Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 1st at Christmas any tips/must see/do welcome!!! :)

Thanks again to everyone for their wonderful suggestions!!!!!!!

ROFL A race to candycanes? Wow! I'm not very good at the run and shove thing... I guess I'll just skip that. ROFL But thank you for letting me know!

Do the Mickey Mouse Ears for Christmas change each year or are they the same?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangel View Post
    Do the Mickey Mouse Ears for Christmas change each year or are they the same?
    There are a lot of styles. I'm sure the least popular ones die off, but the ones that sell well stick around longer.

Do they have a giant Christmas tree? Where is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    There are a lot of styles. I'm sure the least popular ones die off, but the ones that sell well stick around longer.

I think thats true with all Disney stuff. :P
    For the love of Disney....

20 more days until my Disneyland Christmas begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hello Dolly.

Where is the best place to see the snow? And is it with a show or?
    I'd say near the end of Main Street. So many people try to go as close to the castle, but trees and crowds make it a little difficult. I prefer going near the end of Main Street, a bit behind the last few buildings. That way you get a pretty clear view & when the snow falls & the Christmas music is playing, you will already be on Main Street (which I feel is the best place to see the snow). It's a truly magical experience. Fireworks play first and the snow follows right after.
    Best places to eat on a budget?
    On the first day especially, we plan on just crossing the street and just hitting Dennys or McDonalds. Idk if you prefer those but they are cheap. There's also a Subway, iHop, Korean place, a decent buffet, & a pizza place not much further down the street. Plan is to mostly do those the first day, & the last day we are splurging all the money we saved up lol. Kind of like a food investment while on vacation. Inside the parks you won't really find anything cheap unfortunately but I'm sure places like Rancho del Zocalo can fill two people up with those burritos.

I've never been to Carsland, so any suggestions on that is greatly welcome for that too!
    Hit the fastpass line & go straight to the line. It might already have a pretty long wait.
    If you are okay with about 40minute waits & like to ride the ride more than once, I'd say hit the ride first, then fastpass. Depending on how you time between the first ride & getting the fastpass, you can get a nighttime fastpass. The ride is even more gorgeous at night.

We also made lunch reservations for Blue Bayou, another first for us!!! We decided to split a lunch, so we can afford it. Any tips for something not to miss there?
    When checking in ask for a seat near the water. It's always fun sitting close to there. Food, I say go something cheap because the food is okay, but the unlimited bread & butter was delicious lol.

Other things I love to do during Christastime...

Go to It's A Small World. I've personally skipped the ride for many years now, but the projections on the facade during Christmas are amazing. The ride changes for the holidays as well so worth checking out.

Nightmare before Christmas!

Look for carolers around the park. Last year I believe they were at Grand California Hotel but I believe they change them each year. I'm sure someone will post their main whereabouts.

Also relaxing at the fire place at GCH. The hotel is also really decked out for Christmas & the wilderness design of the hotel just makes you feel more cozy during the holidays.

Also the new offerings this year like the decorations in BVS, or Santa's Jamboree sound like a good treat. I can't wait to check them out myself.

• Under that tree again!

Do they have a giant Christmas tree? Where is it located?
    Yes a few. One in Town Square as you go through the tunnels into DL you will see it. One in Carthay Circle, once under the Hyperion Bridge you will see this main one in DCA, they still have the old main one in DCA too, near the little Mermaid. You will find hundreds of other christmas trees and wreaths, particularily in DL where Chrismas is celebrated like no other place on earth.

• Sock Puppet

yea it's funny how DCA has two trees .. DL has one. i have always loved the giant red and gold ball tree near californian screamin in DCA..

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

Oh!! not to miss! i don't know if someone already said this.. but the grand californian hotel aka GCH has SANTA, you can get your photo taken for FREE with a photo pass CM and they have a GORGEOUS tree btw..don't miss it!! Also for a relaxing break, GCH has a lounge you can get irish coffee or hot chocolate or what ever floats your christmas trees and then relax by the giant fire

YOu really want to pay attention to detail, there is just a ton of christmas decor all around the park..

Wow! Wow! Thanks guys!

I had thought of maybe grabbing a sandwich on the way into disneyland from Subway? Would I be allowed to bring it through the gate?

I've never done Fast Passes before, is there a way to get a FP for a specific time? Like, if I want to see it at night time? Can I choose a time?

I had never thought of going into the GCH before this thread. I always just thought of it as a hotel and if you weren't a guest you couldn't go there. But everything you guys have been describing makes it sound like the perfect Christmas card picture! I'm so excited to see it!!!!!! and you can actually have your picture taken with Santa? How cool is that??????????????

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I can barely wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sock Puppet

Wow! Wow! Thanks guys!

I had thought of maybe grabbing a sandwich on the way into disneyland from Subway? Would I be allowed to bring it through the gate?

I've never done Fast Passes before, is there a way to get a FP for a specific time? Like, if I want to see it at night time? Can I choose a time?

I had never thought of going into the GCH before this thread. I always just thought of it as a hotel and if you weren't a guest you couldn't go there. But everything you guys have been describing makes it sound like the perfect Christmas card picture! I'm so excited to see it!!!!!! and you can actually have your picture taken with Santa? How cool is that??????????????

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I can barely wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    okay 1st, yes you can bring your subway sandwich into the park, you cannot bring things to make a sandwich though.

2nd no you cannot chose your FP time, it's what ever is on the board that's the time you get.

3rd anyone and everyone is allowed to go into the GCH, they have a gorgeous lobby.u need to check it out..

• Under that tree again!

There is a Subway at the corner of Harbor and Katella. Also a McDonalds about 200 feet to the north on Harbor from the resort entrance. Coupon for that McDs. Anaheim/Orange County Visitor Coupons | Anaheim/Orange County - Visitor Information

FPs have on them a return window. As the day goes on and more and more people get FP for an attraction the return window advances. You can't use the FP before the window opens, but currently can use it after the windows opens and closes. So in a sense you have a choose of when to use them.

We Love the GCH! It's a HUGE loby with plenty of couches to sleep onrest your feet.
    There's a fireplace with rocking chairs and a story teller for little kids. There's a massive Christmas tree in the center, a pianist playing Christmas tunes, and St Nick makes an appearance from time to time for pictures. Stop by the Hearthstone Lounge in the corner of the lobby for hot cocoa or something stronger.

I've heard the Earl of Sandwich in DTD is not incredibly expensive. You could bring that in.
    Speaking of DTD, there are a ton of lights and decor there as well.

Just relax and enjoy it. There's so much. Disneyland is great already but during Christmas they really kick it up a notch.

With kind regards,
    The Tony

Ah, ok, I see about the FP. I think it would be cool to see the RSR at night, everyone seems to think it's very special. Do you think it's one of those experiences where I should do it early and late? Or is it just best at night?

I've been telling my SIL all about the GCH and how lovely it will be to visit! We're so excited! Hot coco/fireplace/etc......... Oh my, could it get any better?????????

Thanks for the tip on the coupons!!!!!!!

I've never been to DTD either. I thought it was just a regular shopping mall and movie theatre. So I never went over there.... But if it's all decorated! Cool!

I have another question..... I’ve heard something about a Candlelight procession? Is that the parade or something else?

And now it's only 17 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from my trip and had to tell you all thank you so much for your wonderful advice!!!!!! I had a great time!!!!!!!

The Blue Bayou's Monte Cristo sandwich was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!!!!!! That was an awesome tip and asking for an extra plate what a money saver! So, I was really able to go and experience it at a price I could afford!

I was so in love with Christmas music playing everywhere in the park and the decorations were so festive!

And the Castle all lit up? All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

IASW was way more amazing than my imagination could think up! So awesome!

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I just wanted to thank all of you for your wonderful suggestions that made my first Christmas at Disneyland so special!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123