• Insomniac

Lightbulb Build your own Disneyland.

We all love the Disneyland we all know and love today, but what would YOU change? Given everything you know now, what would change? What would stay the same?

Personally I would do the following to each land.

Main Street:

1) Town hall would house a Walt Disney museum.
    2) New streets parallel with Mainstreet would go behind the Mainstreet shops. The west side street (JC side) would be a simple pathway street to help with crowding problems. The east side street (Tomorrowland side) would open up with 2 new attractions: Main Street Theater (showing Fab Five Shows) and Hall of the Presidents.
    3) Main Street cinema would show original black and white comedies, Oswald cartoons, and current Mickey cartoons.

Fantasyland/ Toon Town

1) Where the new princess fair thing is going would be a Sword and the stone dark ride. Guests enter the ride where the new M&G is and the track winds under the paths and under the moat. The moat would be a major show scene for the ride. Also have the facade of the ride be the crumbling tower Merlin stays in during the movie. The majority of the track/ ride would be under grade and the pathways would go over top of it allowing there to be sufficient room for the ride.
    2) Fantasyland theater would be the home to Fantasmic! Reason: Crowding issues in Frontierland/
    NOS. A new water way/ island for the show would wind back to where Big Thunder Ranch is. Mickey's Steam boat would make the rounds throughout the day with the area themed
    to Toon Town. Captain Hook's Boat would be reserved for the show only. It would be similar to DHS's Fantasmic with the show only be available for seating with limited standing room up front.
    3) Dumbo and Casey Junior would both have a connected interactive queue. Casey Junior would have its station moved to behind Dumbo and the entrance. For CJ would be on the west side of Dumbo with the Dumbo entrance on the east side.
    4) Toon Town would replace Goofy's house with a new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show.
    5) A new interactive gaming attraction would be placed in the entertainment building behind Toon town called Toon Town Heroes.
    6) A tangled ride would be placed where the old motor boat cruise ride was. It would be a boat ride with indoor/ outdoor show scenes.

Adventureland:
    1) Jungle Cruise would have a completely different layout. The JC boats would wind through show scenes with the land in the center devoted to a new
    Indiana jones attraction. Bridges would allow guests to cross over the JC to the new land/ ride in the center of the land.
    2) New Indiana Jones mine roller coaster would be built in the center of the jungle cruise.
    3) Bangled BBQ and part of the Adventureland stores would be replaced by a museum of the weird
    type walkthrough attraction.
    4) Tahitian Terrace would return to its original location.

Frontierland:

1) Lawmen/ Outlaws animatronics/ special effects show built where the tunnel for Natures wonderland train went through.
    2) Western River Expedition built where Circle D ranch is.
    3) Golden Horseshoe revue returns.

New Orleans Square:

No change.

Critter Country:

1) Country Bears Jamborie returned, Pooh evicted.

Tomorrowland:

1) Innoventions replaced by Adventures through Inner Space: Mission 2 (roller coaster with animatronics).
    2) Space Mountain Queue gets new LCD screens/ projections instead of the awful backlit images (like star tours).
    3) Whole land gets new astethics with all facades (except space Mountain) getting facades replaced. Blue, silver, and white is the new color scheme. All stucco is removed and replaced with facades similar to the retro style that Redd Rocket's recently received. The awful painted concrete planters (or whatever you would call them) get replaced with more organic looking replacements.
    4) Autopia would have electric cars that do not allow you to drive off course (instead of the awful concrete physical barrier, the cars would use GPS to determine whether yo were going to go off the track).
    5) Autopia station/ queue minimized.
    6) New exploration queue/ building for FNSV built where the autopia queue is (possibly move TTwC to this new building).
    7) Captain EO removed and the theater opened up and used as a restaurant/ theater again.
    8) Redd Rocket's removed and replaced by Wall-e interactive show.
    9) Starcade revived with first floor being Futuristic and the second floor being retro 80's (think Flynn's).
    Last edited by Bronco21; 10-23-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Re: Build your own Disneyland.

