Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• -

Re: When is an Apple Store coming to the Disneyland resort ? Preferred DTD!

Really, I don't think one is needed there. I would rather wait an hour for a ride rather than for a rep at the genius bar.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

So would there be a market for Apple products that would probably cost 2 to 3 times as much as they do outside the park? Sure they could plaster Mickey Mouse on them, but would anyone really be willing to pay an outrageous price for that? And then there is the other little problem... people are on a vacation, do those people want to lug an expensive computer back home with them? I don't see this as being a viable business... Even if you located it to Downtown Disney you still have the same issues... rents there are very high which means the store would have to charge higher prices to break even, or choose to operate at a loss... and then you have to look at who is going there, is it mostly locals or tourists... the tourist will have the same issue with lugging something back home in there luggage so you end up with the a lot of the same issues that selling them in a resort would have.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Really, I don't think one is needed there. I would rather wait an hour for a ride rather than for a rep at the genius bar.

i feel there should not be a store either.. i think that having the disney themed iphone cases is enough.. and hello?? there is Best Buy electronics Kiosks all throughout downtown Disney with Apple products..DTD does not need a APPLE store.. maybe at Gardenwalk, but not DTD

• Parking Lot > DCA

This was brought up a while back here and I am going to post what I did in that thread (what I can remember, anyway)

In my opinion, I think Downtown Disney needs more big name stores and restaurants. I feel like they really missed (and continue to miss) the mark when it comes to leasing their stores and kiosks out. There are some great places like the House of Blues, the Lego store, Quiksilver and the few Disney-themed stores like Wonderground and D Street. Other than the small handful of places the rest kinda blows. The restaurants are pretty sub par as is the shopping selection and I think that if it wasn't smack dab in the middle of the Resort it would have flopped by now for sure.

The kiosks at Downtown Disney are a joke. They are selling crappy dog puppets and fake Affliction brand shirts, all while your eardrums are beaten to death by the dude playing "Hotel California" on the Spanish guitar over and over. While this is common in terms of malls and other dining/entertainment places, I feel like Disney could step up the game a little bit in terms of companies they lease out there, and I think an Apple Store could work, but first they also need to bring in some actual restaurant brands as well.

I often compare it to City Walk, which IMO has a pretty decent selection of restaurants, as well as entertainment. I'm not saying City Walk is better than Downtown Disney but they do offer a wider selection of places that you recognize. I think Disney should follow in that path.

• Banned User

*derisive snort* "Resort." *smh*

• My Children's Father

I don't think Disney wants people lined up overnight in DtD for iPhone 6, 7, 8, etc.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    I don't think Disney wants people lined up overnight in DtD for iPhone 6, 7, 8, etc.
    You never know any publicity Disney gets is a plus you know how many local news would go there Dtd needs this store to survive

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    You never know any publicity Disney gets is a plus you know how many local news would go there Dtd needs this store to survive
    No, it really doesn't. They seem to be doing rather well without it.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think most people would not buy a MacBook Pro at Disneyland if they can buy them at their local mall, but maybe if they sell cool Disney-specific merchandise, it could do well. Downtown Disney needs some more shops and restaurants, especially ones not run by Disney. I think if they got stores like H&M (inexpensive and nice), Vans (people love shoes), and a well-known restaurant, maybe even one owned by a celebrity chef, like Bobby Flay or Guy Fieri, it could help boost the popularity of DTD and maybe have people go to DTD just on its own. Plus, a swing dancing nightclub for all ages!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Apple store in DTD, not necessarily a good idea. But a kiosk that sells just Apple accessories, sure. I would rather have more places around to charge my phone though.

• Sock Puppet

Ummm thousands of people lined up over night and slept in the quad between disneyland and DCA waiting for the morning of the opening of carsland.so i am sure a overnight lineup for a apple iphone is nothing really for Disney.. but then again a apple store is not needed in DTD. They are doing fine with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Apple store in DTD, not necessarily a good idea. But a kiosk that sells just Apple accessories, sure. I would rather have more places around to charge my phone though.

which they have! they have the best buy kiosk!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Ummm thousands of people lined up over night and slept in the quad between disneyland and DCA waiting for the morning of the opening of carsland.so i am sure a overnight lineup for a apple iphone is nothing really for Disney.. but then again a apple store is not needed in DTD. They are doing fine with out it.

which they have! they have the best buy kiosk!
    Of course they support this when it benefits them. But unless they get a percentage of sales, why would they support the Apple store?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Fastest Man Alive

I think it would be great. Just stick in Downtown Disney, though. DtD needs some good stuff. Universal CityWalk is so much better, while DtD is just bland.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Sock Puppet

Of course they support this when it benefits them. But unless they get a percentage of sales, why would they support the Apple store?
    they wouldnt' and they would not put a apple store in DTD, it doesn't need it. It is doing fine on it's own.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    they wouldnt' and they would not put a apple store in DTD, it doesn't need it. It is doing fine on it's own.
    Again, not saying an Apple Store is the answer but it's only doing fine because it's smack dab in the middle of the Disneyland Resort. It wouldn't be fine on it's own if it was indeed, on it's own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast