Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Actors using scooters?

She will not ever DRAG herself across the stage, no matter what. That is simply an absurdly ludicrous statement not driven by a sound mind, so let's all just close that issue now since it goes nowhere.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Thomas, while I respect your opinion, I think you've blown this issue way out of proportions. Dragging herself across the stage for the sake of acting? Sure, that may be acceptable in a professional movie, or Broadway play, but certainly not in Disneyland. Personally, someone struggling across the stage, would be more distracting to me than the scooter.

Also, I think one of the main messages in Aladdin, is that whatever obstacles you face, you can always make the best of it. So why shouldn't the casting directors include a prime example of that in the show?
    I do think they should have a magic carpet wheelchair.

Anyway, no matter what they may come up with, it is just a Disney show. It doesn't need to be realistic.

It's a show not a historical reenactment! If you went to a Civil War or Salem Witch Trials reenactment then you can be distracted by something not historically accurate. At a theme park you just have to accept that the Aladdin show has someone in a wheelchair, the runaway mine train has seat belts, and the guy loading you into a giant teacup is wearing sunglasses.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    It's a show not a historical reenactment! If you went to a Civil War or Salem Witch Trials reenactment then you can be distracted by something not historically accurate. At a theme park you just have to accept that the Aladdin show has someone in a wheelchair, the runaway mine train has seat belts, and the guy loading you into a giant teacup is wearing sunglasses.
    YES!!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Thomas, while I respect your opinion, I think you've blown this issue way out of proportions. Dragging herself across the stage for the sake of acting? Sure, that may be acceptable in a professional movie, or Broadway play, but certainly not in Disneyland. Personally, someone struggling across the stage, would be more distracting to me than the scooter.

Also, I think one of the main messages in Aladdin, is that whatever obstacles you face, you can always make the best of it. So why shouldn't the casting directors include a prime example of that in the show?
    Awesome!! You took the words right out of my mouth!! Aladdin does give that message, anything is possible NO MATTER what walk of life you are.

---------- Post added 10-26-2012 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I do think they should have a magic carpet wheelchair.

Anyway, no matter what they may come up with, it is just a Disney show. It doesn't need to be realistic.

no no magical carpet wheelchair, but i get what chesire was saying..i said it in my post above this one.

• The one and only

I don't have anything to add to the conversation aside from saying that I am a fan of Jennifer's, and she is absolutely wonderful in the show. I've been lucky enough to sit at the bottom of the theater a few times, and every time I hear who go by at the end of "Prince Ali," her voice has impressed me.

Here's a video of her telling her story, if anyone is interested. Disney publicly congratulated her for this a few years ago, so I think it's safe sharing. If not, a mod can remove it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456