In concept, I like all these ideas. In execution, I can think of some immediate challenges with respect to available real estate, but some of those can be worked around.

As an aside I have a question for anyone who would like to actually see their own idealized Disney park as an illustration.

Just as a landscape artist can be commissioned to create a watercolor of one's house, I can be commissioned to create a "map" (technically an in-scale illustrated site plan) of one's 'own' Disneyland, in the same style as seen here: YESTERLAND: The Theme Park

It wouldn't be cheap, but it wouldn't be ridiculously expensive (e.g. the altered DL as described by Brono21 above would be rate about $250 for a digital painting; a completely original park from scratch would be significantly more). Do people feel there's a market for this service among theme park fans or is it too niche/too costly for the young people/students that are into this kind of imagining?

Wow, you've really thought this out!

No messing with my Bengal BBQ! It has one of the few good vegetarian options.

I'm kind of tired... what are FNSV and TTwC?

I don't think the arcade would need to be two levels. Unless all game play is inlcuded free as part of the attraction.

---------- Post added 10-23-2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

I certainly wouldn't pay $250! I'm cheap though, I rarely buy souvenirs in Disneyland. Just food and the ticket are enough for me.

• Banned User

Your maps are cool but promoting them in someone elses thread is not cool. Especially since you already started your own thread for that purpose. Bronco, 2 of your ideas are already being realized at Disneyland. Oswald cartoons are indeed being shown at Main Street cinema and I think Disneyland is working on opening up the back alley near Jungle Cruise if I heard correctly! I must say though that Disney will never close a store to make room for a museum

• -

I would be happy if they made the Penny Arcade a penny arcade instead of overflow for the adjacent retail space.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    In concept, I like all these ideas. In execution, I can think of some immediate challenges with respect to available real estate, but some of those can be worked around.

As an aside I have a question for anyone who would like to actually see their own idealized Disney park as an illustration.

Just as a landscape artist can be commissioned to create a watercolor of one's house, I can be commissioned to create a "map" (technically an in-scale illustrated site plan) of one's 'own' Disneyland, in the same style as seen here: YESTERLAND: The Theme Park

It wouldn't be cheap, but it wouldn't be ridiculously expensive (e.g. the altered DL as described by Brono21 above would be rate about $250 for a digital painting; a completely original park from scratch would be significantly more). Do people feel there's a market for this service among theme park fans or is it too niche/too costly for the young people/students that are into this kind of imagining?
    I realize that some of my ideas are not necessarily possible, but this is just for fun. Nothing I listed (except for possibly Oswald cartoons in Main Street cinema and the Main Street back alleys) will ever get built. It's just what I would like to see.

I am sure that there are many who would pay for digital paintings, but I probably should resist since school is already taking most of my cash. I do like your maps that you have created though. Just school is way too expensive to spend $250 on a digital painting of Disneyland (although I wouldn't mind seeing some of the many planned Pavilions that was planned for EPCOT).

---------- Post added 10-24-2012 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    Your maps are cool but promoting them in someone elses thread is not cool. Especially since you already started your own thread for that purpose. Bronco, 2 of your ideas are already being realized at Disneyland. Oswald cartoons are indeed being shown at Main Street cinema and I think Disneyland is working on opening up the back alley near Jungle Cruise if I heard correctly! I must say though that Disney will never close a store to make room for a museum
    Doesn't bother me, I only made the thread because I was super bored yesterday and didn't want to do my homework haha. Did they recently start showing Oswald shorts? I did not hear about it if they did.

FNSV = Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    TTwC= Turtle Talk With Crush

---------- Post added 10-24-2012 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would be happy if they made the Penny Arcade a penny arcade instead of overflow for the adjacent retail space.
    I agree, but I think all the orignal shops/ Penny arcade should return, but that's just me.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    LOL, nice.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>