Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Best Queue in Disneyland/DCA

I vote for Haunted Mansion. Ever since I was a little kid I have considered this to be the best-themed queue in the park.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I like the Jungle Cruise queue a little bit more than the Indy queue. The JC queue has a lot of great details which make it feel like they actually run tours out of there, plus you got the music (when they run the loop), the action of watching the boats load, and the Dominguez palm tree.

Indy's queue is good, but I feel that it really needs a refurb, (especially the load area), and with Fast Pass you miss a lot of the interesting stuff.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The best line ( i refuse to use queue in America :P) is easily Indy and Roger Rabbit.
    It depends on which line you are talking about Fastpass v Standby. If it is standby, then I would have to disagree with you about Indy. The standby line is horrible. It is always at least an hour wait and gets backed up by fastpass people, especially when people are returning with expired fastpasses.

Now the queue for that line is one of the best ever designed and really makes the line feel like it is immersing itself in an anchient temple.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Your Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    BEST

DL
    = Indy. ( This was ahead of it's time and the standard I hold all other queues up to. ENTERTAIN ME while I'm standing on my feet for 90 minutes waiting, eh?! )

DCA = Muppet Show ( It's not a big line but it's interesting. The frosted glass doors, the sounds of things going on behind, the pre-show waiting area... I could stand there and look at that pre-show room for far longer than the waiting requires. )

WORST

DL = Peter Pan. ( I love the ride but of the 5 dark rides in/near the castle this is the one with consistently the longest <45 min avg> wait. There's really nothing to be done about that wait, but it's amplified when you're in a queue of switchbacks and chains that some kid is almost always swinging on while his parents don't care. )

DCA = Soarin'. ( The corrugated metal walls, the static pics,... <Yawn> It's like I'm in the lobby of a steakhouse or something. It's monotonous and boring and could use something interactive to remind me that I'm in a Disney park. Hard to believe this line was created AFTER the queue for Indiana Jones. )
    I agree with you on everything except Soarin'. It should be better, but I give that distinction to Mickey's Fun Wheel.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

•   

Fair enough, I never rode it. I'd probably change my list to fit yours if I'd ever been on it. Maybe I'll wait for the Fun Wheel next time just so I can say I share your suffering. ;-)
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I always vote for Indy's queue. Even though we have to miss half of it with the handicap entrance, it is still is awesome!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• The doctor is in

The best queues in Disneyland are Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

The best in DCA are Toy Story Mania (primarily because of the giant Mr. Potato Head), Monsters Inc, and Radiator Springs Racers.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Disneyland History Lover

At Disneyland, I think Indy is the clear winner. However, Star Tours also has a fabulous queue. Jungle Cruise's is great. Tiki Room's is awesome what with the preshow. And I do like Space Mountain's too.

At DCA, Racers is the best. I like part of the Soarin' queue where you walk in and see all the aviation photos. That's actually one of the more educational type queues, which I think is great. However, the outdoor portion (and especially the indoor portion after the aviation section... which is sorely lacking in theme), needs some work.

• Hello Dolly.

In Disneyland I've always enjoyed waiting in line for Big Thunder & Jungle Cruise. Both queues really get me in the mood for the ride & move fast so it's always enjoyable.

At DCA It's Tough to Be a Bug takes the win for me!

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    In Disneyland I've always enjoyed waiting in line for Big Thunder & Jungle Cruise. Both queues really get me in the mood for the ride & move fast so it's always enjoyable.

At DCA It's Tough to Be a Bug takes the win for me!
    Totally forgot about It's Tough to Be a Bug, it is an amazing queue.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

I like that Indiana Jones is interactive in parts without being electronic!

• Blue Skywalker

Favorite: Indy and Tower
    Efficient: Haunted Mansion and Screamin'

The best queue in Disneyland has to be Indiana Jones. It really feels like you've gone deep into a massive temple. The level of detail and all the interactive elements is a true imagineering masterpiece. I really hate the fast pass line because you blow by all the details that help create the mood and set up the ride. Honorable mention would be Splash Mountain.
    At DCA I'd have to say Tower of Terror. I haven't been in Cars Land yet, so I can't pick that one. Tower of Terror really does a great job with story telling, music, time period, and just that feeling of dread. It really feels like the movie "The Shinning".
    For most efficient, I'd have to say Pirates at Disneyland, and Mermaid at DCA.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Don't forget that Indy is down intill the earlest mid-December. We might see an update and and upgrade due to them having to put all new wiring in for Next Gen fastpass system. Also you mean the upstairs portion of the Jungle Cruise down stairs is probaly most effecent.

---------- Post added 10-25-2012 at 12:31 AM ----------

I feel like in both parks that TOT as well as Indy are the best themed inside ques where outside would have to be RSR and Haunted Mansion. The most effecent line ques would be Little Mermaid now that they got rid of some of the poles and repaced them with chains (and compared to the carbon copy at florida, DCAs que is incredibly effecent) also Matterhorn where no mater the length of the ride on either side you can just jump the rope to get to the end of the line. Roger Rabit is a nice line que if the ride is a 45 minute wait, if it is 10 than you just had to walk the entire line que just to get to the end of the line and there is no exceptions to that.

I think Indy is the best overall. However, I don't like how you can see the people exiting the ride to your left as you are entering. It totally ruins the effect. They need to fill in the wall in between the entrance and the exit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123