• AKA - DisneyChris

Random Acts of Disney - Small touches that add to the magical experience.

Noticed a few smaller scale entertainment extras in the parks lately that are pure classic Disney fun, not too flashy, but just those little extra unexpected surprises that can really add the magical experience felt in Disney parks, that set it apart from others. The Conductor Goofy show at DCA and Minnie's Flight School also at DCA stand out for me. These are not major productions, but are great, small scale fun, and for me, are even better than some of the flashier larger scale Las Vegasy type offerings. I hope to see more like this in the future. I am calling them "Random Acts of Disney" I vote for more of these "Random Acts of Disney" and calling them this because they are not based on the latest film, or meant to promote something new, they are just classic Disney moments revisited, with fun, as the only purpose behind them; a little something extra and not expected.

If anyone spots any more Random Acts of Disney, please report back to us here. Lets keep this thread open for any such findings.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• world class bilge rat

Re: Random Acts of Disney - Small touches that add to the magical experience.

I like Disneys attention to detail. Even detail that very few people would notice.

For example, I've yet to actually see this but somewhere in Carsland there is a working model of a typical V8 automotive engine. There was a thread about this a while ago, and it included a video of the spark plugs lighting up.

Being somewhat of a motorhead, I couldn't help but notice that the order in which the plugs lit up was indeed the correct firing order for one side of a typical V8 engine from the 60s / 70s.

It always impresses me when someone takes the time and effort to ensure that stuff like this is completely accurate, right down to the last detail.

Rob

^^ This is at Flo's V8 cafe. It's the lighting outside on top of the seating area.

• DLR Cast Member

There's a little light show at Pixie Hollow in Disneyland - happens about every 15 minutes once it gets dark. Charming, someone spent a lot of time to create this - and it's not listed anywhere that I know of. Best viewed from the small walkway from the Hub/Fantasyland area to Tomorrowland that passes Pixie Hollow.

Here was a recent one for me: My daughter and I were leaving the Halloween Carnival just as the ranch hands were about to herd the petting zoo goats backstage for the night. The fiddler who sometimes plays out in front of the petting zoo noticed what was about to happen and decided to add a little musical accompaniment:

• AKA - DisneyChris

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Here was a recent one for me: My daughter and I were leaving the Halloween Carnival just as the ranch hands were about to herd the petting zoo goats backstage for the night. The fiddler who sometimes plays out in front of the petting zoo noticed what was about to happen and decided to add a little musical accompaniment:

That is a perfect "Random Act of Disney" - love it.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• formerly very helpful

Just the live entertainment I've been noticing lately in DCA. There is the guy who plays music near Grizzly River Rapids. Nice stuff. Also, the eating area in DCA near Goofy's Flight School. They regularly have different bands performing. Sometimes I just like to sit there and listen, even when I don't have food.

There is the flag ceremony, and the lighting of cars land (still haven't see that yet). The band that plays over in paradise pier is great, they even took some requests for some stuff. My only complaint about DCA is the horrible parades , Pheanis and Pherb and high school musical stuff.