Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Sock Puppet

Re: Saturday October 20th 2012 (Why was Dland so packed?)

I think Mr. Wiggins slammed one out of the park here, I see it happen on a daily basis, every that time someone pulls money out and shows it to a cashier that person is basically letting disney know their greed and coruption is fine by them and if they'd like they can continue to boast pricing, its alright cause they'll be back for more, its a high cost for cheap thrills, disney does it cause they know the Johnson family will be back in a few months to empty out their wallets once again

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post

It did appear thought that Disney Land Management had not staffed the park appropriately for the higher attendance levels. It appeared that there were fewer Cast Members in all areas, notably parking garage, trams, ticket booths, front gate, even crowd control.
    THIS. This is making an 8 feel like a 10. It makes a 3 feel like a 7. It makes a 2 feel like 6.

They are not properly staffing the park. It has been a hot topic for me since I got back a few weeks ago. It really ticks me off something fierce! It, IMO, is the root of many problems at the resort. It makes for poor CS from CM (some of whom are on the brink of giving bad CS already) and compounds already existing bad CS.

Lines for 40 min for POTC? That is so wrong.

---------- Post added 10-22-2012 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Disney is suffering no financial shortfall, they're simply maximizing profits. Shortstaffing, like stocking their stores with cheap generic merchandise, is part of their ongoing business model of increasing prices and lowering spending. They'll continue doing so as long as hundreds of thousands of customers continue telling them it's OK by pulling out their wallets and spending, spending, spending.

So true.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

I was there Saturday, October 13, and, crowd-wise, it was miserable. Park-hopping was a horrible experience as lines to get out of and into both parks were extremely long. I waited a half hour in line to buy a shirt in New Orleans Square because there was one cashier, and she was slow, talkative and not in any hurry to move the line along.

I figured the parks would be crowded, but this was unlike anything I've experienced in recent years. It had a real effect on my whole trip. I've been visiting the resort yearly for the last few years, but as of now I have no plans to return for the foreseeable future.

Could be people staying another day who came for the Halloween party. Thats what we did. It was a bit crowded Saturday, didn't get on much due to the lines.

• phbbbbbt

We were there sat, first trip in four years, and honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. Yeah, the line was 40-60 min for Splash, Mansion, Star Tours, and Pirates, but really, it's always been like that. I'm 43, grew up going to the park just about every year, and Pirates was a 40 min line when I was a kid.

The only time we had crowd issues was in New Orleans Sq before Fantasmic, and of course, Main St just before fireworks. Again, normal.
    xo, Deanna

Part of the reason might also have been the weather. I know I'm not the only local who has been waiting for the fall weather to arrive, and I bet that might have driven several others to go, rather than a few weeks ago when it still felt very summer-y

Thumbs down Re: Saturday October 20th 2012 (Why was Dland so packed?)

I am so glad someone posted this. I thought it was just me and now realize it wasn't!

The waits were very bad. 40 minutes for Monsters Inc bad! I know someone posted about the waits for the e-tickets being 40-60 minutes.....I was there from 10 am to 2 pm and the waits were way beyond that then.

I do not think it was all Utah folks that invaded, nor was it all to be blamed on understaffing- there were plenty of turnstiles open when we hopped to California Adventure and the lines from Disneyland and California Adventure almost met each other.

I was planning on spending the entire day with my family and we left. We had not desire to stand in a long line for ice cream or soft pretzels, much less lunch. We decided to leave the parks for good and enjoy lunch off property.

My pass expires soon and I will not be renewing it. I can't remember the last time I went where it was managable. Good for Disney, bad for me I guess.

p.s. I was also there on Wednesday evening and it was more crowded than a normal Wednesday night. People all over walkways and long lines for rides. Buzzkill.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by fluffatu View Post
    The waits were very bad. 40 minutes for Monsters Inc bad!
    We walked onto Monsters Inc yesterday morning. And only had about a 15 min wait for Buzz saturday morning while waiting for our Star Tours FP time. Worst wait was Radiator Springs, it was just over 1 1/2 hours. And Mansion saturday, but we expected that because of the overlay. We were there sat from about 9:30 am till 11:30 pm, and at DCA sunday from 10 am till 9:30 pm.

---------- Post added 10-22-2012 at 01:54 PM ----------

And before we got on Buzz, we did the full loop of the train, stood in line on Main St to meet Mickey, and had all four of our silhouettes done, so it's not like we were ahead of the crowd, we blew over an hour on Main St.
    xo, Deanna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12