View Poll Results: Should they have an Oswald costumed character?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

38 80.85%
  • no

9 19.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

Do you think they should bring in an Oswald the Rabbit full size character to walk around the parks?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Nic

Re: Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

Only in Buena Vista Street, or in front of the Main Street Cinema.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

yes in bvs

• -

Not really. I think they are going too overboard with Oswald.
    Last edited by calsig31; 10-21-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Heavy Breather

What Cheshire said.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• AKA - DisneyChris

Speaking of the Main Street Cinema, it would be cool if they showed some Oswald cartoons there instead of the Mickey ones. Would be a nice change, and would fit the theme perfectly. They could still show Steamboat Willie, but the other screens could be replaced by Oswald Cartoons. Yes or No?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• My Children's Father

Yes. And Al Michaels should be banned from the ESPN Zone.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Yes. And Al Michaels should be banned from the ESPN Zone.
    Wow very funny
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

I think it would be fun to see him around Main Street or in BVS or Hollywood Land.

I'd also LOVE to see a pie-eyed Mickey walking around.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Only in Buena Vista Street, or in front of the Main Street Cinema.
    I wish you worked for Disney.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Oswald is an interesting part of Walt's past...a lesson he learned about business and a catalyst that sent him out west to really "start it all". I don't think he needs to become a M&G character however. Still, I would not freak out about it if they did indeed do it and kept to around BVS.

• Ossumpossum

No, thank you.
    Oswald's getting enough attention as it is. Though he is an interesting part of Walt's past, people are acting like he's the new Mickey or something.

I don't even understand his presence in BVS. If this is supposed to be like 'when Walt stepped off the train. . .etcetc' then why is Oswald there. He had to leave Oswald behind to pursue better things that were actually his own . . .

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
    No, thank you.
    Oswald's getting enough attention as it is. Though he is an interesting part of Walt's past, people are acting like he's the new Mickey or something.

I don't even understand his presence in BVS. If this is supposed to be like 'when Walt stepped off the train. . .etcetc' then why is Oswald there. He had to leave Oswald behind to pursue better things that were actually his own . . .
    This, exactly. He as a shop in Buena Vista Street and a ridiculous ear hat. I really think any more would be overkill for a character that is little more than a side note in Disney history.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

I don't see the harm in welcoming Oswald. It is a triumph for the Disney company to get him back, he helped shape Walt's vision and was a step on the road to Mickey...why not? As to being a footnote, there are rides at the park based on films that most guests don't know, like Splash Mountain/Song of the South or Mr. Toad, and there are so many characters at the parks that are "minor" but beloved; IMHO there's no reason not to add one more. I'm also glad when I see a bit of the company's past being celebrated--like it's cool that they've had Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar out this year. I'd rather see Oswald brought forward than some direct-to-DVD Fairy Princess Exactly Like the Other 1000000 Fairy Princesses.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I don't see the harm in welcoming Oswald. It is a triumph for the Disney company to get him back, he helped shape Walt's vision and was a step on the road to Mickey...why not? As to being a footnote, there are rides at the park based on films that most guests don't know, like Splash Mountain/Song of the South or Mr. Toad, and there are so many characters at the parks that are "minor" but beloved; IMHO there's no reason not to add one more. I'm also glad when I see a bit of the company's past being celebrated--like it's cool that they've had Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar out this year. I'd rather see Oswald brought forward than some direct-to-DVD Fairy Princess Exactly Like the Other 1000000 Fairy Princesses.
    It's true there are other side notes that have been given rides, but they don't have a shop, a bunch of t-shirts, and ear hats to go along with their rides. I just think enough is enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast