Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Monsters Inc lovers alliance

Okay so lately Ive been hearing the typical DCA bashers bashing the new monsters inc ride and Im kinda getting sick of it because when they first found out about the ride they said they would be happy as long as the sets were not flats, and now that the sets are amazing and there are 40 3d characters, they are complaining that the characters mouth dont have a lot of movement. If this ride was in DL they would love it. so this is the new alliance for people who really enjoy monsters inc: mike and sully to the rescue. Im working on a logo now.

• Minion

Re: Monsters Inc lovers alliance

i love the ride

i don't know what people's problems is

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

So far I've only seen a video of it, but on my next trip this month I'm going to ride it. From what I've seen, I think it's great! I'm really excited to go ride it.

• Looking for Love

I don't know about the ride, but I love the movie! Im in!

• Life is Great!

it was wonderful, we found it to be good "old school" dark ride. and my 2.5 yr old boy loved it! we never saw superstarlame-o, it was closed before we got the chance. i think they did a wonderful job and i love the boo on randals back figure the best!! her expression is priceless
    {:

• Rock Star Minion

I think the main issue with the complaints is that the technology exists, and DIS/TDA/WDI decided not to use it. It doesn't seem to be something that can't be improved sometime in the future, though. But if no one complains, then there won't be improvement.

And, you can always ignore complaints. Don't have to let them get to you, as if they're personal affronts to you.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• CM for 4 years!

I LOVE Monster's Inc: MASTTR! I think it very easily rivals both Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan's Flight as best dark ride in the Resort. The door room effect is superb, the pouring water in Harry Hausen's is really neat, and it's a pretty well-thought-out dark ride, as far as dark rides go.

But then, I've always had a real soft spot for Pinocchio. But Pinocchio's Daring Journey has SOOO many cardboard cutouts, and Monster's Inc has NONE!

I'm really torn because I love my classics, but Monster's Inc. might just be better. :P
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Well, the ride is okay, but only because it could have been so much more than it was. The characters mouths, the queue (indoor/outdoor) the sets, but they did a good job for the small budget that they had.

• Banned User

I dig it!

It is very similar to Mr. Toads and Alice - but with a revitalized Pixarish theme! Who couldn't love that? It is a "young" ride... designed for little people... but hey... I'm 30something and I like it! But then again, I'm a total Monsters, Inc. lover and I'm not a DCA hater either!

I also really dig that when you are in HarryHausens it smells like wasabi! NICE touch! Also I like the personalization for every car at the end when Roz gives her parting words... but I was surprised that with the technology invested in the flash bulb thing at the end that they didn't make it into a free ride photo like in Buzz! (they should think about adding that eventually!)

• Artsy Fartsy

I think it's a cool ride. I got to ride it 4 times while I was there for the 1st. I'm in. M.I.L.A. ROCKS!!!!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Head Salesman

I went on it today, and I liked it. I really liked the part where the CDA swarms in on you; it makes you feel like part of the action.

I don't know if anyone's reported this yet, but there's a reference to the Haunted Mansion in the ride. When Boo hits Randal, he shifts into different colors and patterns. One of them is the popular purple HM wallpaper from the corridor of doors.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• no flash photography...

I love DCA, but I thought monsters inc was just OK...*shrug*, but I don't like slow dark rides...don't even get me started on the DL ones...LOL...The only ones i like there are peter pan, but I rarely ride it and mr toad and I go on that one even less than peter pan...LOL...I go on peter pan maybe once every two or three years... I will admit monsters inc is better than the DL dark rides rides...well, i like peter pan more, but Only because it's so pretty inside..

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

i LOVED it!! i've been on it about 10 times & am eager to go again! i think there were a lot of fantastic effects, so much to look at & enjoy and surprises that lend to its repeatability. i guess it just goes to show that you can't please everybody.
    <o>

• Senior Minion

I was able to ride it 5 times the first day. I love it! This is great! I love the Harry Hausen scene with the ginger smell. And I also (as I have said before) love the doors area sequence. I can't wait to ride again on my next visit.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Well, I hate DCA, but I think Monsters Inc. is a good attraction (one of only three that I like at DCA). So, can a confirmed DCA hater join the Monsters Inc Lovers Alliance?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast