needs is a little TLC, and it'll be back to good in no time.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast