Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worried about Sunshine Plaza redo

Okay so Ive heard they were making this a sorta redwood look now but my question is: is the style of the shows (cough block party bash cough) going to clash with the style or is that ot a big deal.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Worried about Sunshine Plaza redo

I don't think it will be a redwood redo- that is proposed for condor flats and it would be rediculous to have the same theme take up a majority of the park's area.

More likely it will be something that will include or represents elements from all over California, or at least a portion that hasn't yet been represented in DCA.

As for clashing styles, many different parades of clashing themes have been staged on 19th century Main Street without a problem. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

• șoș Tom șoș

^ I had heard similar grumblings, I think it will be a more all inclusive entrance area, pine trees/palm trees, mountains, waves, sun, Disney chracters or touch, etc...I expect that a great way to keep the look of the park but push trees and vegetaions

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I'm interested to see how they're gonna weave the monorail track into their new plans.

Whatever this new redo turns out to be, I'm defnitely looking forward to it!

I wouldn't mind if the gold titanium sun were to be moved in some form to the North side of the monorail beam.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm not worried about it at all.

After seeing what was done with HPB, and considering how bad DCA's entrance looks now ... I figure, it can't be any worse.

• The Fantasyland guy

I'll miss the Golden Gate bridge... if they remove it.

I understand why they would.

• Banned User

If they take too much of the California theme away won't they have to rename the entire park?

I don't see why they are going to redo the entrance... I never thought it looked bad... granted it is NOT A "Walt's" Disneyland...

But they need to take out the cheesy effects of Paradise Pier (ie: carnival type games you can get at any roadside fair), and worry about that area before they need to spend money on the entrance plaza.

Curious to see what will happen to the monorail!

Guess we all know why Barry recently got laid off... just a shame to have spent all the money on a park that nobody seems to like and is sub par, then spend more money in attempts to make it right!

• Still lost in Neverland

See my trip report thread for 1/9/06 and you will read what I found out on my last visit. I tried to link to it but all I get is thread not found so I don't know what I did wrong. It's in this same thread though.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    I wouldn't mind if the gold titanium sun were to be moved in some form to the North side of the monorail beam.
    I've been thinking the same thing, I will try to photoshop an idea of that this week when I get a chance, Move the sun in the middle, maybe even give him a character face...then paint the postcards a nice "purplish" scuplt 3-dimensional waves, arching from the bottom of the mountains up and over the edge of the west and east sides of the gates, place oversized surfboards with fab five characters riding a surfboard, or climbing the mountains. Insert oversized fake sequoias, chipmonks on a double glider thing, Goofy on a bike coming down the side of the mtn, etc. Look at the size and sculpt of the figures that were attached to the California signs for Christmas.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPLightningBug
    If they take too much of the California theme away won't they have to rename the entire park?
    Not really -- like many thought, DCA will be like "Disney's Adventure Park in California" more than a park "themed" to California as it evolves. Nothing they've put in since opening has anything to do with California, as that "theme" flat out sucks.

I mean, you have a Eureka parade, celebrating all the cultures in California. Then you have..... what exactly as a follow up? What ELSE are you going to celebrate about California? A Produce Parade? A Tortilla Parade? A Redwood Tree parade? A Universal Studios Hollywood Star Parade?

(Damas y caballeros... ninos y ninas! En solo diez minutos Disney presenta el "Parade Del Tortillas!" MASECA!!!)

They apparently couldn't think of anything good either. The theme is unworkable, so any step out of that is a good one.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog

I mean, you have a Eureka parade, celebrating all the cultures in California. Then you have..... what exactly as a follow up? What ELSE are you going to celebrate about California? A Produce Parade? A Tortilla Parade? A Redwood Tree parade? A Universal Studios Hollywood Star Parade?

(Damas y caballeros... ninos y ninas! En solo diez minutos Disney presenta el "Parade Del Tortillas!" MASECA!!!).
    Oh seriously they should do Cinco De Mayo everyday in a newly added Mexican village, and put out pinatas with real candy for the kids and lots of color and music.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Oh seriously they should do Cinco De Mayo everyday in a newly added Mexican village, and put out pinatas with real candy for the kids and lots of color and music.
    Cinco de Mayo everyday parade? How does that mesh with California?

Didn't they do that whole pinatas and music thing in the food court/stage area already?

I'm not sure how a large Mexican birthday party (there are pinatas and candy at all of those too) would be a sustained tourist draw....
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Cinco de Mayo everyday parade? How does that mesh with California?

Didn't they do that whole pinatas and music thing in the food court/stage area already?

I'm not sure how a large Mexican birthday party (there are pinatas and candy at all of those too) would be a sustained tourist draw....
    No parade- think of this as the same thing as when the guys in NOS throw beeds to the crowds. An event in the part of the park celebrating our Hispanic history.

• Banned User

I can't wait for the remodel. DCA is so plain and Un-Disney like. I think the Trolley Station is a freaking awesome idea. The whole are just feels cheap. The shops aren't classy like the Emporium. I feel like I could go the Six Flags and see the same type of shops. Once the post card feel is gone I think it will look a hundred percent better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast