Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Master Gracey's Music Man

Re: Yays, Mehs, and Ughs

I completely agree with a "Non Disturbance" line for rides throughout the park. I havent been riding Pirates unfortunately due to the boatloads of idiots that feel so compelled to update their status, take millions of flash pictures, talk loudly (especially when they're criticizing the ride! ), then give you some dirty look when it's pointed out by either you or someone else. Sad as I am to say, even my usual patronage of the mansion has seriously waned due to bs like this .

Heck if it were possible for pirates or mansion or any dark ride for that matter, offenders would be corralled together then sent through the ride with photo taking cast members barraging them with flashbulbs constantly as they progress through the ride.
    While I do not condone in fact I outright hate violence against anyone on Disney property, sometimes you just want to haul these jerks off and knock some sense into them.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    --Cell phone usage, talking, and flash pictures on dark rides. Just once I would like to ride through the Blue Bayou section of Pirates and listen to the crickets and the banjo strumming without hearing people talking, full voiced, to whomever they are with. Wait until the ride is over, I'm sure it can wait. Also, you're in Disneyland, most likely either on your vacation or enjoying some time away from the drudgery of the real world. Is it really necessary to text and update your Facebook status while you're on a ride? During one of our Haunted Mansion rides, we were backed up in the portrait gallery and a lady was in front of us with her two girls who looked to be about 5 or 6. They were excitedly pointing out the portraits changing and the lightning and asking their mom questions, and she spent the entire time texting with someone and completely ignoring them.
    Yes.
    I also get annoyed with the people holding up iPads to take pictures and video during shows like World of Color and Fantasmic. If you're going to take pictures and video don't use a tablet that is almost 10 inches tall and 8 inches wide with a super bright screen.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Meh

--My favorite spot in DCA to cool off and relax, the animation building, had been hijacked with an exhibition about Frankenweenie.
    Hijacking, what was previously empty unused space, by works of Tim Burton is Meh? The seats were still there and it the air-condition was still on. Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I thought they still did the loudspeaker warnings--I've heard them a few times over the past six months, most recently on Splash Mountain when some idiot in one of the logs ahead of ours stood up.
    I had that exact same experience on Splash Mountain just last time. Two overeager young girls just couldn't keep still. They reached their arms out at one point, and at another point, near the end with the boat, they actually stood up in the log! I actually asked them to please sit down, and I even heard the loudspeaker warning. Not that that had much effect on them. I was just lucky that the ride didn't stop working simply because of this.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• former CM

Excellent post, Ryancr78!

I strongly agree with almost everything,
    except that we like Luigi's Tires,
    and the temporary Frankenweenie exhibit.

Disney should post some signs "Please do not use cell phones during this attraction, not even to text." outside of POTC.

I'll lighten the following because it's a deviant opinion:

Spoiler
    I thought I was the only one who hated some of the DCA entertainers. I can't put my finger on why. The Newsie Boys & Minnie's flight attendants annoy the heck out of me. I get that it's because there must be something wrong with me. And I love singing and most barbershop quartets, but I've never been a big Dapper Dan fan, except when they sing "Grim Grinning Ghosts." There, after about 1,776 posts on Micechat I had to get that off my chest once. P.S. I miss the Delta Daddios.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-17-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Disney used to care about what the guest experience was like.......now it's all about how many times that you open your wallet.

--The new entertainment offerings at DCA are... tolerable, but they were lurking behind every corner every single time we went anywhere. Buena Vista Street? The Jonas Bros. Newsie Boys singing their NSync version of "California Here We Come." Cars Land? The loud, loud, loud DJ car thing and his equally loud female human leader. Paradise Pier? Phineas and Ferb singing some "Carpe Diem" song on a float that creepily seemed to go wherever we went, following us, like a couple of giant cartoon stalkers. Also, I like the concept of the Goofy orchestra water show thing, but when we were on the other side of the Pier and heard that "Ha! Ha! Ha!" music, we wanted to jump into the water just to make it go away.
    I don't know, I liked that newsboy show, especially since it had a TALKING Mickey! It was neat to see his eyes and mouth actually moving! And that water show with Goofy was neat. That "Ha ha ha" music is actually "Holiday For Strings" as performed by Spike Jones. I know because I was there and I heard it, and I thought it sounded like Jones. I especially remember it because it was used as one of the songs featured on DTV, a collection of music videos comprised of pop and rock songs interwoven Disney cartoons, and originally playing on the old school Disney Channel. In fact, YouTube has several of those DTV music videos available to view. Here's the video for "Holiday For Strings" as seen on DTV: DTV - Holiday for Strings - YouTube.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Disney used to care about what the guest experience was like.......now it's all about how many times that you open your wallet.
    Unfortunate but true.
    I had a terrible POTC experience on my trip last month with a kid taking flash pictures through the entire ride and there was no loudspeaker warning or anything. No acknowledgement of him breaking the rules by any CM during or after the ride. It was disappointing.

I had some Korean teen age/college kids on a trip on Haunted Mansion. Spoke no English just yelled to each other in Korean whole ride (yelled on pre-ride and bumped into me several times) and took constant flash photos during dark ride. Really annoying. Total A-holes. I know because I could recognize their language. Nothing against Koreans, just against these jerks who ruined my favorite ride.

---------- Post added 11-17-2012 at 09:28 PM ----------

I agree with OP about the Red Car Newsies. Bad music. It could be so much better with less rave drums... Come on. Also the Pheonis and Phurb or wharever. Just take the volume down a notch please! I do really like Mini's Fly school though. Just take out the lame techo beat to the newsies. So bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Ughh....so true!
    For the love of Disney....

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    I had some Korean teen age/college kids on a trip on Haunted Mansion. Spoke no English just yelled to each other in Korean whole ride (yelled on pre-ride and bumped into me several times) and took constant flash photos during dark ride. Really annoying. Total A-holes. I know because I could recognize their language. Nothing against Koreans, just against these jerks who ruined my favorite ride.
    In March I got stuck in the same Jeep on Indiana Jones with a group of sorority girls who did nothing but take pictures of each other during the ride and scream the entire time.

Other guests can be incredibly annoying sometimes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123