Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 11-14

• Elk Grove Chris

October 11-14

Day 1-Thursday, October 11

Drove up to the land from a conference I was attending in San Diego on a Thursday. Traffic not too bad, made it to Anaheim in about an hour and a half. Rain came down pretty good in San Diego until right about the time I left at 2.

Checked into Anaheim Plaza Inn and Suites, easy check in and room was ready early. Not the newest place, but clean and close, friendly staff, all good. Off to the land solo, my 11-year old son flying solo tomorrow to join me.

Made my way to CA to check out Carsland for the first time, made it in around 3:45, rain clouds all around. Not a whole lotta people making their way in, probably already inside (yep).

Kind of just hunkered down on Buena Vista Street to take it all in, vast improvement. I made my way towards the Carthay Circle Theater. Pixar Parade was about to start, so I stuck around to check it out. It started sprinkling.

Parade was kinda cool, glad I stuck around to check it out. It was now raining, put my jacket on, hood to cover camera.

Headed towards Carsland after the parade, around 4:30, still raining. Wow, so much to look at, they really did a good job here.

Got in the SRL for RSR, about 10 minutes in they announced that the ride was down because of the rain. It was coming down pretty good. Decided to head to DL to duck into a dark ride, needed me some HM.

Wait, what, where did all these people come from? It was Thursday, it was raining, donít these people read the forums? Maybe they did, foreshadowing of the next few days. Headed over to HM, thirty minute wait at 5:00.

Rain had stopped by the time I exited HM. Hmmm, back to CA to see if I could get on RSR and maybe get the fading light on Paradise Pier for some pics.

RSR still down, sea of humanity waiting for it to pop, Iíll pass on the wait.

I was really impressed with the scale and detail of the rockwork. Time to get on a ride; hit SR for Screamin, only about 10 people in front of me. Took 30 minutes to get on the ride, whoah, worse than summer.

Moved with a purpose to PP to see what the sky looked like, it was good.

I couldnít believe how many people were here on a Thursday night. I know some were here early for the MHP on Friday, but man. I made my way back to DL just as the parade was hitting MS.

Not sure what happened here, looks like I am panning the float that is moving by at 2 miles an hour.

Started to just wander around practicing taking night shots, not something I have done a whole lot of. Usually at the parks with the family, so I usually stow the camera once it gets dark. Donít want to have them waiting for me setting up a tripod and all that, so this was something new. Definitely need to practice a bit more, pretty mixed bag with the night shots, some decent, most pretty bad. I think I need to play more with the bulb setting and use my remote to shoot shorter exposures (2 sec, 5 sec, etc.).

Here is one where I should have paid more attention to Hotsauceís tutorial. I should have taken a separate shot of the Tomorrowland sign and masked it in, way overblown in this shot. I really like the motion part though.

No one left in Tomorrowland, it was around 9:30, park closed at 9:00. Right after this shot security started sweeping through, time to move on to MS. Took in the shops a bit then headed to my room. Still surprised at how many people were at the parks.

Our next trip, the four of us plus my Mom, was going to be the week of Thanksgiving. Not looking forward to those crowds, but hey, at least we would be back at DL, with more days and hours than this trip.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Re: October 11-14

Wow, I am surprised at the amout of people in the park...Great pics. Can't wait for more.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Wonderful Pictures! What camera do you use, if I may ask. Thanks!

• waitin' to board

....nice pics.....

• AKA - DisneyChris

Great pics - I love the one with the balloon vendor - sooo colorful - also - that is the best shot of the DCA entrance I have ever seen. Looks great from the angle you shot it. There is a bit of a smokey affect in you photos that is really quite lovely.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

We were at the Anaheim Plaza starting Saturday night!
    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

• some assembly required

Good TR!
    I really like the pic of the rockets.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Great pictures!

I too stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Wed-Sun. And I was shocked by how crowded it was at the parks Thursday, even while it was raining. I was hoping the rain would clear out some of the crowds both Thursday and Friday, but no dice.

Nice TR and pics!

Thanks for sharing!

We were there Oct 8-13, and couldn't believe how busy it was mid-week! Our previous trips had been Spring Break and Summer time...and that week was so much busier tHan we had previously experienced.

Great photos...wish mine had turned out that well...

• a damsel not in distress

i love the picture of the pier at sunset. i can't wait to see more!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• formerly very helpful

Great trip report. I really liked that photo of Fowler's Harbor. May become a new desktop soon.

That Fowler's Harbor picture is really nice! Ah, if only the "Inn" had an actual room with a bed...

• Goofy

nice pictures thanks

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I really liked that photo of Fowler's Harbor.

Agreed. But what I want to know, is how did I not see this? Ever? Where is this located and is it tucked away? It is the only pic I cannot I.D. where the camera is at/line of sight. So odd. I know where "Fowler's Cave" is (Splash), but this looks like Frontierland or CC - off ride.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast