Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What do you think are the most asked questions?

I was in the Rapunzel meet and greet queue with my daughter today and watched the CMs have to tell countless groups of people that they couldn't just walk in and see her. The problem is the way that queue has a big gap from when you reach the front of the line to the door where you actually enter. Some dark ride's exit runs between those two spots (Pinocchio, I think) and lots of people seemed to just naturally wander right toward the Tangled entrance. The CMs there must get really tired of explaining about the actual line to people.

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    what time is the 3:00 parade
    I haven't seen anyone answer this yet, so does anyone know? I'm going next week.

• DLR Cast Member

At Blue Bayou, the podium hosts are often asked "Is this the restaurant that's inside Pirate's of the Carribean?" or some other version of the same question. I actually went to Pirates a couple of times and asked the CM out front "Is this the ride that is inside the Blue Bayou Restaurant?" - but they didn't get it. I had some of my friends do it too, but since it never got a laugh, I stopped.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    At Blue Bayou, the podium hosts are often asked "Is this the restaurant that's inside Pirate's of the Carribean?" or some other version of the same question. I actually went to Pirates a couple of times and asked the CM out front "Is this the ride that is inside the Blue Bayou Restaurant?" - but they didn't get it. I had some of my friends do it too, but since it never got a laugh, I stopped.
    I've done things like this quite a few times, with a sly grin and or wink. Generally the only ones who realize I'm joking are the ones that recognize me, or know me by name.

One of my favorites is to ask, when the parade is just about to come by, if the crowd control CM knows when the parade will start? When they give me a serious answer it suggests to me that they are trying to help me with a strait forward answer because it's a common question and not obvious to the average guest.

•   

It definitely depends on the line of business and location. But the restroom question absolutely comes in at no. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mavmaestre View Post
    Is this a ride?

Is the wait time really ___ long?

What is this?

Where do I get in line for this ride?

How old do you have to be to go on this ride?

Is there a height requirement?

Where can I park my stroller?
    All very common ones in Attractions. I would also add another one: "Is that the wait time from this point, or from the end of the line?" Considering that every attraction falls into the latter category, it's pretty astonishing how many people continue to ask that question every day, even toward the end of the day, when they've presumably visited plenty of other attractions already.

• Blew By You

All CMs get this question: "Do you work here?"

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    This is my favorite question to get asked by a guest because I can actually play with it. I look down at my name tag and say, "WOAH WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!" or "I think so?" It usually gets a super confused look followed by a chuckle. I don't do it to people who look like they wouldn't think it's funny, though.

But yeah, I get asked about the restrooms more than anything else.

• Heavy Breather

Beat me to it.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• ~

"How much do fastpasses cost?"

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    is there a loop in space mountain?
    Guilty is charged. I'm sure this is extremely common since you can't see the layout of the track. When I was little, I was afraid that there would be a loop. My parents told me that there wasn't, but they were the ones that said that Splash Mountain was just a nice log ride with singing animals and left out the part about the giant drops. So I didn't exactly trust them and asked a Cast Member instead.

Does it cost extra?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I overheard someone asking, "Where are the fireworks?" and the CM pointed the sky and responded, "In the sky?" LOL I he

I heard that the common question is "Where is Magic Mountain?" when people are referring to the Matterhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I haven't seen anyone answer this yet, so does anyone know? I'm going next week.
    It depends on where you see it. It takes time for the parade to move from Small World to Main Street, and vice Versa. It should take about 20 - 30 minutes,

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    This is my favorite question to get asked by a guest because I can actually play with it. I look down at my name tag and say, "WOAH WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!" or "I think so?" It usually gets a super confused look followed by a chuckle.
    That would have to by my favorite response ever. It takes the hum drum out of a boring day, make it a little more entertaining, :P
    Last edited by The Disney Ninja; 10-22-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

When I was a CM in the old Parking Lot (summer, 1990), I remember a couple times when a bedraggled guest would approach me around midnight and confess, "I forget where we parked..." (or, rephrased as a question, "where did we park?"). The cool thing was that, if the guest remembered approximately what time they arrived, we could look on a chart that would narrow things down. So, if the guest said they got to the Parking Lot around 10:00am, we could tell that they would be in the Robin Hood or Pinocchio section. Then, we'd put them on one of those little golf-cart-type vehicles and zip them off to the particular section(s) and sorta cruise around until they spotted their car. (Well, I never got to do all of this "special ops" stuff, but my higher-ups did).

• formerly very helpful

The Mice Tales books had some really good "bad questions" that guests have asked.

However, not wanting to repeat those that I have used on cast members, the one I sometimes use to get a smile or confused look from a cast member is "Where can I find Bugs Bunny!?" I always try to ask it really excitedly. Sometimes it gets them off guard, but I don't think any of the cast members didn't realize I was joking. At least after a few seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12